boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #31
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653
Default Re: Paulie malignaggi has been mighty quiet since his gift...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is Paulie talkin **** on this radio show just for you.................Freddy

Thank me later.

Malinaggi explaining why he won.......at about the 65:00 minute mark

He says that Cano was bleeding from every orifice and that the compubox button pushers are re****s

What a delusional ********!! Cano almost Knocked this clown out cold in the 11th..
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #32
josjbp23
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I find it impossible that anyone would believe that Malignaggi won this fight or even that it was close. Cano won 8-9 rds easily plus the knockdown.

Just look at the punch stats, 647 of Malignaggi's punches were jabs! He threw 826 punches, so over 80% of his punches were weak jabs and he only landed 26% of his jabs. How can anyone give him rds for just throwing jabs, especially his kind of jab, its a weak, flicker of a jab. It has no power in which one could say its a clear hard landed shot. Its not used to set up any power punches or combinations. He just throws it because he has no other punch in his ****nal.

When people claim there were close rds and they gave them to Paulie. Well you have to ask yourself how do you judge the close rd? Usually you give it to the aggressor who landed the harder,cleaner shots. How can you justify giving Paulie the close rds based on his flickering jab? He did not land any power shots or combinations in order to get a nod for any close rds, and he was obviously not the aggressor nor was he dictating the pace of the fight. So judging the close rds, they easily should of gone to Cano.

Again the punch stats, Paulie throws 826 punches, well over 80% were jabs. He only threw 157 power shots and even more pathetic he landed only 57 power shots. He landed only 57 power shots out of a total of 826 thrown punches! That's pathetic. Cano's jab was more effective and it showed, even though Paulie landed more jabs, Cano landed a higher % of jabs and there effects were noticeable when he landed them compared to Paulie's. For God's sake Cano landed 44% of his power shots!, he doubled Paulie's power shot output! he landed a much higher % of overall punches than Paulie, 35% compared to a paultry 26% for Paulie.

Again if Paulie landed a Miguel Cotto type jab this would be a different story, but his weak jab is not effective and he should not be given close rds

But again for anyone to have Paulie winning this fight whether it be by 1 point or several points it either shows your bias or your ignorance about boxing. Those who gave the fight to Paulie are basically saying he won this fight with his meek jab. And when you see the punch stats, reality sets in and the truth is revealed, Cano won this fight clearly!

As for comparisions to the Diaz fight. There is no comparison. Te Diaz fight was closer. First, Diaz was the aggressor the whole night, he threw many more power punches. And again I don't think Paulie was robbed in that fight. That fight was actually a close fight. The reason why Paulie was not robbed is because his offense is not good enough! His offense in all his fights is 80% jabs. Not a strong effective jab that when it lands its noticeable, not a jab that sets up combinations, not a jab that sets up power shots, buts its a reflective, habitual jab that he uses because he has no other offensive weapons in his ****nal. Its meek, its weak, its a flickering jab that does little to bother his opponent or upset his opponents offense and he wants way too much credit for using such a jab. Take away Paulie's weak jab and he is left with nothing. His boxing ability is weak , he circles trying desperately to keep the opponent off him. He does not dictate the pace with his jab, he does not control the fight with his jab. Its is just a pathetic jab. This is the reason why I don't think he was robbed against Diaz. Simply put Diaz tried harder to make the fight. Compare his jab and his boxing effectiveness to say Pernell Whitaker, you will see how a boxer is supposed to use the jab, circle and counter effectively while using the jab to set up his punches and deal with an aggressive fighter. Paulie can't do these things. Its just flickering jab after flickering jab and I can't give a guy a fight based on this kind of jab. So he was not robbed against Diaz because of his pathetic offense.

Worse of all he talks as if he is a great fighter! Remember he is the fighter who cared more about his hair style in a fight than the fight itself He is nowhere close to being a great fighter and the things he says are beyond reality. For example when Buddy Mcgirt stopped the Hatton fight. It was obvious Paulie was taking a lot of punishment and his body language was saying "stop the fight", he was turning away, looking towards his corner and the ref, but once Buddy did stop the fight he became dellusional, saying the fight should not of been stopped, he was in the fight, etc.,etc. The guy is just full of ****. In the Cano fight claiming the compubox #'s were a lie, what bull****!

Once again, Showtime's bad choice of boxing commentators. They are once again going to use Paulie as a commentator. Why? After his embarrassing display regarding the hair cut in his corner during a fight, to his outlandish unrealistic comments regarding the Cano fight and other fights. His 1st performance was just not that good. What is Showtimes obsession with using mid level fighters as commentators. In such a role you want to use someone that is very well known and actually good at commentating. Why not use a fighter like Bernard Hopkins. I just do not understand the use of Paulie, Trout, or Johnson. They are just oddball choices.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
josjbp23 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #33
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by josjbp23 View Post
I find it impossible that anyone would believe that Malignaggi won this fight or even that it was close. Cano won 8-9 rds easily plus the knockdown.

Just look at the punch stats, 647 of Malignaggi's punches were jabs! He threw 826 punches, so over 80% of his punches were weak jabs and he only landed 26% of his jabs. How can anyone give him rds for just throwing jabs, especially his kind of jab, its a weak, flicker of a jab. It has no power in which one could say its a clear hard landed shot. Its not used to set up any power punches or combinations. He just throws it because he has no other punch in his ****nal.

When people claim there were close rds and they gave them to Paulie. Well you have to ask yourself how do you judge the close rd? Usually you give it to the aggressor who landed the harder,cleaner shots. How can you justify giving Paulie the close rds based on his flickering jab? He did not land any power shots or combinations in order to get a nod for any close rds, and he was obviously not the aggressor nor was he dictating the pace of the fight. So judging the close rds, they easily should of gone to Cano.

Again the punch stats, Paulie throws 826 punches, well over 80% were jabs. He only threw 157 power shots and even more pathetic he landed only 57 power shots. He landed only 57 power shots out of a total of 826 thrown punches! That's pathetic. Cano's jab was more effective and it showed, even though Paulie landed more jabs, Cano landed a higher % of jabs and there effects were noticeable when he landed them compared to Paulie's. For God's sake Cano landed 44% of his power shots!, he doubled Paulie's power shot output! he landed a much higher % of overall punches than Paulie, 35% compared to a paultry 26% for Paulie.

Again if Paulie landed a Miguel Cotto type jab this would be a different story, but his weak jab is not effective and he should not be given close rds

But again for anyone to have Paulie winning this fight whether it be by 1 point or several points it either shows your bias or your ignorance about boxing. Those who gave the fight to Paulie are basically saying he won this fight with his meek jab. And when you see the punch stats, reality sets in and the truth is revealed, Cano won this fight clearly!

As for comparisions to the Diaz fight. There is no comparison. Te Diaz fight was closer. First, Diaz was the aggressor the whole night, he threw many more power punches. And again I don't think Paulie was robbed in that fight. That fight was actually a close fight. The reason why Paulie was not robbed is because his offense is not good enough! His offense in all his fights is 80% jabs. Not a strong effective jab that when it lands its noticeable, not a jab that sets up combinations, not a jab that sets up power shots, buts its a reflective, habitual jab that he uses because he has no other offensive weapons in his ****nal. Its meek, its weak, its a flickering jab that does little to bother his opponent or upset his opponents offense and he wants way too much credit for using such a jab. Take away Paulie's weak jab and he is left with nothing. His boxing ability is weak , he circles trying desperately to keep the opponent off him. He does not dictate the pace with his jab, he does not control the fight with his jab. Its is just a pathetic jab. This is the reason why I don't think he was robbed against Diaz. Simply put Diaz tried harder to make the fight. Compare his jab and his boxing effectiveness to say Pernell Whitaker, you will see how a boxer is supposed to use the jab, circle and counter effectively while using the jab to set up his punches and deal with an aggressive fighter. Paulie can't do these things. Its just flickering jab after flickering jab and I can't give a guy a fight based on this kind of jab. So he was not robbed against Diaz because of his pathetic offense.

Worse of all he talks as if he is a great fighter! Remember he is the fighter who cared more about his hair style in a fight than the fight itself He is nowhere close to being a great fighter and the things he says are beyond reality. For example when Buddy Mcgirt stopped the Hatton fight. It was obvious Paulie was taking a lot of punishment and his body language was saying "stop the fight", he was turning away, looking towards his corner and the ref, but once Buddy did stop the fight he became dellusional, saying the fight should not of been stopped, he was in the fight, etc.,etc. The guy is just full of ****. In the Cano fight claiming the compubox #'s were a lie, what bull****!

Once again, Showtime's bad choice of boxing commentators. They are once again going to use Paulie as a commentator. Why? After his embarrassing display regarding the hair cut in his corner during a fight, to his outlandish unrealistic comments regarding the Cano fight and other fights. His 1st performance was just not that good. What is Showtimes obsession with using mid level fighters as commentators. In such a role you want to use someone that is very well known and actually good at commentating. Why not use a fighter like Bernard Hopkins. I just do not understand the use of Paulie, Trout, or Johnson. They are just oddball choices.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
wow........i ain't got that type of time son
bronx is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #34
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

Did anybody else notice the non-cheers when SHO was basically saying the house was going to go through the roof when Paulie stepped out. Brooklyn didnt seem behind Paulie. The boos at the end were louder than any cheers in the fight.
markq is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #35
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Apparently because Cano cheated on the scales any win his might have had is meaningless
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #36
The Mangler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

See if Cano can make weight and grant him a rematch if he can.
The Mangler is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #37
josjbp23
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
wow........i ain't got that type of time son
or maybe its because you have the attention span of a 2yr old and the reading level of a 3rd grader.
josjbp23 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #38
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

The crux of Paulie's crying was the 118-110 card in the Diaz fight. That's a robbery in the sense he wasn't even giving a fair chance.

I thought Paulie lost against Cano by the way.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #39
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He has been quiet hasnt he, well that happens when you eat a great big **** burger and come out lucky with your hand raised

I didnt score it but was very shocked to see the wide card for him considering he was down and clearly lost at least another round

i dont think the weight had a factor in the fight, Cano moved up vs a guy who had already been at the weight and is leagues more experienced

i thought it was close wasnt sure who was gonna win, deep down i felt Cano had done enough to go home victorious
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #40
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

on top of that he limped past Cano, a guy he in all reality should handle, probably realized his potential at welter and at his age

he is slowing down and doesnt have the power to keep these big men off

i think saturday might have been a moment of realization for him
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #41
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porgeous Porge View Post
He has been quiet hasnt he, well that happens when you eat a great big **** burger and come out lucky with your hand raised

I didnt score it but was very shocked to see the wide card for him considering he was down and clearly lost at least another round

i dont think the weight had a factor in the fight, Cano moved up vs a guy who had already been at the weight and is leagues more experienced

i thought it was close wasnt sure who was gonna win, deep down i felt Cano had done enough to go home victorious
Wide card for him? 114-113...

The wide card was for Cano.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #42
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 81

it was a garbage decision , paulie should be ashamed
unloco is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #43
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by josjbp23 View Post

bravo on that great stuff
unloco is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 AM   #44
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

I was highly disappointed with Paulie. I've been a fan of him as a character and of course his underrated technique (when he chooses to be prepared and use it).
It's been a while now that he's been stumbling with boxing and last week was pure disaster. He looks and acts young, but he's almost got both legs out the sport.
I don't think he has it in him to put the work required for a proper training camp. Plus, more importantly, his mentality is no longer of a fighter.
Cano seemed to be unprepared, but at least he wanted the win.
JDK is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 04:02 AM   #45
Mega Lamps
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The ignorance in this thread is laughable; how someone calls this fight a robbery is beyond me. A close fight that can go either way (and yes, it was), is not a robbery.
The Malignaggi/Diaz fight was a robbery since Gale Van Hoye gave almost every round to Diaz. The only atrocious scorecard in this fight was the one that was actually for Cano. Paulie won a close one, no robbery.
And people bringing up Compubox?
Mega Lamps is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum