Qawi by decision 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Foster vs Qawi @ 175

Just came up in another thread.....How do you see this one going down?
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Foster vs Qawi @ 175

Foster would be a pretty horrible matchup for Qawi IMO. Unlike Frazier he isn't going to bomb Bob out, so he's getting tattooed with the left and busted up in between the times he does get on Foster's chest and get some work done.

Qawi's excellent head movement would be stunted by Foster's consistent jab. Foster, decision.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Foster would be a pretty horrible matchup for Qawi IMO. Unlike Frazier he isn't going to bomb Bob out, so he's getting tattooed with the left and busted up in between the times he does get on Foster's chest and get some work done.

Qawi's excellent head movement would be stunted by Foster's consistent jab. Foster, decision.
Im not sure I thought the way Spinks fought him kinda showed the blue print for beating Qawi...the way he moved and circled him...Im not sold that Bob has the foot work to pull that off and I don't see Qawi willing to just sit on the end of that jab like a klit victim....I don't personally have an answer to this, as it is a hypothetical that I had never even considered to about 10 minutes ago??? I wanted to see what others thought while I tried to figure it out in my own mind???
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Im not sure I thought the way Spinks fought him kinda showed the blue print for beating Qawi...the way he moved and circled him...Im not sold that Bob has the foot work to pull that off and I don't see Qawi willing to just sit on the end of that jab like a klit victim....I don't personally have an answer to this, as it is a hypothetical that I had never even considered to about 10 minutes ago??? I wanted to see what others thought while I tried to figure it out in my own mind???
Yeah, then he'd get hurt badly.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Great thread Philly!
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Just came up in another thread.....How do you see this one going down?
At 175!?...Tough call my man
Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

LOve Qwai and find him to be a vastly under rated light heavy but this is not a good match up for him ...
he grant is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Foster is ridiculously overrated on here. Qawi would get to that glass chin and have Bob doing the funky chicken.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post

Agreed with every word.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict

The advantage must be given to Foster. Qawi would want and need to be in Foster's chest to get anything done, but that's where Foster would want it too. Bob could use the jab and outbox him for stretches, but Bob really liked being up close to fire those sneaky right uppercuts and left hooks.

I also think Qawi would be in the line of fire for those hooks and uppercuts naturally by the way his upper body movement was. Qawi would get hit hard and a lot.

The question would be could Qawi take it? Would Foster fade because of the workrate he'd have to put out to keep Qawi honest?

The height difference would be as substantial as a LHW fight could be.

I think Foster stops him or decisions him. I have trouble thinking Foster would lose to someone he's punching down at like this.
DaveK is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Although the canvas was slippy, Tiger was having success against Foster before that punch

I think Qawi gives Foster a lot of problems but would have to be very wary at all times.

Bob by hard fought decision but it could go either way.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #12
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
The advantage must be given to Foster. Qawi would want and need to be in Foster's chest to get anything done, but that's where Foster would want it too. Bob could use the jab and outbox him for stretches, but Bob really liked being up close to fire those sneaky right uppercuts and left hooks.

I also think Qawi would be in the line of fire for those hooks and uppercuts naturally by the way his upper body movement was. Qawi would get hit hard and a lot.

The question would be could Qawi take it? Would Foster fade because of the workrate he'd have to put out to keep Qawi honest?

The height difference would be as substantial as a LHW fight could be.

I think Foster stops him or decisions him. I have trouble thinking Foster would lose to someone he's punching down at like this.
I voted Foster by Decision...This may have been Fosters's toughest fight ( outside his visit to the HW division ) fighting Qawi....Foster doesnt stop him but I do see Bob gettin the decision.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Foster would have had to be at his best though to really be able to hang in there with a relentless fighter like Qawi.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #14
zadfrak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think Qawi has the footwork to put himself in proper punching distance against this guy. Qawi loves the right hand hitters that fall in and he'll counter them. But guys that don't fall for the right hand leads and concentrate on their left have an opening there, the way Dwight leaned in.

Foster had a stabbing jab and all time great left hook off that jab and I just see Dwight being forced to fight a 90% defense type fight after getting hit in the first round and getting a gauge on the guy's punches and height. I think it's all Qawi can do to stay in there to the end and not get busted up by this guy.
zadfrak is online now  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #15
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There are maybe two or three light heavies who could beat Bob in his prime, and unfortunately, Dwight's not one of them.Foster would win this one by decision, or late round stoppage.
Titan1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum