Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #271
Vikaster
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Nutrition for boxing

1After training can i eat pickled cucumbers wit brown rice and chicken breast?
2.After training how much can i drink water and should i eat meal withing 1 hour?
3.Can i eat bleets with rice and chicken|?
Hope you will answer guys
EDIT: i drink beetwen sets, (small sips) before much water 2 hours before my workout i drink a lot of water but after training , 2 glasses enough for me?

Last edited by Vikaster; 09-22-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: editing
Vikaster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #272
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikaster View Post
1After training can i eat pickled cucumbers wit brown rice and chicken breast?
2.After training how much can i drink water and should i eat meal withing 1 hour?
3.Can i eat bleets with rice and chicken|?
Hope you will answer guys
EDIT: i drink beetwen sets, (small sips) before much water 2 hours before my workout i drink a lot of water but after training , 2 glasses enough for me?
1 - Yes.
2 - As much as you need & if you want. If you're training again the same day, then it would be particularly advisable.
3 - Yes.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #273
greenboxer

Two questions
What's you daily protein intake per kg? Right now I'm aiming at 1.2-1.5 grams of protein per kg

How many calories do you consume during 1 meal,What's to much and what's to little?
I eat 4 meals a day 400-600 calories with two snacks 100-300 calories. 2100-2600 calories daily .

I'm trying not to gain weight and trying to get familiar and build supporting muscle at a lower weight. I'm 5'11 180lb if I'm doing every thing right. But I can hit 190 if I over eat and miss a couple days in the gym and forget about portion control

Last edited by greenboxer; 09-23-2012 at 11:40 PM.
greenboxer is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #274
Fredd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenboxer View Post
Two questions
What's you daily protein intake per kg? Right now I'm aiming at 1.2-1.5 grams of protein per kg

How many calories do you consume during 1 meal,What's to much and what's to little?
I eat 4 meals a day 400-600 calories with two snacks 100-300 calories. 2100-2600 calories daily .

I'm trying not to gain weight and trying to get familiar and build supporting muscle at a lower weight. I'm 5'11 180lb if I'm doing every thing right but I can hit 190 if I over eat and miss a couple days in the gym.
1. My current protein intake is about 3g/kg, its not neccessary to have it that high, but its my personal preference to have it like that.
2. Personal preference, some meals I smash 1.5k-2k down, some meals 1k, some only 300-400. Depends on what im doing that day, and what my schedule is like.
3. What? I dont exactly understand what your saying.
Edit: forgot to mention, I'd set protein intake to about 2g/kg which i think equals to about 1g/lb.
Fredd is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #275
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I've read good things about greek yogurt. The only greek yogurt I've been aboe to find in stores has 23.5 g of sugar per serving. Should this be a concern?
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #276
greenboxer

Red face Re: Nutrition for boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand NOOBian View Post
I've read good things about greek yogurt. The only greek yogurt I've been aboe to find in stores has 23.5 g of sugar per serving. Should this be a concern?
I eat fage 0% greek yogurt 100 calories per serving 18 grams of protein 7 grams of sugar
Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #277
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I eat fage 0% greek yogurt 100 calories per serving 18 grams of protein 7 grams of sugar
Just noticed the package says "greek style" yogurt. 235 cal, 23.5 g carbs from sugar, and only 9 g of protein. Gonna stop buying this shit.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 05:30 AM   #278
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Vegan is going okay so far, protein is a struggle in the sense you have to prepare everything. Tell you what though, soy mince is the most disgusting 'food' in existence! Who the **** created that shit.

Feels good eating natural though, I actually wake up energised as opposed to feeling like I need to sleep the day away.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #279
greenboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abertawe View Post
Vegan is going okay so far, protein is a struggle in the sense you have to prepare everything. Tell you what though, soy mince is the most disgusting 'food' in existence! Who the **** created that shit.

Feels good eating natural though, I actually wake up energised as opposed to feeling like I need to sleep the day away.
Can you post a daily sample of your diet
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #280
greenboxer

Quote:
Can you post a daily sample of your diet
How's your new diet going? Anyone else on here doing a vegan diet?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #281
stew

Quote:
How's your new diet going? Anyone else on here doing a vegan diet?
I'm a vegetarian who is pretty much on a near vegan diet (I might occasionally have a little cheese every month or two).

If your familiar with VEGA products, I have their meal replacement shake every morning, and usually one of their protein shake supplements after a training session. VEGA make very good products that come highly endorsed- I would highly recommend checking them out. It is a tad expensive though.

Meal wise, I eat lot's of veggies, and protein in the form of tofu, various other soy products, quinoa, nuts, etc. I find eating a stirfry with lot's of vegtables, tofu and no rice 3-4 hours before training is the ideal meal. I'm energized and feel like I'm using stored energy moreso than what I've just eaten.

I've been on this diet for 10 years, and when I am really strict e.g. try to as much organic foods as possible/cut out processed foods as much as possible) I feel GREAT. Lot's of energy/clarity/etc.

Plus you're doing some good which never hurts
stew is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #282
greenboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stew View Post
I'm a vegetarian who is pretty much on a near vegan diet (I might occasionally have a little cheese every month or two).

If your familiar with VEGA products, I have their meal replacement shake every morning, and usually one of their protein shake supplements after a training session. VEGA make very good products that come highly endorsed- I would highly recommend checking them out. It is a tad expensive though.

Meal wise, I eat lot's of veggies, and protein in the form of tofu, various other soy products, quinoa, nuts, etc. I find eating a stirfry with lot's of vegtables, tofu and no rice 3-4 hours before training is the ideal meal. I'm energized and feel like I'm using stored energy moreso than what I've just eaten.

I've been on this diet for 10 years, and when I am really strict e.g. try to as much organic foods as possible/cut out processed foods as much as possible) I feel GREAT. Lot's of energy/clarity/etc.

Plus you're doing some good which never hurts
thanks ill have to try a stir fry for a pre workout meal sometime. I have my first fight at the end of the month and I would love to figure the best meal to eat before.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #283
stew

Quote:
thanks ill have to try a stir fry for a pre workout meal sometime. I have my first fight at the end of the month and I would love to figure the best meal to eat before.
I just picked up a book called THRIVE by Brendan Frazier (guy who developed Vega products/is a vegan triathelete) and it has been a god send in terms of nutrtion information for vegans.

Had no idea that hemp oil is a complete protein, and if you add yellow pea and rice protein powder to it you get an ever better amino acid chain.

I'm going to try the 12 week diet plan and see how it goes. If it can help me cut excess body fat I will be very stoked.
stew is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #284
greenboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stew View Post
I just picked up a book called THRIVE by Brendan Frazier (guy who developed Vega products/is a vegan triathelete) and it has been a god send in terms of nutrtion information for vegans.

Had no idea that hemp oil is a complete protein, and if you add yellow pea and rice protein powder to it you get an ever better amino acid chain.

I'm going to try the 12 week diet plan and see how it goes. If it can help me cut excess body fat I will be very stoked.
I bought the book last weekend. I've only had time to read the first chapter but his recipes look good but they exceed my calorie limits for right now. But I have been using his vega sport protein.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #285
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

If i was to make a veg smoothie... would i make it with water or milk??
pichuchu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing