Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #16
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: how many champions and contenders have been.....

Here you are Al, I think. It's a nice song, a very moving sentiment.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Teeto, I just think it's complicated, like anytime we try to generalize to find some truths. What do I know to be true? Fighters make their living with their hands. They can be conditioned to resort to using their hands whenever they encounter conflict. But, and a big but, some like my father went out of his way NOT to use his hands to resolve conflicts, and those that achieve that state of mind are often LESS liable to use their hands than someone who was never in the game. I should point out that of all the fathers on my street that beat their sons, not one of them was a pro fighter. There is that thing about fighters, they know very well what are the results of violence and so they go to great lengths to not go there. A mixed bag, like everything.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #17
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Yeah, Chinx. It's like everything, to stereotype would be outright wrong. Boxing is going to be full of all different types of characters and personalities.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #18
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Yeah, Chinx. It's like everything, to stereotype would be outright wrong. Boxing is going to be full of all different types of characters and personalities.
And yet you'll find some consistencies, right? In all professions, even in all ethnicities, though we're not supposed to do that anymore. It's really weird man, I think I'm bottoming out. I lost my mom a few months back and now I'm an emotional fool, dependably. Thinkin' about my dad a lot. Man I gotta shake myself, not doing too good, T.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinxkid View Post
And yet you'll find some consistencies, right? In all professions, even in all ethnicities, though we're not supposed to do that anymore. It's really weird man, I think I'm bottoming out. I lost my mom a few months back and now I'm an emotional fool, dependably. Thinkin' about my dad a lot. Man I gotta shake myself, not doing too good, T.

Just watched the song, I know where you're coming from mate. It's one of those songs that for those of us who have lost someone close it will hit us.
Sorry for the loss of your mum.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #20
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Chinx, i feel for you. You're a really nice guy as well. These things just take time, you're not a wreck though, just takes time. Keep talking boxing with us and we'll take your mind off things Chinx.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #21
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Just watched the song, I know where you're coming from mate. It's one of those songs that for those of us who have lost someone close it will hit us.
Pretty rough, Al. Too many endings.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #22
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Chinx, i feel for you. You're a really nice guy as well. These things just take time, you're not a wreck though, just takes time. Keep talking boxing with us and we'll take your mind off things Chinx.
You're a good cat, T. Wish I could know some of you guys in the real world. There's a big void in my life, and I know I'm hijacking this thread, I'll stop here in a minute, but it's good to talk. I got a brother who's also on the other side of the country, this family's been through hell lately, We're wrecked but all of us fighters, so we're gonna hang in there.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
You're a good cat, T. Wish I could know some of you guys in the real world. There's a big void in my life, and I know I'm hijacking this thread, I'll stop here in a minute, but it's good to talk. I got a brother who's also on the other side of the country, this family's been through hell lately, We're wrecked but all of us fighters, so we're gonna hang in there.
Yeah, hang in there my man, you'll be alright.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #24
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah, hang in there my man, you'll be alright.
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #25
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

It's good to talk.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #26
djanders
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah. Talk it out, Chinxkid! We have all been there, or one day will be, in one way or another. Hang in there! Many of us who read these posts feel for you, even those of us you don't know at all.

As for boxers and abusing significant others, I have seen many guys who obviously abused their girlfriends or wives...and suspected many more...most were not boxers. I'm not sure if a higher percentage of boxers do that or not...hard to tell.
djanders is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #27
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Michael Dokes comes to mind, definitely.
ThinBlack is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #28
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

too many & not enough,

physical abuse like so many things today are hyped up and blown out of proportion. I lived in one of the worst places in the western world, and the amount of backward, stubborn and solely destructive behaviors among the people in general and particularily the woman/wives were not only provacative, but intentionally provacative.

my best friend, not a fighter, never a fighter... his wife was a ucken lunatic, a big, strong woman and a pure wicked evil bastard, she beat on him numerous times over a 15 year period. He never touched her, not once!

But then one day he said No More, and he dummied her with a single punch and knocked he clean on her arse... she was not KO'd, she was not hurt, she was not emotionally shattered either.

But he was absolutely _ucken right,

so I never pass judgement on such matters on less they are obvious disgustusting abuses!
thistle1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum