Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #106
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,029
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
Cano dominated! Paulie got the win due to boxing politics.. The same way Juan Diaz got the Victory in Texas... It's sad how fighters get cheated in boxing!
Even if one thinks Cano won, to say he "dominated" just makes your argument look weak and desperate. Don't know why so many posters say shit like this. If you have a valid point, you don't need to exaggerate or embelish.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #107
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Todorov UD Maywether
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

This thread is hilarious. It feels like watching an Angel Garcia interview...
Leonit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #108
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,369
vCash: 9653
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Even if one thinks Cano won, to say he "dominated" just makes your argument look weak and desperate. Don't know why so many posters say shit like this. If you have a valid point, you don't need to exaggerate or embelish.
I watched the fight and I felt Cano won 8 or 9 rounds and got a brutal knock down in the 11th round.. The fact that Paulie won is absurd! Im expressing my thoughts on a boxing forum about a boxing match. Im sorry you feel different.. I suggest you go watch the bout again and pay close attention.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #109
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,029
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
I watched the fight and I felt Cano won 8 or 9 rounds and got a brutal knock down in the 11th round.. The fact that Paulie won is absurd! Im expressing my thought on a boxing forum about a boxing match. Im sorry you feel different.. I suggest you go watch the bout again and pay close attention.
I guess if you give Cano the benefit of the doubt on all close rounds, then I can see that. But you have to admit there were close rounds. Maybe you can take your own advice as well...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #110
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

I don't see how someone could possibly give Paulie more than 4 rounds and even that's pushing it.
devon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #111
manex
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Can be summed up in two words … “hometown decision.”

Not the first of its kind… nor will it be the last.

It is what it is!

We may not like it but the “hometown decision” would seem to be systemic to professional boxing.

Last edited by manex; 10-21-2012 at 11:01 PM.
manex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #112
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,369
vCash: 9653
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
I thought Cano won the fight. It was a good fight, probably the best of the night, solid and consistent action through out. There were some close rounds, but even with those, and then factoring in Cano had Paulie hurt all night to the body and leveled him in the 11th, Cano clearly won the fight to me. I can see it being close, but still a clear Cano win. 114-113 in Cano's favor would have been as close as I can see, and that would be giving Paulie the nod in all the close rounds. I didn't feel any of the judges had it right.
Cano however looks like he gets really fat in between fights and has paper skin. I'm not sure what that will mean for him going forward, but he is a solid young fighter I'd like to see more of, I think he deserves another shot on Showtime at some point.

Alot of valid points!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #113
Mega Lamps
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 730
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

It was a better than expected fight for sure, but it was also close and could've gone either way in most people's eyes. I certainly would not use the word disgusted unless I was talking of the 118-109 card for Cano.

And Cano cheated on the scales so the support for him is rather surprising; I believe it has to do with the fact that he was an underdog that survived with a bad cut and made the fight competitive. I understand that some people may be upset that he lost after a gutsy performance but he did. No robbery, no disgust.
Mega Lamps is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #114
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,369
vCash: 9653
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I guess if you give Cano the benefit of the doubt on all close rounds, then I can see that. But you have to admit there were close rounds. Maybe you can take your own advice as well...
Im a fairly rational person.. I will watch it again and post about it tomorrow.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #115
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,029
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
Im a fairly rational person.. I will watch it again and post about it tomorrow.
I deleted my recording already, otherwise I would too. I usually watch fights a few times before making conclusion on outcomes. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I came to the conclusion you did. I'm sure it'll be on again, or that I can find it.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #116
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

i had malignaggi by 3 points when i scored it today. i scored the Quillin vs N'dam fight live, but don't like doing that because i just want to relax and watch the fight. so i didn't score the paulie fight, i just went with my impression, which was that he won it wide. now that i've scored it properly, i still have paulie winning, but not as wide as i first thought. still, it's not a robbery as it's a pretty clear win on my card.

i did the same thing in the mosley vs de la hoya 2 fight, i went with my impression which was an oscar win, but was pretty shocked when i scored the fight properly and came back with a win for mosley by 1 point.
assasin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #117
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,369
vCash: 9653
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
i had malignaggi by 3 points when i scored it today. i scored the Quillin vs N'dam fight live, but don't like doing that because i just want to relax and watch the fight. so i didn't score the paulie fight, i just went with my impression, which was that he won it wide. now that i've scored it properly, i still have paulie winning, but not as wide as i first thought. still, it's not a robbery as it's a pretty clear win on my card.

i did the same thing in the mosley vs de la hoya 2 fight, i went with my impression which was an oscar win, but was pretty shocked when i scored the fight properly and came back with a win for mosley by 1 point.

slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #118
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
sorry if my ability to score fights isn't up to your stupid brain dead standards.

most can't score a fight for shit on here... it seems you're one of them.
assasin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #119
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,369
vCash: 9653
Default Re: ***Who else was disgusted with the Malignaggi-Cano decision?***

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
sorry if my ability to score fights isn't up to your stupid brain dead standards.

most can't score a fight for shit on here... it seems you're one of them.
You just scored a fight for the guy that got out landed, out bombed, out everything! This is not the time to state how good of a scorer you are you ****ing douche!!


Ex: I scored the Abril-Rios fight clearly for Rios... He was the guy that tried to initiate all the action... Im such a good judge... Pat me on the back! Durrrrrrrr Durrrrrrrr
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013