Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Jonny The Hips
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default No More Mr Nice Guy Lean Mean Tyson Fury Training with Hatred-

No More Mr Nice Guy Lean Mean Tyson Fury Training with Hatred- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jonny The Hips is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
The Chosen
Bada Bing! Bada Boom!
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: No More Mr Nice Guy Lean Mean Tyson Fury Training with Hatred-

Ooh, he's give me the right willies.
The Chosen is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

He married his cousin lol
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

TYSON FURY freely admits he can’t much read or write – but he can count money and fight.

And he’s not a bad talker either. He can dish it out and he can take it back.

Fury’s a pretty humble guy, usually, but something’s changed in him lately.

Gone is Mr Nice, the 6ft 9in Gentle Giant.

Now he’s training with hatred ahead of his next fight, which takes place at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena on December 1.

His much-publicised spat with fellow heavyweight – Liverpool’s David Price – has flicked a switch for fight fans across the Irish Sea.

Scouser Price KO’d Audley Harrison last Saturday and immediately set his sights on a showdown with Fury, who he beat in the amateurs six years ago, albeit getting knocked down along the way.

View knockdown here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHeLG7e9nT4[/ame]

Price’s manager Frank Maloney labelled the Irish Traveller a ‘coward’ for not fighting his man up to now.

Fury responded by calling Price ‘gay’ on live TV – before unleashing a Twitter storm of anger on anyone who doubts him.

Some of it went too far, yes. But what he received back is nothing short of racism.

Caravans, horses, tarmac, dags – Fury’s put up with thousands of messages of abuse every day since, and probably before, horrible stuff aimed not just at him – but his young family and also his heritage.

It has left the 24-year-old a ticking timebomb.

From his training camp in Belgium, he told Seconds Out: “I’m sick of being Mr Nice, trying not to upset people. Muhammad Ali didn’t care who he upset, or what he done. And look at him.

“Mike Tyson as well, he could talk and he’s a famous person, he done well.

“So if it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for me.

“There’s no more Mr Nice here – I’m sick of the Gentle Giant, I’m sick of all that rubbish. I’m a bad man, and people had better start waking up and noticing that.

“I’m in great shape. I’m training with hatred.

“I ain’t doing it to get fit or to look good, I’m in kill mode. I’m thinking about my opponents every day and thinking about smashing their faces in.

“When I get tired and want to quit, I just think of these c***s out there calling me and my family names. They’re inspiring me on more.”

Despite the personal nature of the abuse, Fury makes the claim that he welcomes it.

He added: “It’s all good. The more s*** they talk, the more they build up the fight. That’s it, we’re building fights.

“It’s all true! I can’t spell, read write, whatever. I married my cousin, big deal so what who gives a f***?

“I ain’t an English teacher – I’m a fighter.

“My family are not educated people. We’re Gypsies, Travellers, whatever you want to call it, scum of the earth. That’s what we are.

“We’re not accepted in any country, nothing. But one thing we have got is we can f***ing fight. And to us that’s all that matters.”

And Fury certainly can fight. He’s built a record of 19-0 with 14 knockouts, and become the first man ever to win the Irish, British and Commonwealth titles.

Last year he took Dereck Chisora’s unbeaten record before ‘Del Boy’ became what Fury called a ‘journeyman’ in his three defeats since.

Yes, he has some flaws. He can be slow at times, ponderous.

He can be hit with the overhand right, and opponents do look for that shot.

But he has been getting his act together, and promoter Mick Hennessy is confident his fight at the Odyssey will be an eliminator for the WBC world heavyweight title.

His boxing skills, particularly his jab, as well as his size and his warrior heart will make him match for most fighters out there today.

Plus he’s bringing big bouts to Ireland – which is good for everyone in the game.

In just his last two bouts, the undercards have meant action for Irish lads and locals Willie Casey, Joe Hillerby x 2, Willie Thompson, John O’Donnell, Darren Corbett, Michael Sweeney, Dee Walsh x 2, Tommy Tolan x 2, Marco McCullough, Paul Moffett, Ciaran Healy, Conall Carmichael, Moses Matovu, Paul Griffin, Michael McLaughlin, Gerard Healy, Levan Ghvamichava and Joe Rea.

Everybody got paid.

And Channel 5-backed Fury is hoping to bring more action to these shores.

He added: “I think this is going to be one of the biggest fights ever in Ireland, an eliminator for the world heavyweight title held by Vitali Klitschko.

“I’d like to bring the heavyweight championship back and maybe fight Wladimir at Croke Park.

“Or maybe if the Klitschkos have retired by the time I’m there, then I’d like to get David Price or one of them to fight for it at Croke Park.”
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
“I ain’t an English teacher – I’m a fighter.

“My family are not educated people. We’re Gypsies.”
he needs too print that on a tshirt and wear it too the ring
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict

vCash: 542

Cant wait for him to smash Price, all the spastics on here will be eating their words

WAR Fury!
brickfists is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
...unleashing a Twitter storm of anger on anyone who doubts him.
Dunno why but that line made me chuckle!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
ah,sure
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2075

Yeah me too, it's shite. And I wrote the ****er!
ah,sure is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
The Chosen
Bada Bing! Bada Boom!
ESB Senior Member

He blocked me for saying Price will knock him out lol
The Chosen is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
lost
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 300

I just hope the guy's ok. I know it's all publicity and that, but am I the only one who thinks maybe it's all getting on top of him a bit too much? He seems a bit unstable at times, look at how he broke down after the second mcdermott fight. Now with him going crazy with the training, lashing out on TV and twitter. I just think the pressure could be getting on top of him.
lost is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I have absolutely no beef with Tyson, I have enjoyed his fights so far a great deal and must say that there aren't many domestic fighters that can just about guarantee excitement every fight, regardless of the result.

I'm aware that he is technically flawed, at the moment, but he can be so exciting and he certainly doesn't lack charisma!

I like Pricey, its too early to say how good he is, he has looked very impressive at times so far and it is a long time since I have seen a heavyweight with his ability hit with such spitefulness.

I genuinely don't care who wins if they meet, I just want the best one to win, that will be the best result for British boxing.

I just worry about how all the silly Twitter rubbish is harming Tysons image; yes its funny for outsiders, and yes it is certainly helping promote a future fight between the two, but he is not making him self look good at all.

At the moment it very much is being structured as Pricey good guy and Fury bad guy; I have read and seen a lot on Tyson over the past few years and have all his fights bar one or two on DVD and just don't think the image he is portraying at the moment is anywhere near the truth.

I also find the racist and homophobic undertones to this situation distasteful and absolutley not the image the sport needs at this time.
Michael300 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum