Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Grange Am Club

vCash: 500
Default Grange Amateur Promotion

Hi Guys,

Grange Old School boxing has operated a great amateur boxing club, for a number of years under the tuition of Daniel Geale, and his assistant coach Zeb King. The amateur club will be hosting its first amateur promotion on the 24th of November, at Bargo Sports club, Bargo NSW. We have a number of boys to match, all ages and experience levels, from various nsw clubs, pcyc's etc.

All fighters and clubs are welcome. It will be an organised and enjoyable night, and the first of a series of 2013 amateur promotions.

Please contact Anthony on 0419 904 334

or Zeb on 0404 391 446 to have your fighter matched or for further details.

Cheers!
Grange Amateur Boxing
Grange Am Club is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Grange Am Club

Default Re: Grange Amateur Promotion

Bump
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
Grange Am Club

Good response so far guys. Have some good fights matched.

Have a couple of fights left to match, so send through fighters details to 0419 904 334.

If we cant match your fighter for this show, we will aim to on the next one.

If you want to come check it out, 24th novemebr, bargo sports club

Cheers!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

How about some comments about the young and up and coming boxers of Australia. (No childish arguing might be good) . Maybe someone can tell us what is happening at the Australian Institute of Sport. Are they still trying to teach everyone the same Cuban style of boxing or have there been changes. What age are most of the guys from the Grange Gym? Are there plans to take them to international level , to become Pro or just teach them about life.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Grange Am Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
How about some comments about the young and up and coming boxers of Australia. (No childish arguing might be good) . Maybe someone can tell us what is happening at the Australian Institute of Sport. Are they still trying to teach everyone the same Cuban style of boxing or have there been changes. What age are most of the guys from the Grange Gym? Are there plans to take them to international level , to become Pro or just teach them about life.
Grange Amateur Club has a beginners program that gives kids and first timers a good start and focuses on strong basics. From there they can progress into the amateur classes. Beginners a encouraged and focused on as much as any fighter.

The amateur classes have a good mix of fighters and non-fighters. Everyone trains together, there is a strong sense of team, and there is no "me" syndrome. Ages range from 12-40. A big part of the fighters group is aged 13-22, and 10-12 amateur fighters are active at any one time.

We welcome other clubs to train with us, and we have regular sparring on tuesdays, as well as arranged sparring with other gyms. Daniel and Zeb look after these boys really well, giving them a solid platform to establish a career in boxing.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

It is actually great that kids learn from a world class ACTIVE boxer. Very rare.

Last edited by 20a87; 10-27-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: For the kids (and bruiserh)
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Who will train the club when Geale is nursing his wounds from another defeat to "the man"?
Dude, not the thread to push your shit and repetitive agenda.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
I have no "agenda". Mentioning Choc doesn't bring out the best in other posters, so I have amended.

Last edited by 20a87; 10-27-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: For the kids
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
It was a genuine question! I have no "agenda".
Nothing genuine about it. you were having a troll dig at a guy that's trying to promote a program introducing kids into the sport of amateur boxing. Not the time or place.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
peterm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Good call **** off dickhead!
peterm is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Nothing genuine about it. you were having a troll dig at a guy that's trying to promote a program introducing kids into the sport of amateur boxing. Not the time or place.
People can't hack Choc being brought up so I have amended the post. I'm all for people getting into the gym.

peterm, i'm keeping an eye on your attitude.

Last edited by 20a87; 10-27-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: I have my reasons
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grange Am Club View Post
Grange Amateur Club has a beginners program that gives kids and first timers a good start and focuses on strong basics. From there they can progress into the amateur classes. Beginners a encouraged and focused on as much as any fighter.

The amateur classes have a good mix of fighters and non-fighters. Everyone trains together, there is a strong sense of team, and there is no "me" syndrome. Ages range from 12-40. A big part of the fighters group is aged 13-22, and 10-12 amateur fighters are active at any one time.

We welcome other clubs to train with us, and we have regular sparring on tuesdays, as well as arranged sparring with other gyms. Daniel and Zeb look after these boys really well, giving them a solid platform to establish a career in boxing.
Thanks I am not in Australia all the time and was interested.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
People can't hack Choc being brought up so I have amended the post. I'm all for people getting into the gym.

peterm, i'm keeping an eye on your attitude.
It's good you realised on reflection
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grange Am Club View Post

While we are at it, do you find your kids trying to copy the Daniel Geale style of boxing? Does your program teach different styles to different Kids defending on weakness and strengths?
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
Grange Am Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
While we are at it, do you find your kids trying to copy the Daniel Geale style of boxing? Does your program teach different styles to different Kids defending on weakness and strengths?
Daniel is big on kids being comfortable with their own style, with a strong emphasis on good basics. Obviously they will emulate their teacher as is natural, but he and his assistant coach Zeb are very good at teaching the foundations of boxing that even experienced pro's lack sometimes.

Thanks for your interest.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum