Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #2611
PrinceVega
帝拳ボクシングジム
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Mayweather - De La Hoya

Once again I understand you cant score the fight when you listen Jim Lampley & Larry Merchant. You just cant. But on the other didnt want to mute the video. Just want to watch the fight. Its still laughable that they are really thought this match gonna save the boxing back in the day. Atmosphere is the only good thing about this bout. Pacman-Floyd matchup have the same problem right now. Even if they get in the ring tomorrow its not going to be prime vs prime & certanly not going to save the boxing. Its too late.

BTW didnt realize it before, after the bout Jim Lampley were bashing MMA big time

Miguel Cotto - Torres

Think that this fight is lil bit underrated. Maybe because name of the Cotto's opponent. Or the fact that fight didnt last longer. Always pleasure to see some good body work but left hooks of Cotto? Flawless. Add to that George Foreman on the mic = gold Lampley reference the fight with Foreman-Lyle. Tho I disagree with his opinion decided to watch this two giants war.

George Foreman - Ron Lyle

Style of the Lyle in the beginning remind me of Mike Alvarado from Rios fight. Trying to outbox Big George. Bombs landing, legs shaking. Love how Foreman throws his sloppy & somehow effective jabs 4th round is one of the (if not the one) greatest round in a heavyweight boxing.This is the type of fight you can only 'play' on the video games. Its still amaze me how opposite is that look & character of Foreman.

4 fight of Wonjongkam - Daisuke is downloading. Will be watching them next. Or maybe Tokashiki - Madera II.

I know its not the place for but since Ive wrote some shit (maybe somebody knows), When will new game of EA's Fight Night series release?
PrinceVega is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #2612
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester1583 View Post
Chucho Castillo - Lionel Rose

Poor Chucho was robbed!

I wouldn't argue much if anyone scored the fight for Rose.
But I'm not a fan of these kind of performances. Devon Alexander-type shit.
Too negative for my liking.
It's hard not to root for Chucho who pressed the entire fight.

Rose was a massive bantamweight - he looked more like a modern-day weight-drained feather rather than a natural bantamweight.
An excellent smooth technician he was. Nice left hand.
ATG performance against (lazy fat pig) Harada.
I hate him though. God damn you, weak-chinned featherfisters.

On the other hand, Chucho is really growing on me.
Such a tough well-balanced skillful fighter.
Good power.
Very good counterpunching skills.
Big heart.
I really like his style.
Gotta say Ive really enjoyed the Chucho fights Flea Man put up...Big time thanks!!!!
dpw417 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #2613
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Hey, that makes me happy D

I've got a bit more as well
Flea Man is online now  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #2614
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Katsuo Tokashiki Vs Lupe Madera I

TOKASHIKI: 2; 4; 7; 9; 10; 11; 13;
MADERA: 1; 3; 5; 6; 8; 12; 14;15

TOKASHIKI 142-143 MADERA

Takefumi Sakata Vs Denkaosan Kaovichit II

SAKATA:
DENKAOSAN: 1;

Only stoppage loss of Sakata's career, and the tone is set quickly, with the Thai pushing him back and landing the cleaner blows. The second round sees both men trade shots in close to the body, but still just feeling out. The Thai pushes Sakata back again, squeezes a right hand in that seems to land on the temple, and a delayed reaction and Shibata-esque fall and refusual to even try to get up sees Sakata take the count.

Floyd Mayweather Vs Jose Luis Castillo I

MAYWEATHER: 1; 2; 3; 4; 9; 10(-1);11;
CASTILLO: 5; 6; 7; 8(-1); 12

MAYWEATHER 114-112 CASTILLO

Floyd Mayweather Vs Emanuel Augustus

MAYWEATHER: 1; 2; 3; 4; 6; 7; 8;
AUGUSTUS: 5;

Floyd was a level (or three) above, but Augustus was able to implement angles and punch with him, and there were some competitive rounds even if Floyd was always ahead. Burton had a solid argument for the fast paced 3rd, but Floyd still landed the better shots even if he was caught more than is customary for him. Augustus managed to open up Floyd more than most, but Floyd's defence was enough to take the edge off and avoid a lot of his work. As fun a fight as I remember it.

Augustus turned it on in the 5th, showboating and using over exaggerated feints. Always hard to score against Floyd because when he lands it's very fast, sharp and accurate. Augustus pressured him throughout but Floyd landed the cleaner blows here, although I'd say Augustus did too. Close round. 6th was Augustus' until Floyd kept twatting him with clean right hands in a Kalambay-esque effort. Floyd was just too good, as you'd expect. Far less of a struggle than I recall, although Augustus was always coming on and did give Floyd some hassle. Just not much. Floyd was too quick of hand, and when he couldn't finish him with the right he whipped in quick left hands to body and head to get the towel thrown in.

Floyd Mayweather Vs Angel Manfredy

Is it unfair I consider Manfredy a completely average fighter? I like this fight, Floyd blitzes him. I fit this in just to enjoy the quick dissection. Couldn't spark Manfredy despite hitting him with the kitchen sink and having a completely outmatched opponent in front of him. He would've done if they'd been transported back to the 30s and 40s, Floyd would've wasted him in Williams-Beau Jack-esque fashion. Or even Pea-Hurtado-esque fashion

Masao Ohba Vs Betuilio Gonzalez

OHBA: 2; 4; 5; 6; 9; 10; 11; 12; 13;
GONZALEZ: 1; 3; 7; 8; 14; 15

OHBA 144-141 GONZALEZ

Betulio actually looks as good as I've ever seen him early, snapping Ohba back with accurate right hands and not allowing the famed Japanese jab to get going. But he just got outworked late on before turning it up again as Ohba really struggled with the pace. In the 15th Gonzalez was clowning Ohba with footwork, turning him and just bullying him and making him look foolish. Close fight, a few close rounds for sure although the controversy reported at the arena? Well, maybe it was justified but I thought Ohba edged it.

Kuniaki Shibata Vs Victor Echegaray

SHIBATA: 1; 2; 3; 5; 7; 9; 15 (+2)
ECHEGARAY: 4; 6; 8; 10; 11; 12; 13; 14

SHIBATA 142-141 ECHEGARAY

Horrible fight to score for many reasons. First off, Shibata at super feather was firmly into shutting himself for long stretches of time, and he did it in the first fight with Ben Villaflor as well. He also tends to punch right at the end of the round as well and make you smile, which is ****ing annoying in a fight you're trying to score. But, when he did throw, it was flashy, sharp and super quick left hands that caught the eye and his ability to avoid a lot at the end of the Argie's jab meant that all Echegaray could get going was the jab for most of the fight. But he did get it going, and managed to land it consistently down the stretch. In the 14th he finally tried something else with a bit of vigour and surprised Shibata with an uppercut (IIRC) that seemed to really jar him. All credit to Shibata, he fired back with aplomb in the final round, but while I can sorta' understand the first knockdown, which happened really quick and was a left hook to the body that cracked loudly and a forearm to the back of the head, the second knockdown was just Shibata ragging the Argie to the floor Unsavoury stuff which gave Shibata a close win that actually surprised me when I added it up at the end. The mini-Monzon stylings of Echegaray won him the bout but he was bloody stiff.

Fernando Montiel Vs Mark Johnson

MONTIEL: 8; 9; 10; 11;
JOHNSON: 1; 2; 3; 4; 5(+1); 6; 7; 12

MONTIEL 111-116 JOHNSON

How the **** did Dwyer come up with a draw? Anyway, nowhere near as competitive as I remembered, and the first seven rounds, bar the flash knockdown, where some of the most tepid 'exchanges' I have ever seen. Dull as dishwater, and Montiel was clueless. But the end of the fight was as I remembered, with Montiel finally getting on the front foot a bit more and actually letting his hands go. 12th was close, with Johnson a bit too sharp and getting the better of a nice exchange earlier on in the round but with Montiel turning the heat up again in the last 30 seconds or so, it was close. Montiel just was never quite there apart from Hasegawa IMO, which actually came off the back of some pretty uninspiring performances. Hot and cold fighter.

Joey Olivo Vs German Torres

OLIVO: 1; 2; 6; 7; 8;
TORRES: 3; 4; 5; 9; 10

OLIVO 95-95 TORRES

Closely contested bout (with a few head clashes) that could've gone either way, with the beanpole Olivo boxing Torres and landing with straight shots and Torres coming on stronger near the end of rounds to pressure, with some success but not too much accuracy. Olivo, as you'd expect, was very bothered whenever Torres made a solid connect. His legs are the only reason that guy made light fly. He was no weakling either, but ****ing Hell.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #2615
clinikill
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Last edited by clinikill; 01-27-2014 at 09:59 AM.
clinikill is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #2616
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw417 View Post
Gotta say Ive really enjoyed the Chucho fights Flea Man put up...Big time thanks!!!!
Have a look at the second Herrera fight. I thought he won that.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #2617
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Barry McGuigan Vs Eusebio Pedroza

MCGUIGAN: 2; 5; 6; 7(+1); 8; 9; 13; 14;
PEDROZA: 1; 3; 4; 10; 11; 12; 15

MCGUIGAN 143-141 PEDROZA

Again, I see Pedroza taking stuff in between rounds, I can only hope it's just bits of ice.

Anyway, never scored this before, even though it's one of the first boxing matches I was ever aware of, what with nostalgic pieces about it on the tele' and overheard in conversations since I was a wee boy.

Pedroza was slipping, that much is true but he still showed more than enough in the Lujan fight to show it was going to take a very special dog to rip the title from him, or at least a very solid featherweight. And McGuigan was just that. Coupled with the fact Pedroza was always strong down the stretch and Bazza had never gone into the trenches over the championship distance whatever zip Pedroza had lost at this stage this was a very impressive victory and effort from the Clones Cyclone.

Although for a left hooker it was the right hand in the 7th that really started to see him take the fight from Pedroza, who as soon as he marked up looked closer to 40 than 30. After that McGuigan worked his left hand in more and Pedroza had to run on fumes and instinct to stop McGuigan getting too close, pick his shots at range and smother McGuigan's pretty relentless offence when he falls in.

Don't think the score really reflects the ebb and flow of the fight. Pedroza looked **** near the end of a lot of the later rounds and McGuigan usually caught up to him and pushed the pace a little harder than the ageing titlist could manage. Solid and clear win for Bazza.

Ali Funeka Vs Joan Guzman I

FUNEKA: 3; 4; 5; 6; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12
GUZMAN: 1; 2; 7;

FUNEKA 117-111 GUZMAN

Wonder if my opinions have changed since I last watched it, the morning after it happened (I was ragin'!)

Early on Funeka is throwing his jab but Guzman can get close to him and hit him upstairs and downstairs with his choppy and sloppy offence. Once Funeka starts to double his jab up he can shoot his cross as well, and after that Guzman is all at sea. I've shaded the 7th to him just to see what difference it makes although it must've been discouraging for Guzman to get close enough to open up and have Funeka punching with him all the way.

In the 8th Funeka comes into his own, opening up with both hands with a variety of punches, before luring Guzman onto a short and pinpoint right hand that has him out on his feet.

A few slaps from Guzman in the 11th from Guzman are his best shots in a while, but defensively it's one of his worst in the fight, as Funeka mugs him in every department. Guzman tries to mock Funeka at one point with his hands down and Funeka just batters him some more. Embarrassing.

Guzman tried really hard in the last round as Funeka coasted behind the jab but all he could muster were slaps. The draw rendered is still annoying so my opinion hasn't changed. Horrible robbery.

Last edited by Flea Man; 10-28-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #2618
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just come across this, never seen it before. It's a good hard fought fight with big punching from both.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0UTkMEZVYs&feature=related[/ame]
Old 10-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #2619
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

The last round breaks my heart a bit
Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #2620
PrinceVega
帝拳ボクシングジム
ESB Full Member

Start to watch Heavyweight Superfights Tourney 1993. Woww. Its the cab-drivers, butchers,old washups version of K1 GP's.

Just watch Bonecrusher vs dont remember the name but probably bla bla Jackson. Hımm Bonecrusher won all 3 hard fought rounds ( ) and advance to the next stage.

Prize fighting in a small but nice venue. Enjoyeble to watch. Love to know if there is anything similar to this event?

Well there is nothing can be talk about. Oh Al Bernstein was gooffy as hell back in the day but love him tho.

__

Watched Dulorme - Abregu. What a waste of hope this was. Never seen Thomas before. First 2 rounds Dulorme looked like invincible.But when he got caught. He caught good. Until the stoppage had Abregu ahead by 1.
PrinceVega is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #2621
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
The last round breaks my heart a bit

I know what you mean, he started looking like the older fighter the last couple of rounds. Some great left hooking from Chacon but Castillo landed some great shots.
Just watched this one after it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLYuFo9s0So&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Great exhibition of boxing from Ruben. He's constantly moving to his left taking that hook away from Chacon and using his jab so well. Every time he wants to step it up Chacon is in trouble, very patient!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #2622
clinikill
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Muhammad Ali vs. Ken Norton III

143-142 Norton
clinikill is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #2623
The Wanderer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 396

Had to respond to this bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Floyd Mayweather Vs Angel Manfredy

Is it unfair I consider Manfredy a completely average fighter?
I don't think so, and I feel pretty much the same way. I feel that the only reason most fans even know Manfredy is because he outboxed Gatti (which is oh so hard to do) and wore devil masks to the ring, because aside from that he simply didn't do much in his career. He was smacked down every time he challenged for a real title. I always laugh a little inside when he's listed as one of Floyd's best wins.

Sure it was a nice, brief performance and all, but as a name on a resume, Manfredy is strictly B class.
The Wanderer is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #2624
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Sound. I did wonder if I was being too harsh but that was my summary as well.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #2625
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Have a look at the second Herrera fight. I thought he won that.
Excellent technical fight. Both fighters fought great.

Very close fight but Chucho edged it.

On a side note, Herrera put on a very good performance against sloppy Olivares.

Shortened his punches really well, countered Olivares' wide hooks with precise punches, nice inside fighting.

Herrera basically made Olivares quit in that fight.

Last edited by Lester1583; 10-29-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Lester1583 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum