Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Somrak wants to fight Buakaw!!

It seems Somrak plans on having a few more fights:

Quote:
After his triumphant return to the ring on the 4th of October Olympic hero Somrak Khamsing gave his thoughts on any future fights, including his desire to fight Muaythai superstar Buakao Por Pramuk.

At a press conference to announce the up coming Channel 7 tournament, Somrak answered a few questions about any plans to fight on after beating Yodwanpadet decisively. Somrak said he wants to fight Buakao Por Pramuk and would put up several million baht in a side bet between the two. Somrak stated he wasnt just saying it to promote himself, but wants the fight, he also stated that he has never been too impressed with Buakao’s skills as a Muaythai fighter and that he only fights weak, inexperienced foreign boxers.

Regarding the proposed fight with Khem Sitsongpeenong. Somrak stated he knew that promoters had contacted Khem’s team and they had agreed to the fight, but Somrak said he knew himself what his condition was though and would need at least one if not two warm up fights first, stating he saw Khem as a tougher prospect than Buakao.

Somrak’s backer former Deputy Prime minister Somsak Thepsuthin said that Somrak needs some more time to get in better shape and stated that he has instructed Kiatpet promotions to try to find some suitable opponents as warm ups for Somrak.

Mr Pirapong Thiradetpong also known as Chun Kiatpet, the head of Kiatpet promotions said that they have contacted Former Lumpini and Ratchadamnern champion Jomhod Kiatadisak as a possible opponent for Somrak and are waiting confirmation from Jomhod.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
yaca you is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 116
Default Re: Somrak wants to fight Buakaw!!

He and Van Damme never got around to fighting each other, which was probably a good thing for JCVD Huge fan wouldn't want to see him get hurt.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
He and Van Damme never got around to fighting each other, which was probably a good thing for JCVD Huge fan wouldn't want to see him get hurt.
Somrak would have beaten Jean Claude van Damme but I dont think he will beat Buakaw or Khem. Would love to see how far Somrak comeback career can go. One of my favorite fighters.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
Perhaps you didn't see the documentary on secret fighting competitions in Hong Kong where none other than JCVD defeated a Muay Thai fighter using the ninja skills taught to him by a secret Grandmaster. Of course, JCVD modestly used the name Frank Dux to give him the credit for his win:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDJOqokZt0g[/ame]
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Somluck would win
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #6
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Where you at Boran?!!?

Anyway, here's Somluck winning Olympic Gold at Atlanta

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQU7YaTtgM[/ame]
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Where you at Boran?!!?

Anyway, here's Somluck winning Olympic Gold at Atlanta

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Wow. I never could find the complete vid, good job of tracking it down flea. Somrak was in control from the opening bell, makes you wonder how he would have done against Mayweather. Based on their performances against Todorov clearly Somrak was more impressive than mayweather whatever thats worth.... thanks alot for posting this vid.

Who is that in your av Flea?
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

That's a young Samart

And at that point I have no doubt Somrak would've beaten Floyd. He had hit a tremendous run of form by the looks of it, for all the controversy about Floyd-Todorov you're right that Khamsing dealt with him better.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

The guy could've been the first olympic gold medalist and professional boxing champ from southeast Asia.

But he threw years of his life away from combat.

Good to see him back, but he chose Muay, not western boxing.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

He spent years of his life dedicated to fighting though, taking on all comers in Muay Thai and looking incredible. The Olympics was the high, after that he deserved to party.

I do think he should've turned over, but he'd fought professionally before (and after) and secured an incredible achievement in amateur boxing, historically difficult for Thai's (believe their best beforehand was Payao Poontarat's bronze in '80)
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

The thread title should read:

"Ageing Playboy ATG Fighter Seeks Giant Golden Parachute"

No seriously, I hear the Kem fight is definetly on....

& Somluck had no great love for boxing, it was a veichle at the time. His heart has always been firmly in the Muay Thai camp......

How do ya reckon Somluck would have done in the Pro ranks fellas?
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
The thread title should read:

"Ageing Playboy ATG Fighter Seeks Giant Golden Parachute"

No seriously, I hear the Kem fight is definetly on....

& Somluck had no great love for boxing, it was a veichle at the time. His heart has always been firmly in the Muay Thai camp......

How do ya reckon Somluck would have done in the Pro ranks fellas?
Okay, so he turned pro after 1996 olympics.

Supposed he got by the preliminary ranks sooner than expected, like less than 10 fights in. That's after probably 2 years.

Alright, so he's into title contention by 1998.

The champs at that time were Freddie Norwood (WBA), Manuel Medina (IBF) and Luisito Espinosa (WBC).

I think he can forget the WBA and WBC. His best chance is against Manuel Medina who is a bit inconsistent at times.

And honestly the IBF roster at that time was relatively weak.

IMO, he'll get beat by Espinosa, Norwood, Hamed, Gainer and Marquez. Not to mention Morales and Barrera yet to move up at 126.

Somluck can win a title, but I don't think he'll keep it long as well. Not to mention that his heart isn't into boxing as it should.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #13
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Okay, so he turned pro after 1996 olympics.

Supposed he got by the preliminary ranks sooner than expected, like less than 10 fights in. That's after probably 2 years.

Alright, so he's into title contention by 1998.

The champs at that time were Freddie Norwood (WBA), Manuel Medina (IBF) and Luisito Espinosa (WBC).

I think he can forget the WBA and WBC. His best chance is against Manuel Medina who is a bit inconsistent at times.

And honestly the IBF roster at that time was relatively weak.

IMO, he'll get beat by Espinosa, Norwood, Hamed, Gainer and Marquez. Not to mention Morales and Barrera yet to move up at 126.

Somluck can win a title, but I don't think he'll keep it long as well. Not to mention that his heart isn't into boxing as it should.
Interesting take Sugar.

I'd be interested to hear what the mighty Flea has to say about it.

One thing about Somluck, yep I'd say his heart never left the MT world, but as a pure natural fighter in the mould of Samart his fighting heart can never be questioned wheter it be boxing or MT, whatever style or rules Somluck would always give anyone the toughest fight of thier career.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 AM   #14
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Interesting take Sugar.

I'd be interested to hear what the mighty Flea has to say about it.

One thing about Somluck, yep I'd say his heart never left the MT world, but as a pure natural fighter in the mould of Samart his fighting heart can never be questioned wheter it be boxing or MT, whatever style or rules Somluck would always give anyone the toughest fight of thier career.
I really do personally wanted him to be a pro back then. He'd be the first Southeast Asian, (not sure if Asian as well) to be a gold medalist and a pro world champion.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Looks like after being linked to Kem, Buakaw, Pacman and everyone else inbetween , over confident and all boyed up Somluck will actually be taking on fellow vetran Jomhod on the big Lumpinee B-Day bash.

This may acytually turn out to be a good fight......
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum