Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 797
vCash: 742
Default USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
cheech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

1. As always, **** the AIBA.
2. And also USA Boxing.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

It's a joke, so every amateur gym in the US will be forced to temporally close as they won't have insurance.

If USA Boxing wasn't destroyed before, it certainly is now
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 903
vCash: 675
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12



What a mess with Adonis. I don't know details, but some board members still voted to keep him active..? Surely they must have a good reason
JDK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Dodge, IA USA
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

Wow..."****in polotics man." ( quoted from PLATOON.)
noobboxer_88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Dodge, IA USA
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
1. As always, **** the AIBA.
2. And also USA Boxing.
you forgot to add "That is all."
noobboxer_88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK View Post


What a mess with Adonis. I don't know details, but some board members still voted to keep him active..? Surely they must have a good reason


He made comments in an interview that basically sounded like he wasn't supportive of women's boxing, and then USA Boxing didn't distance themselves quickly enough and like 2-3 people voted to keep him as President for some reason. USA Boxing is a shitshow, the best thing that could happen at this point is for the USOC to suspend USA Boxing's elected leadership and take direct control of the organization.
Kolya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
He made comments in an interview that basically sounded like he wasn't supportive of women's boxing, and then USA Boxing didn't distance themselves quickly enough and like 2-3 people voted to keep him as President for some reason. USA Boxing is a shitshow, the best thing that could happen at this point is for the USOC to suspend USA Boxing's elected leadership and take direct control of the organization.
I vote they suspend our leadership and replace them with Ukranians or something.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
I vote they suspend our leadership and replace them with Ukranians or something.
Well, they did finally hire a Cuban coach, that could be a start.
Kolya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

I can see boxing being taken outta the Olympic Games, last games there was too many complaints about officiating & you can't just freeze a powerhouse like the USA out of a major sport.

Aiba will regret this I hope the WBC step in & take control of am boxing
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: USA boxing suspended for three months 10.25.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
I can see boxing being taken outta the Olympic Games, last games there was too many complaints about officiating & you can't just freeze a powerhouse like the USA out of a major sport.

Aiba will regret this I hope the WBC step in & take control of am boxing

In what world is the USA a powerhouse in amateur boxing? Yeha, Jose Sulaiman is exactly who we want running amateur boxing.

Anyway, the suspension was revoked by AIBA after USA Boxing appealed, there's still more stuff coming with USAB's governance though from the USOC.
Kolya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013