Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.42%
Disagree 360 51.58%
Voters: 698. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #4861
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,604
vCash: 5174
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Here's how I look at it:

There are a bunch of excuses, coincidences, and stories regarding each fight that wasn't made. There is only one constant, though: Mayweather himself.

Things happen in life, and boxing is the strangest business out there, but Floyd always seems to be at the center of a big fight that doesn't get made at the right time.

For the record, I do not place the majority of the blame for Pac/Mayweather not working at Mayweather's feet, although I do not think he ever negotiated in full good faith; he just wasn't going to let Arum dictate anything.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #4862
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
Gayweather ducked prime cotto, margarito, paul williams, kosta tysu, manny Pacquiao, hatton at 140, mosley, trinidad, oscar de la, andre berto, timothy bradley, joshua clottey, marquez at 130, devon alexander.

He would have 5 losses if he fought those fighters
Cool story bro, tell me more. 43 have tried, 43 came up short.

172 have tried beating these 4 men, 172 came up short. Get over it.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #4863
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Cool story bro, tell me more. 43 have tried, 43 came up short.

172 have tried beating these 4 men, 172 came up short. Get over it.
PAcman KO Gayweather

Gayweather ducked Pacman

Urge
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #4864
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
PAcman KO Gayweather

Gayweather ducked Pacman

Urge
Cool story bro, tell me more.

Truth about Pacquiao

North of 135

Fights all opponents coming off losses/catchweights
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #4865
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Cool story bro, tell me more.
Gayweather had chance with countdown clock

Arum trusted promoter dont want waste time with time wasters who was to DUCK and to ***** from fighting Pacman


Pacman KO Gayweather in 6 rounds

Gayweather has no legs ATG trainer Roach said that at ATG gym Wildcard of Manny Pacquiao
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #4866
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,604
vCash: 5174
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Yes fighting a prime Kessler isn't putting yourself at risk of a loss

Going up against ODLH @ 154 (A weight he's never fought at before) is not a risk

Going against a good prime Reid isn't a risk.
The fact that you can name each risk so easily show how few there were.

Thank you for proving my point.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #4867
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I've heard worse, actually. One guy I was debating with was hating on Marciano. I told him he could only fight who he could fight, and fought the best.

What does this dumb cunt say? "Wrong! Rocky Marciano ducked Willie Pep!" This juvenile prick was deadly serious, too.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #4868
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,604
vCash: 5174
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I've heard worse, actually. One guy I was debating with was hating on Marciano. I told him he could only fight who he could fight, and fought the best.

What does this dumb cunt say? "Wrong! Rocky Marciano ducked Willie Pep!" This juvenile prick was deadly serious, too.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #4869
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Gayweather is knocked out by TYSON inside 5 rounds

Manny Pacman can use superior leg movement to avoid punches and land haymaker to KO hatton
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #4870
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
Gayweather had chance with countdown clock

Arum trusted promoter dont want waste time with time wasters who was to DUCK and to ***** from fighting Pacman


Pacman KO Gayweather in 6 rounds

Gayweather has no legs ATG trainer Roach said that at ATG gym Wildcard of Manny Pacquiao
bradley sd12 Pacquiao. Deal with it.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #4871
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
The fact that you can name each risk so easily show how few there were.

Thank you for proving my point.
So many others. But I'm not going to waste my time typing them all out to you. You know who avoids all risk?

Pacquiao/Arum/Roach LOL.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #4872
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,029
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Oh really now? Care to enlighten me which fighter has achieve what the TS is talking about?

Go ahead and provide examples.
if you don't understand the question, just log off. You're too stubborn and slow minded to even explain anything to.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #4873
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,029
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Here's how I look at it:

There are a bunch of excuses, coincidences, and stories regarding each fight that wasn't made. There is only one constant, though: Mayweather himself.

Things happen in life, and boxing is the strangest business out there, but Floyd always seems to be at the center of a big fight that doesn't get made at the right time.

For the record, I do not place the majority of the blame for Pac/Mayweather not working at Mayweather's feet, although I do not think he ever negotiated in full good faith; he just wasn't going to let Arum dictate anything.
There's been plenty of articles written on fighters Floyd SHOULD have fought, which do not get into any blame assigned. But you are right, the common name on A LOT is Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #4874
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
bradley sd12 Pacquiao. Deal with it.
Mayweather has no legs

Pac has ATG footwork and great rangefinder jab

Tell me hi on to Gayweathers vacation with boyfriend Ellerby

Pacquiao is P4P king and SD andre noWard like former P4P king ODLH
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #4875
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,604
vCash: 5174
Default Re: People just seem to HATE undefeated fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
So many others. But I'm not going to waste my time typing them all out to you. You know who avoids all risk?

Pacquiao/Arum/Roach LOL.
Mayweather and Pac both took risks earlier in their careers. Pac fought the Mexican holy trinity and Mayweather took on JLC and Corrales.

However, both have managed the money part of their careers very carefully.

Joe took pretty much one risk, Kessler, and a decent test in Reid. Add in a couple of cash out fights against the geritol crew and that's his career.

Ottke is laughable even by Joe Cal standards.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013