Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan at 140 vs Naseem Hamed at 126

At World level he has the worst chin I've ever seen.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I wouldn't say that. He got hit by a hell of a counter shot from Garcia and still managed to beat the count. Granted there was only like 10 seconds left in the round after he got up, but still...

He's certainly not the most durable guy ever, but I don't think his punch resistance is THAT bad.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #18
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I think a lot are over estimating Hamed's power here. If they were the same weight,I would agree that Khan would get knocked out. But come on........................ !! With two prime boxers the weight difference would be signifigant.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
At World level he has the worst chin I've ever seen.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqC8AOr_Gl4[/ame]

Remember, Khan isn't even the worst chinned out there.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Remember, Khan isn't even the worst chinned out there.
Didn't bother to read the 'World level' part of my post.

If anyone wants to provide footage of a top 1,2,3 guy whose legs turn to jelly like Khan against even moderate punchers, I'm here.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #21
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Khan obliterates him.

A little guy getting ripped with the fast combo's from a bigger guy, when he has no special defense prowess, it's going to be bad.

I dunno that I'd pick a 126 pounder to pack the impact Khan is used to getting dropped by, but that is just me. Some of this game, despite all the romance and mysticism, does come down to physics.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #22
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Didn't bother to read the 'World level' part of my post.

If anyone wants to provide footage of a top 1,2,3 guy whose legs turn to jelly like Khan against even moderate punchers, I'm here.
I did bother, but I didn't care.

I do think you're right that Khan is the worst chinned out there that held a belt/is a contender.
(Wanted to make a joke about Wladimir or Lennox Lewis, but those are too overdone)
dyna is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
I think Khan obliterates him.

A little guy getting ripped with the fast combo's from a bigger guy, when he has no special defense prowess, it's going to be bad.

I dunno that I'd pick a 126 pounder to pack the impact Khan is used to getting dropped by, but that is just me. Some of this game, despite all the romance and mysticism, does come down to physics.
Hey, let me have my fantasy

But yeah; you're probably right. It's just the fact that a shopworn ex-130lber managed to drop Khan and hurt him to the body (Gomez) and as Naz was a World class puncher, never stopped and Khan also has no defence I'd for the benefit of the doubt to the more reliable fighting force.

There is no doubt Khan's speedy slaps would be perfect to drop Naz. Also perfectly setting Khan up to throw even crazier and formless flurries that would see him open to Naz's quick angle change and bombs.

More to do with a lack of faith in Khan's attributes than being sure of Naz's style, which was ropey to say the least.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
Brownies
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

My first answer was Khan, by TKO... but I changed my mind.

I can't see Hamed being overwhelmed by Khan's speed. Hamed had great reflexes (his whole game was built around that). The mix of height and speed could be a different problem for Hamed, but I think he'd be so superior to Khan mentally that it wouldn't matter.

Khan throws his flurries without thinking... very robot-like, while a guy like Hamed is a 100% there. He's looking at opportunities, setting traps, throwing from left and right. He'd catch Khan and I think his power at 126 was more than good enough to KO Khan at 140.
Brownies is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #25
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hey, let me have my fantasy

But yeah; you're probably right. It's just the fact that a shopworn ex-130lber managed to drop Khan and hurt him to the body (Gomez) and as Naz was a World class puncher, never stopped and Khan also has no defence I'd for the benefit of the doubt to the more reliable fighting force.

There is no doubt Khan's speedy slaps would be perfect to drop Naz. Also perfectly setting Khan up to throw even crazier and formless flurries that would see him open to Naz's quick angle change and bombs.

More to do with a lack of faith in Khan's attributes than being sure of Naz's style, which was ropey to say the least.
Amir Khan is a fine fighter, who gets an awful rap. He stood up to the worst of Marcos Maidana's bombs. Danny Garcia caught him with a perfect, beautiful left hook shot, and Amir got up and kept fighting, shipping major punishment and was stopped on his feet, still ready to fight on. Not saying it was a bad stoppage, but it certainly could have been allowed to go further, and Amir likely makes it out of the round.

Erik Morales has a great beard, and Danny knocked him the hell out with the same shot. Erik didn't even manage to get up and go down swinging.

Let's not start to give guys Amir would outweigh by nearly 30 pounds this ability to spark him. In his recent form, he's been stopped by a big puncher with terrific timing, and he's been wounded by a massive brute who throws with everything. Even Prescott was huge.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #26
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Khan as far as I know is not a massive light welter, despite his height. More an on-the-day welter.

I see what you're saying. I'll come to a compromise; Khan of the Kotelnik fight would outspeed Naz and say safe, although I will say I think Khan can only keep that composure (still a lot of flurries where the hands go increasingly lower with every punch) with a fighter that's straight up and not too dangerous.

But the top heavy Khan of 135 I'll take Hamed to beat up.

I do always say that, despite his poor punch resistance, Amir's balls are the biggest P4P in boxing. His heart is unreal.

The Prescott fight alarms me not the vicious blows that felled Amir, but for the first jab landed from Prescott that showed a visible change in his legs; they were gone, however briefly. Like a baby calf.

And against Garcia, the second knockdown was worrying. Just skimmed Amir.

His legs go to jelly when he's clipped, yeah he showed incredible resolve to get through the Maidana fight but he was running on fumes for two rounds, all over the shop.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #27
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

At 140?!! Khan brutalizes him. I'm amazed people can think otherwise.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #28
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Khan by 3rd round knockout. That is a lot of weight at the lower weights and Khan is quick.
MAG1965 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum