james5000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 511
Default Re: sonny bill $3, francois botha $1.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
no shit sherlock, thats what i told u.
CapsLock you don't know **** all about anything, so sit in the ****ing corner and shut your mouth.

SBW may win this fight but there's no way its a fix. Those NZ odds still haven't changed in fact just about every betting option has SBW as favourite.

How do you like SBW @ greater than 2 bucks anyway?

I say Botha comes in @ 260lbs and ****s SBW up, SBW is pure athlete with limited skill and still throws arm punches. Botha is going to step up and punch holes in him.

Last edited by james5000; 10-26-2012 at 03:43 AM.
james5000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #47
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Botha has probably been paid to do the right thing
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #48
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Botha has probably been paid to do the right thing
I still believe SBW will win legitimately. Botha has too much pride to take a pay-off but the Grant loss did something to him and many of the comments on here are largely due to hatred for Sonny Bill rather than any objective analysis of the matchup.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #49
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
I still believe SBW will win legitimately. Botha has too much pride to take a pay-off but the Grant loss did something to him and many of the comments on here are largely due to hatred for Sonny Bill rather than any objective analysis of the matchup.
Being honest though, the best guy Sonny Bill fought was that Tillman character, who was grossly out of shape, had some of the worst form i've ever seen in a boxing ring and who's resume was abysmal (he'd lost to other tin cans) And the stoppage really wasn't that impressive, Sonny just went ape-shit it looked like a street brawl.

Botha is a solid pro, he's old but if he trains hard, comes in decent shape and stays tight he should know far too much for a guy like Sonny

Nothing wrong with SBW for having a go, he's an impressive athlete, but he has little natural talent

in a boxing ring he reminds me of guys we have had over here like Tom Dallas and Larry Olubamiwo, who both sort of looked the part and could blast out cans but got properly undressed by journeymen

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9BAw4W_cs[/ame]
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #50
james5000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Being honest though, the best guy Sonny Bill fought was that Tillman character, who was grossly out of shape, had some of the worst form i've ever seen in a boxing ring and who's resume was abysmal (he'd lost to other tin cans) And the stoppage really wasn't that impressive, Sonny just went ape-shit it looked like a street brawl.

Botha is a solid pro, he's old but if he trains hard, comes in decent shape and stays tight he should know far too much for a guy like Sonny

Nothing wrong with SBW for having a go, he's an impressive athlete, but he has little natural talent

in a boxing ring he reminds me of guys we have had over here like Tom Dallas and Larry Olubamiwo, who both sort of looked the part and could blast out cans but got properly undressed by journeymen

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This sums up exactly how i feel.

SBW has had five fights and all of them were at tin can or below level

Gary Gurr: Pathetic joke fight, he really was straight from the supermarket vegetable stacking line. No experience, No athletic ability.

Ryan Hogan: Even bigger joke of a fight, No experience and just a fat cunt really no boxing talent or athletic ability.

Scott Lewis: A big step up from the 1st two fights, has a couple of fights experience lol. Scott lewis can bang a little but he still really is a can. less than 50% winning record and all losses coming by ko.

Alipate liava'a: 44 yo sickness beneficary, he's about 5ft5 120kg just a good sized punching bag. Scott lewis dominated him 10 rounds to none

Tillman: Sonny's best win. Big fat sloppy fighter, pretty seasoned and has a better than 50% winning record

Even a washed up Botha is a mile better than these wankers, ffs he could probably beat them all in the half time break of an AB's game. Botha has been doing some good rounds recently and his competitors have been miles better than SBW. I'd take that Larry bloke over SBW to be honest.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #51
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Why would Williams' team set him up to fail so early in his career?
I'm not here saying that SBW is the next coming of Ali or anything. I'm just saying that Botha has gone from a cagey vet against Grant to a sluggish old man in his last 2 fights. Not to mention that he's 44 years old and just fought 1 month ago. You guys are basing your predictions/analysis on Botha's reputation and not on objective data.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #52
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Gee I hope Botha knocks that cunt out. Probably won't happen though. How many rds will this fight be ?
Francis75 is online now  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #53
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Gee I hope Botha knocks that cunt out. Probably won't happen though. How many rds will this fight be ?

Look, Botha is one of the nicest ex-champs you'll ever meet but the fact is he's still 44 years old, was 20lbs overweight in his last 2 fights, and is fighting Sonny Bill with(I believe) the shortest rest he's had after a fight. He's gonna be overweight AGAIN, sluggish AGAIN and he's going to lose AGAIN. His skill set and reputation mean nothing if his body won't do what he wants it to do. SBW is gonna be smart, use his wheels, avoid exchanges and cruise to a UD. How do you guys not see this? Maybe you should actually watch some of Botha's recent fights before posting.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #54
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

No chance of FB doing an Oli McCall?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #55
james5000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Look, Botha is one of the nicest ex-champs you'll ever meet but the fact is he's still 44 years old, was 20lbs overweight in his last 2 fights, and is fighting Sonny Bill with(I believe) the shortest rest he's had after a fight. He's gonna be overweight AGAIN, sluggish AGAIN and he's going to lose AGAIN. His skill set and reputation mean nothing if his body won't do what he wants it to do. SBW is gonna be smart, use his wheels, avoid exchanges and cruise to a UD. How do you guys not see this? Maybe you should actually watch some of Botha's recent fights before posting.
Have you seen the MUGS SBW has been fighting? Where are you from mate because this is a huge step up from what he's ever been in the ring with.

Botha's last 2 fights are on boxing rec @ 19 and 34 in the world. 1 is undefeated the other has had 1 loss. These two karnts are pro boxers, SBW is a weekend warrior. You be objective and tell me who looks less sluggish Ryan 'Hulk Hogan or Tillman LOL. Botha actually has been 10+ rounds in his last 3 fights, SBW has never been past 6. Who the **** know's how SBW's fitness will be if he gets dragged in to deep water and starts panicking. Botha wont panic he's a veteren, SBW has no KO power he still throws arm punches, Botha will take his best and keep plodding forward and lay him the **** out.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #56
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james5000 View Post
Have you seen the MUGS SBW has been fighting? Where are you from mate because this is a huge step up from what he's ever been in the ring with.

Botha's last 2 fights are on boxing rec @ 19 and 34 in the world. 1 is undefeated the other has had 1 loss. These two karnts are pro boxers, SBW is a weekend warrior. You be objective and tell me who looks less sluggish Ryan 'Hulk Hogan or Tillman LOL. Botha actually has been 10+ rounds in his last 3 fights, SBW has never been past 6. Who the **** know's how SBW's fitness will be if he gets dragged in to deep water and starts panicking. Botha wont panic he's a veteren, SBW has no KO power he still throws arm punches, Botha will take his best and keep plodding forward and lay him the **** out.
Again, the version of Botha that fought Grant would, in fact, lay SBW out. Frans looked hungry and as game as ever. He was in his own backyard and his fans clearly pumped him up. He appeared to be winning the fight handily until Grant came out of nowhere with that cannonball right hand. That loss did something terrible to Botha's confidence and his will to win.
The same thing then happened in the next fight, Botha appeared to be winning with his one punch and hold tactic and Takam catches him and the fight is stopped.
Pianeta's tall but his ranking is solely based on a sickeningly padded record and he STILL dominated Botha with these weak 1-2's all night. My point is that this version of Botha has ZERO confidence and is so overweight that he is physically incapable of throwing more than one punch at a time.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #57
james5000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Again, the version of Botha that fought Grant would, in fact, lay SBW out. Frans looked hungry and as game as ever. He was in his own backyard and his fans clearly pumped him up. He appeared to be winning the fight handily until Grant came out of nowhere with that cannonball right hand. That loss did something terrible to Botha's confidence and his will to win.
The same thing then happened in the next fight, Botha appeared to be winning with his one punch and hold tactic and Takam catches him and the fight is stopped.
Pianeta's tall but his ranking is solely based on a sickeningly padded record and he STILL dominated Botha with these weak 1-2's all night. My point is that this version of Botha has ZERO confidence and is so overweight that he is physically incapable of throwing more than one punch at a time.
You are just looking at one side of the story Botha.

SBW hasn't fought anyone, you say Pianeta's record is padded lol. SBW's record might as well be 0-0 he hasn't fought shit. (Botha did take a couple of rounds off Pianeta on 2 of 3 cards)

IMO SBW has more to lose in this fight then gain and he's 0-0. If he beats Botha karnts like you (and there are a lot of them) will just say Botha was shit and shouldn't of fought. If he loses then he will be a laughing stock.

I reckon this is a step too far for SBW, how many people have fought the likes of Botha in their 6th fight? Especially as SBW has no fighting background whatsoever, no amateur fights, no nothing.

His management team are going for a cash grab and its riskier than they suspect I think. Botha has been calling out SBW for a year now, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the Pianeta fight as a sparing session considering he knew the SBW fight was already on the cards before that fight. 2.5 months is plenty of time to drop some kg's, my mate went on Jen for men and lost 16kg's in 8 weeks with no exercise LOL.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #58
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:

SBW hasn't fought anyone, you say Pianeta's record is padded lol. SBW's record might as well be 0-0 he hasn't fought shit. (Botha did take a couple of rounds off Pianeta on 2 of 3 cards)

IMO SBW has more to lose in this fight then gain and he's 0-0. If he beats Botha karnts like you (and there are a lot of them) will just say Botha was shit and shouldn't of fought. If he loses then he will be a laughing stock.

I reckon this is a step too far for SBW, how many people have fought the likes of Botha in their 6th fight? Especially as SBW has no fighting background whatsoever, no amateur fights, no nothing.

His management team are going for a cash grab and its riskier than they suspect I think. Botha has been calling out SBW for a year now, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the Pianeta fight as a sparing session considering he knew the SBW fight was already on the cards before that fight. 2.5 months is plenty of time to drop some kg's, my mate went on Jen for men and lost 16kg's in 8 weeks with no exercise LOL.
no, i think that dunny just really wants to test himself. he is a confident without being ****y guy and wants to be taken seriously and he has picked the right opponent at the right time.

its a contest that really could result in either extremes.

sonny may box the guy to a very boring easy unanimous decision, or botha could bash him senseless and embarrass dunny terribly.

we'll find out on fightnight.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #59
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Watch yourself boy. Trust me, you're out of your depth. I won't have a semi-literate teenager who took a couple of boxercise classes disrespect me or this site.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #60
james5000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Watch yourself boy. Trust me, you're out of your depth. I won't have a semi-literate teenager who took a couple of boxercise classes disrespect me or this site.
What the **** are you on?

You're not making much of a point for your argument if you ask me. I know Botha is well past his best, and looked pretty shit in his last two starts but he was made to look bad by some pretty high level opponents. Add that he clearly hadn't trained very hard for them and you get a bad result. SBW is not on the level of those blokes at this stage of his career so I think Botha will be doing the bossing in this fight.

Pianeta was just too skillful and slippery for an old fat Botha. SBW I don't think has the defensive capabilities to stop a plodding Botha who still has good skills just lacks the speed and stamina he would of had in his prime.

We still don't know how long the fights scheduled for but I reckon the longer it goes the more it plays in to Botha's hands. It gives him more of a chance to catch him, and we don't know what SBW will be like when he gets a bit tired in the later rounds.

Any way I'm loving SBW giving this a go and I am actually going to be cheering for him on the night. I do reckon he's up against it though. From what I have seen SBW isn't much chop in a boxing ring and has a lot to learn. Botha will probably be doing the schooling.

I might be a young handsome looking karnt but it's been a few years since I have been a teenager. Plus I wasn't being disrespectful I just sense a lot of SBW hate around (not saying your a hater) but these karnts make Botha out to be a never was practically Tillman level.

Last edited by james5000; 10-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum