Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #46
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
...go **** your boot kunt...****en oath you had a go at his chin when you said he should stay away from punchers..your obviously dirty on him because he's kickin' on with his career and won the fights he had to where you lost yours..

..and since when does one have to have fought pro to have a opinion on the sport..it's a ****en forum ya clown..


.
You really are a pathetic loser darkhorse, If Sherrington really associates with a dickhead like you he will lose fans.
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #47
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Looks like Sherrington is really stepping up, I checked boxrec and he is fighting a blown up featherweight who has had 1 fight in 2 years which he lost.
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #48
Karam
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Shame coz the card looks good
Karam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #49
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington

I not really excited about the opponent, it is a shame,
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #50
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Looks like Sherrington is really stepping up, I checked boxrec and he is fighting a blown up featherweight who has had 1 fight in 2 years which he lost.
Has never fought at middle.
It would good to see Lenny Zappa fight the Filipino more his weight.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #51
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Yeah a pretty disgraceful choice of opponent but I still wouldn't write him off completley, anyone has a shot at knocking out Sherrington, it only takes one shot to shatter his glass jaw
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #52
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Yeah a pretty disgraceful choice of opponent but I still wouldn't write him off completley, anyone has a shot at knocking out Sherrington, it only takes one shot to shatter his glass jaw
Gee imagine I said that Dark Horse would have kittens.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #53
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Gee imagine I said that Dark Horse would have kittens.
...haha..yeah good one Crusher..you got me there..meow meow..

..anyway..seen that you and ol' mate seem have bonded really well and content on pullin' each others pricks..can i ask you a serious boxing question?
..this is because I'm trying to get a feel for the 'sweet science' as you say..and your a man well placed to help me..

..now when a fighter gets stopped or knocked down..do you think sometimes this has more to do with bad tactics or poor preparation apposed to a 'glass jaw?'..so to speak ()..I mean..just like in your stoppage loss to the aforementioned Kasif Mumtaz..and even Joel Casey..I have observed that it is in alot of fighters nature to get caught up in the fight and want to stand toe to toe instead of getting on the back foot and boxing around abit..
..what are your thoughts?
..thanks in advance..cheers..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #54
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

In all seriousness mate. It can be anyone of those things you mentioned. Also having a good chin is also part a mental aspect as well. You will notice with the stoppages on my record and also on Sheringtons record they where all in the early part of our careers. We may not have glass jaws as some people like to say. It could be attibuted to to lack of confidence or poor match making.
Just my humble opinion.
Also my stoppage loss to Mumtaz was a cut eye stoppage in a fight I was winning.
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
...haha..yeah good one Crusher..you got me there..meow meow..

..anyway..seen that you and ol' mate seem have bonded really well and content on pullin' each others pricks..can i ask you a serious boxing question?
..this is because I'm trying to get a feel for the 'sweet science' as you say..and your a man well placed to help me..

..now when a fighter gets stopped or knocked down..do you think sometimes this has more to do with bad tactics or poor preparation apposed to a 'glass jaw?'..so to speak ()..I mean..just like in your stoppage loss to the aforementioned Kasif Mumtaz..and even Joel Casey..I have observed that it is in alot of fighters nature to get caught up in the fight and want to stand toe to toe instead of getting on the back foot and boxing around abit..
..what are your thoughts?
..thanks in advance..cheers..
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #55
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Les has really kicked on and had a decent career, considering when he started he was probably thought of as just another opponent from NQ. In saying that I have no problem with people questioning his chin as he has been stopped on a number of occassions and hurt in other fights numerous times. It may be because of his preperation, tactics or mental state in those fights that led to that, but that does not mean that his chin can't be questioned.

Les is a great ambassador for boxing and he is always in excellent physical shape when he fights. Besides Sonny Micahel Angelo, Les would probably have had the best physical shape of a domestic fighter over the last 7 or 8 years.

I would like to see Les go the way of a commonwealth title instead of aiming for a regional strap, or even a fight with Mundine maybe next year.

At least he is having a go and making a career out of it. It's more than I thought he would of done after his debut to Arama Tabuai and I wish him all the best.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #56
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
In all seriousness mate. It can be anyone of those things you mentioned. Also having a good chin is also part a mental aspect as well. You will notice with the stoppages on my record and also on Sheringtons record they where all in the early part of our careers. We may not have glass jaws as some people like to say. It could be attibuted to to lack of confidence or poor match making.
Just my humble opinion.
Also my stoppage loss to Mumtaz was a cut eye stoppage in a fight I was winning.
a
darkhorse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #57
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
In all seriousness mate. It can be anyone of those things you mentioned. Also having a good chin is also part a mental aspect as well. You will notice with the stoppages on my record and also on Sheringtons record they where all in the early part of our careers. We may not have glass jaws as some people like to say. It could be attibuted to to lack of confidence or poor match making.
Just my humble opinion.
Also my stoppage loss to Mumtaz was a cut eye stoppage in a fight I was winning.
a
..all the bullshit aside..thanks for that reply Crusher..my thoughts entirely awell..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #58
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwgcolman View Post
Les has really kicked on and had a decent career, considering when he started he was probably thought of as just another opponent from NQ. In saying that I have no problem with people questioning his chin as he has been stopped on a number of occassions and hurt in other fights numerous times. It may be because of his preperation, tactics or mental state in those fights that led to that, but that does not mean that his chin can't be questioned.

Les is a great ambassador for boxing and he is always in excellent physical shape when he fights. Besides Sonny Micahel Angelo, Les would probably have had the best physical shape of a domestic fighter over the last 7 or 8 years.

I would like to see Les go the way of a commonwealth title instead of aiming for a regional strap, or even a fight with Mundine maybe next year.

At least he is having a go and making a career out of it. It's more than I thought he would of done after his debut to Arama Tabuai and I wish him all the best.
..hey buddy..wasn't Arama Tabuai the worse choice ever as a opponent for a kid making his pro debut...anyone from around NQ back then knew he was a killer inside the first 3 rounds...
..i saw a photo of him on facebook the other day and he's still lookin' hard as a rock and he's probably 45 year old now..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:42 AM   #59
Left hook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington

I never knew he lost his first fight , so good on him for being able to be where he is today
Left hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013