GSP 14 70.00%
Condit 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109
Default Re: Who do you have in the GSP/Condit fight?

GSP via hump.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

When was the last time GSP fought anybody with an aggressive game from their back? I'm not just talking looking for sweeps and submissions, which Condit also does regularly, but also throwing elbows and punches constantly. GSP is going to have to work if he is on top of Condit. He's going to have to work if he is standing with Condit.

This will be the best GSP fight in years.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #18
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
When was the last time GSP fought anybody with an aggressive game from their back? I'm not just talking looking for sweeps and submissions, which Condit also does regularly, but also throwing elbows and punches constantly. GSP is going to have to work if he is on top of Condit. He's going to have to work if he is standing with Condit.

This will be the best GSP fight in years.
Who has Condit utilized his aggressive guard and ground game against?

GSP is THE BEST at controlling a guy from the top in the sport, period. He has COMPLETELY dominated every single person he has ever gone to the ground with. Exception Hughes I and Penn I. Those were a long time ago.

You have to consider who the opposition is. He won't be as aggressive against GSP as he is others off his back, because GSP will not allow him to be and keep him in uncomfortable positions and under threat. It's simple.

If Condit can't keep it standing, Condit is going to lose easily.

And also, GSP hasn't fought many people who are known for their guards, because he has fought the very best. The fighters who rarely get put on their backs in other fights (Fitch, Kos, Hughes, Penn, Silva..) But that does not mean those fighters aren't as good as Carlos on the ground.

Penn has better Jits then Carlos and a better ground game and he looked helpless in the 2nd fight off his back.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Who has Condit utilized his aggressive guard and ground game against?

GSP is THE BEST at controlling a guy from the top in the sport, period. He has COMPLETELY dominated every single person he has ever gone to the ground with. Exception Hughes I and Penn I. Those were a long time ago.

You have to consider who the opposition is. He won't be as aggressive against GSP as he is others off his back, because GSP will not allow him to be and keep him in uncomfortable positions and under threat. It's simple.

If Condit can't keep it standing, Condit is going to lose easily.
He has dominated everyone he has gotten down, yes. But, pretty much everyone he has faced has been a non thread from their guard. Their main goal is to wait for an opening and get back to their feet. The only exceptions that I can think of are Serra and Penn, but they are both much smaller men than GSP and Condit, and neither utilize the elbows like Condit does.

All I'm saying is that he isn't going to be able to control him as easily as a guy like Hardy or Alves, and I doubt that GSP will be looking to use his stand up too much in this one. Condit will always be working, and he is one of the few guys that seems to improve as a fight progresses, so he is never out of it even if he is down 4 rounds.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
He has dominated everyone he has gotten down, yes. But, pretty much everyone he has faced has been a non thread from their guard. Their main goal is to wait for an opening and get back to their feet. The only exceptions that I can think of are Serra and Penn, but they are both much smaller men than GSP and Condit, and neither utilize the elbows like Condit does.

All I'm saying is that he isn't going to be able to control him as easily as a guy like Hardy or Alves, and I doubt that GSP will be looking to use his stand up too much in this one. Condit will always be working, and he is one of the few guys that seems to improve as a fight progresses, so he is never out of it even if he is down 4 rounds.
I agree. It may get interesting. GSP may be extra careful on the feet given the layoff and Carlos's striking. Will be interesting to see if Condit's cardio holds up with GSP on top of him though, that is alot of strength to hold off.

I think we're going to see a fired up GSP hit that octagon, and think Condit will get beaten then submitted. Maybe it's wishful thinking though. (Nothing against Condit. Just want GSP back!)
Old 10-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

If Condit loses, a Condit/E. Silva fight would be insane!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

GSP, TKO2 in an impressive performance.....in one of his recent interview he looked really excited to fight.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I fully expect GSP to win, but I think that Condit will bring the best out in him, and that it is easily his most interesting fight since Penn II.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Hey Rob, a bit off-topic here, but let me ask this......how popular is GSP in Canada ?? Because I just heard that he is the most famous sportman in Canada ? Is that true ?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #25
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Hey Rob, a bit off-topic here, but let me ask this......how popular is GSP in Canada ?? Because I just heard that he is the most famous sportman in Canada ? Is that true ?
He is definitely popular, but I doubt he is more popular than guys like Sydney Crosby, or Steve Nash. I live about as far away from Montreal as possible, and I am sure that he is much more popular over there than he is here.

Dana likes to say that GSP is the most popular athlete in Canadian sports history, but no, Wayne Gretzky is.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #26
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

I guess it is like here then, a guy like Anderson is definitely popular but there is no doubt that Neymar for example, is more popular.
Actually I would say Felipe Massa is as popular as Anderson, on average...to the regular citizen....
Old 10-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #27
beefman180
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Condit has the skills to hurt GSP and make him move in every position, something no other opponent of his can say.

We've seen how GSP's face wears damage in BJ 1 and the Shields fight, Condit will damage him like none of his other opponents have been able to do, and over 25 minutes I see GSP wilting.
beefman180 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #28
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeGlassedMe View Post
GSP via hump.
That's actually quite funny.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
That's actually quite funny.
GSP humps are no laughing matter

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum