sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Daniel geale holds all the aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
its not your opinion at all boofhead.

anthony has made those comments many times and you got sucked in.

again, it makes anthony sleep better at night, that's all.

Its not my opinion? i got sucked in? ok mr assumption
sparta is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #47
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Boxrec rankings are dire.
Sure, but they have Geale in the right spot.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #48
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourya View Post
he will stop geale?
when was the last time he stopped anyone worth of note? mmm

geale will outwork mundine, just watch mundine's last few fights, he is not able to fight at a higher pace and has never been able to do it. Hes getting older and clumsier and he will lose!
Yes i think mundine will stop him, styles make fights, u cant compare mundines recent fights or geales recent fights. choc wont be scared of getting kod, as a result i think he will be more aggressive.

he will be fighting with less foot movement than in the past due to a combination of trying to conserve energy & slowing up a little, which in turn will allow him to sit on his punches more, this combined with mundines speed, accuracy and geales ability to be dropped is why i think choc will get the stoppage. Choc also doesnt need to make 154, he will be STRONG.
sparta is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #49
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
I would like to know how many of Sturms fights you have actually seen seeing as though you mentioned the Dela Hoya fight from years gone by? A Dela Hoya who was fat, past his prime and out of his division. If Sturm had anything more than just his good jab that night he would have smoked Oscar badly.

I will tone down the ordinary bit but he was never seen as an elite, i couldnt imagine what Hopkins would have done to him if they ever met

Sturm = Poor Mans Winky Wright
I watched it. I know it was Oscar's first time at 160 and he looked flat. Still, up until then who ever gave Oscar a fight like that?

Are you a Mayweather fan? Isn't DLH pretty much the biggest victory on his resume? A narrow as hell SD eked out 3 years LATER?

I'm no big Sturm fan. But if we had an Aussie with his record we'd recognise him as our best
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #50
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Hi Sparta

Teke hasn't answered me to how Sturm who has spent nigh on ten years with world title belts arounds his waist and was very unlucky in most peoples opinions to lose to ODH close to Oscar's prime is 'ordinary'.

You agreed with him.

Cause I'm just thinking that a legitimate two time world champion with that kind of longevity is ordinary then by extension there are a heap of less than ordinary boxers being discussed in this particular forum.
Hey duke, just think sturm is not the same fighter today as he was back then, also think delahoya didnt have the hunger for that one, looked out of shape. Also think geales great perfomance against sturm wont give us a good indication of how choc v geale 2 will pan out due to styles, the only gauge we got i think is choc v geale 1 and the choc solomon fights maybe.

cheers
sparta is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #51
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post
Hey duke, just think sturm is not the same fighter today as he was back then, also think delahoya didnt have the hunger for that one, looked out of shape. Also think geales great perfomance against sturm wont give us a good indication of how choc v geale 2 will pan out due to styles, the only gauge we got i think is choc v geale 1 and the choc solomon fights maybe.

cheers
Thanks.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #52
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Sure, but they have Geale in the right spot.
You must have copied it wrongly then, Geale (who lost to Mundine) was above Mundine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post
Yes i think mundine will stop him, styles make fights, u cant compare mundines recent fights or geales recent fights. choc wont be scared of getting kod, as a result i think he will be more aggressive.

he will be fighting with less foot movement than in the past due to a combination of trying to conserve energy & slowing up a little, which in turn will allow him to sit on his punches more, this combined with mundines speed, accuracy and geales ability to be dropped is why i think choc will get the stoppage. Choc also doesnt need to make 154, he will be STRONG.
Good post mate.

Quote:
I watched it. I know it was Oscar's first time at 160 and he looked flat. Still, up until then who ever gave Oscar a fight like that?

Are you a Mayweather fan? Isn't DLH pretty much the biggest victory on his resume? A narrow as hell SD eked out 3 years LATER?

I'm no big Sturm fan. But if we had an Aussie with his record we'd recognise him as our best
Oscar was fat as ****, the Sturm fight wasn't the huge robbery that everyone made out either.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #53
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

only way mundine will win is with a lucky punch
bluey is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #54
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:

Who gave Oscar a fight like that before Sturm? - Mosley, Quartey, Trinidad but they fought a ODH at his best which is a far cry from the ODH who fought Sturm

Back on Topic...

Close to a decade after the ODH (v Felix fight) Geale beats Sturm via SD, imo this doesnt suggest he has come on leaps and bounds since the Choc fight 3 years earlier, he really should have wiped the floor with him - that's why i wouldnt be gauging the outcome on this fight on the Sturm form, you'd be better gauging it on Mundines declining form which most ppl are anyway.

Sturms record is alright for a stay at home Euro fighter
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #55
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Who gave Oscar a fight like that before Sturm? - Mosley, Quartey, Trinidad but they fought a ODH at his best which is a far cry from the ODH who fought Sturm

Back on Topic...

Close to a decade after the ODH (v Felix fight) Geale beats Sturm via SD, imo this doesnt suggest he has come on leaps and bounds since the Choc fight 3 years earlier, he really should have wiped the floor with him - that's why i wouldnt be gauging the outcome on this fight on the Sturm form, you'd be better gauging it on Mundines declining form which most ppl are anyway.

Sturms record is alright for a stay at home Euro fighter
My problem is with the word 'ordinary'.

Mosley, Trinidad, Quartey, Hopkins, Mayweather, Pacquaio

Not bad company for someone 'ordinary'.

And yes if you could have simply said that Sturm is well past prime but he did hang on and defend the WBA belt for 5 years which is about 4 years longer than Green or Mundine have managed to hold onto any of the trinkets they acquired.

I never called Sturm an ATG but he's had a career that topic number 1 and topic number 2 in the Aussie forum could only have dreamed of.

That is all
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #56
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
My problem is with the word 'ordinary'.

Mosley, Trinidad, Quartey, Hopkins, Mayweather, Pacquaio

Not bad company for someone 'ordinary'.

And yes if you could have simply said that Sturm is well past prime but he did hang on and defend the WBA belt for 5 years which is about 4 years longer than Green or Mundine have managed to hold onto any of the trinkets they acquired.

I never called Sturm an ATG but he's had a career that topic number 1 and topic number 2 in the Aussie forum could only have dreamed of.

That is all
I called him ordinary by the way he fights and who has fought in those 5 stellar years which aint too much diff to Choc and Greens resume, both would have belted the piss out of him at the time

Comparing ODH vs the greats to the one vs Sturm is a joke.
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #57
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
I called him ordinary by the way he fights and who has fought in those 5 stellar years which aint too much diff to Choc and Greens resume, both would have belted the piss out of him at the time

Comparing ODH vs the greats to the one vs Sturm is a joke.
I disagree. You're talking like Oscar was completely shot. Shot fighters don't come back to fight the best p4per in the world and beat him in some folks eyes. He was never big enough for middleweight but his skills were still there.

Once again I ask what performance do you base Mundine or Green's ability to flog Sturm?

They have two careers worth to choose from. Which ones are you picking?

It's a joke based on their careers to pick them to beat any established overseas champions. You're smarter than that
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #58
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
I disagree. You're talking like Oscar was completely shot. Shot fighters don't come back to fight the best p4per in the world and beat him in some folks eyes. He was never big enough for middleweight but his skills were still there.

Once again I ask what performance do you base Mundine or Green's ability to flog Sturm?

They have two careers worth to choose from. Which ones are you picking?

It's a joke based on their careers to pick them to beat any established overseas champions. You're smarter than that
Oscar wasnt shot, he was past his best but he wasnt only flat in that fight, he was FAT, out of condition and out of his division and waiting for the final bell so he could give Hopkins a payday in his next fight

The Mundine that fought Green or Soliman are 2 clear performances that would have smoked Sturm or i could go the obvious way and say Geale and I cant even believe you asked me to give examples as you already know Sturm would get bashed. Green KO's him, too big too strong, you credit Sturm for fighting a fat midget you gotta credit GReen for KO'ing all time great RJJ, Paul Briggs

Keep disagreeing

Last edited by teke; 10-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #59
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Oscar wasnt shot, he was past his best but he wasnt only flat in that fight, he was FAT, out of condition and out of his division and waiting for the final bell so he could give Hopkins a payday in his next fight

The Mundine that fought Green or Soliman 2 are 2 clear performances that would have smoked Sturm and I cant even believe you asked me to give examples as you already know Sturm would get bashed. Green KO's him, too big too strong, you credit Sturm for fighting a fat midget you gotta credit GReen for KO'ing all time great RJJ, Paul Briggs

Keep disagreeing
i will but i'll have to keep it to myself. If you think the absolute shells that were briggs and jones are anything like 04/05 overweight oscar......
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #60
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
i will but i'll have to keep it to myself. If you think the absolute shells that were briggs and jones are anything like 04/05 overweight oscar......
Im not being a smarty pants but I think you know the best Mundine and Green would beat the best Sturm

...and then Choc goes and gets KTFO by Geale in Jan shutting teke the **** up
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum