Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Angelo Hyder interview-This may be Danny's last fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
don't sign a stupid contract.
Nothing to do with Angelo. But I have known of other cases where fighter's have signed a contract for a said amount to only receive half the amount of the contract. Are they STUPID! No fight contracts in Australia are not worth the paper there printed on. People always type before they know the facts!
Crusher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #62
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
x2
x3.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #63
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer555 View Post
settle down girls.
Write stupid shit get told simple.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #64
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Angelo is a ****ing prick and I reckon he is largely responsible most of the shit that Danny has pulled ever since he came out of retirement.

Which round does he insult Green's brother?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
I think it was afterr the 2nd when Tarver scored the KD. Angelo said something like ''' You gave a mug a even break '' and started slapping him and Brendan said '' Stop slapping him '' and Hyder told him to shut up. The manner in which he said it was if he was talking to a serf.
Well, Angelo Hyder was a screw for many a year.

Of course he's a cuunt- what do you expect? He's a farking boxing promoter!

Is he knowledgable enough technically to be training Danny Green? No, he couldn't teach a dog to shit.

But is he cluey enough to maximise Danny's financial opportunities at this stage of his career? Obviously yes, he's turned out to be bloody good for Green's bank account. He's in on the wrought-the-public ticket all the way with Green, and that's why they're making such a good team.

More power to them.

Last edited by ecto55; 10-28-2012 at 05:42 AM.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #65
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Nothing to do with Angelo. But I have known of other cases where fighter's have signed a contract for a said amount to only receive half the amount of the contract. Are they STUPID! No fight contracts in Australia are not worth the paper there printed on. People always type before they know the facts!
how could someone be stupid from that ffs. if u don't get paid the proper amount, then u take appropriate action to ensure they pay the full amount. surely thats just common sense.

wtf u talking about?

people were saying several fighters signed contracts that weren't very favourable to them, so i said don't sign such a contract. pretty simple really.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #66
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...

Buster, your dead wrong. Boxing just doesn't work like that. Like Crusher says, you can sign the contract and think it'll protect your 'rights', but the cotnract is only enforeced if you go and take a promoter to court. For what- a few hundred bucks and then get a bad name with all promoters ever-after and get frozen out of the game.

Unless a fighters popular enough like a Mundine, Geale or Green, they cannot afford to get offside with promoters. There just aren't enough shows around for fighters to be burning promoters, there's been a pwoer imbalance int his game for a long time and the promoters know it.

If fighters do cause too much trouble, and they don't bring in alot of money at a fight via attendences, they just get passed on. Promoter's don't need to conspire together to freeze out a fighter, once a fighter gets a name as a money-grubbing bastrad who always got his hands out, the promoters will just pass on 'em for someone else.

Name Aussie fighters been ripped off by 30, 40 even up to 60% of their contracted purse...and other than punch the promoter on the schnoz...can't do anything about it. Take a prmoter to court- over $500, remember, these are fighters we're talking about, not bankers.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #67
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

double post....

Last edited by ecto55; 10-29-2012 at 02:24 AM.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #68
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Buster, your dead wrong. Boxing just doesn't work like that. Like Crusher says, you can sign the contract and think it'll protect your 'rights', but the cotnract is only enforeced if you go and take a promoter to court. For what- a few hundred bucks and then get a bad name with all promoters ever-after and get frozen out of the game.

Unless a fighters popular enough like a Mundine, Geale or Green, they cannot afford to get offside with promoters. There just aren't enough shows around for fighters to be burning promoters, there's been a pwoer imbalance int his game for a long time and the promoters know it.

If fighters do cause too much trouble, and they don't bring in alot of money at a fight via attendences, they just get passed on. Promoter's don't need to conspire together to freeze out a fighter, once a fighter gets a name as a money-grubbing bastrad who always got his hands out, the promoters will just pass on 'em for someone else.

Name Aussie fighters been ripped off by 30, 40 even up to 60% of their contracted purse...and other than punch the promoter on the schnoz...can't do anything about it. Take a prmoter to court- over $500, remember, these are fighters we're talking about, not bankers.
each person has a choice.

u either allow yourself to get ripped off or u don't.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #69
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

unfortunately that's the nature of the game, it's full of sharks waiting to take advantage of fighters. I have no doubt Hyder's done it, but then that's the culture in boxing.

It's been happening in Australia for the best part of a century, you hear the horror stories going back to the great depression.

I remember a few years back the family of Elly Bennet were trying to get back his earnings that were taken from him, except with interest over the years the amount ran into the millions.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #70
Macho Camacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwgcolman View Post
unfortunately that's the nature of the game, it's full of sharks waiting to take advantage of fighters. I have no doubt Hyder's done it, but then that's the culture in boxing.

It's been happening in Australia for the best part of a century, you hear the horror stories going back to the great depression.

I remember a few years back the family of Elly Bennet were trying to get back his earnings that were taken from him, except with interest over the years the amount ran into the millions.
Your right boxing is the red light district of sport, it's full of shifty cunts, and Hyder is probably the biggest rip off Cunt out there.
Macho Camacho is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #71
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho Camacho View Post
Your right boxing is the red light district of sport, it's full of shifty cunts, and Hyder is probably the biggest rip off Cunt out there.

Hmmmmm, sounds personal.

Care to elaborate?
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #72
Macho Camacho

Quote:
Hmmmmm, sounds personal.

Care to elaborate?
Not personal just get my info from good sources
Macho Camacho is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #73
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho Camacho View Post
Not personal just get my info from good sources
Who are you're sources.

Are they fighters who claim Ang ripped them off?

Who are they?

You can trust me, PM me if you feel more comfortable.

I won't tell Ang and he's way to busy to look on a forum like this...or be interisted in the littler fighters why he riding the Green train.

I just want to know if I should be reconsidering my friendship with Angelo or not, as I had always thought of him a complete and utter gentleman and am shocked, suprised, disconcerted to hear you speak ill of him!!
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #74
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Who are you're sources.

Who are they?

I won't tell Ang and he's way to busy to look on a forum like this...or be interisted in the littler fighters why he riding the Green train.

I just want to know if I should be reconsidering my friendship with Angelo or not, as I had always thought of him a complete and utter gentleman and am shocked, suprised, disconcerted to hear you speak ill of him!!
You're not friends with Hyder or "Ang" as you call him.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #75
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Who are you're sources.

Who are they?

stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum