Jonsey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #32
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

do some of you genuinely only watch boxing and no other sports?

i actually prefer the sky boxing set up how it is. i have a social life, friday and saturday nights are spent doing plenty of other things, and i like to wake up on sunday morning and watch back 3 hours of quality boxing. previously you would get a 2 hour show and it was all mis matches. now its all 50-50s.

i also think sky is great value for money. never had an issue with paying for it.

God Bless Rupert Murdoch also.....being deadly serious. the guys get an unfair ride.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #33
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
God Bless Rupert Murdoch also.....being deadly serious. the guys get an unfair ride.
The guy is a parasite who has slowly trashed news reporting the world over and has dumbed down media to the point where it's aimed at re****s. He doesn't get enough ****. I'm glad he wasn't allowed the remaining share of Sky. Guy's a *****, just like his whole ****bag family.

He gave up his nationality just so he could buy a TV station.

Quote:
do you actually not like football?
Just find it dull. Team sports do nothing for me - much prefer boxing and tennis. Plus I think football is being leached to death by big business - there's too much money in the sport, with no respect for fans.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #34
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
The guy is a parasite who has slowly trashed news reporting the world over and has dumbed down media to the point where it's aimed at re****s. He doesn't get enough ****. I'm glad he wasn't allowed the remaining share of Sky. Guy's a *****, just like his whole ****bag family.

He gave up his nationality just so he could buy a TV station.

Just find it dull. Team sports do nothing for me - much prefer boxing and tennis. Plus I think football is being leached to death by big business - there's too much money in the sport, with no respect for fans.
its all starting to make sense!!!

"being leached to death by big business - there's too much money in the sport, with no respect for fans." - surely you can say that about boxing?

for somebody so anti capitalistic why are you so keene to move to the United States?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #35
Vyborg1917
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 161

Agree with this thread wholeheartedly; apart of course from the nonsensical BS the at the end.
Vyborg1917 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #36
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
its all starting to make sense!!!

"being leached to death by big business - there's too much money in the sport, with no respect for fans." - surely you can say that about boxing?

for somebody so anti capitalistic why are you so keene to move to the United States?
I'm not anti-capitalist. I work for a financial services company right now, so it wouldn't be a good look - Haha!

Boxing has some of those problems too, no doubt. But I like the sport more than football, even if I get frustrated with it at times.

I dislike Murdoch because he's a terrible human who plays the committed, Christian family man while peddling lies and manipulating his audience. He uses his influence to push his political agenda of war and racism.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Murdoch gets a rough ride, bout time he got some slack.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #38
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 96

Start a campaign or summat.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #39
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
I can't stand the football, no interest whatsoever in it.

I have no problem with people who love it, I love boxing, so can understand the passion, but football?..............I just don't 'get' it!

Quote:
do some of you genuinely only watch boxing and no other sports?

i actually prefer the sky boxing set up how it is. i have a social life, friday and saturday nights are spent doing plenty of other things, and i like to wake up on sunday morning and watch back 3 hours of quality boxing. previously you would get a 2 hour show and it was all mis matches. now its all 50-50s.

i also think sky is great value for money. never had an issue with paying for it.

I genuinely only watch the boxing and no other sport.

I must admit to not knowing too much about Murdoch, but I do think that there is generally no smoke without fire and I think to assume that an individual can amass that mush personal wealth and power without making some questionable decisions is a bit naive.

I would certainly be surprised that if there is indeed a God he would 'bless' him anyway!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #40
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 96

Quote:
I ****ing hate it.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #41
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I'm not anti-capitalist. I work for a financial services company right now, so it wouldn't be a good look - Haha!

Boxing has some of those problems too, no doubt. But I like the sport more than football, even if I get frustrated with it at times.

I dislike Murdoch because he's a terrible human who plays the committed, Christian family man while peddling lies and manipulating his audience. He uses his influence to push his political agenda of war and racism.
if you don't like football its because your not very good at it or you have serious issues....nothing anything anybody ever says will ever tell me otherwise.

you read to many newspapers. he just seems like a guy who wants to make allot of money. dont think he is racist, or

also you point about giving up your nationality. everyone who wants to become a US citizen has to do that. i will eventually too. doesn't stop me bring english.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #42
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I must admit to not knowing too much about Murdoch, but I do think that there is generally no smoke without fire and I think to assume that an individual can amass that mush personal wealth and power without making some questionable decisions is a bit naive.

I would certainly be surprised that if there is indeed a God he would 'bless' him anyway!
There's an awful lot out there about him.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #43
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
if you don't like football its because your not very good at it or you have serious issues....nothing anything anybody ever says will ever tell me otherwise.

you read to many newspapers. he just seems like a guy who wants to make allot of money. dont think he is racist, or

also you point about giving up your nationality. everyone who wants to become a US citizen has to do that. i will eventually too. doesn't stop me bring english.

Please tell me you ar being sarcastic?

You really can't be that arrogant and ignorant?!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #44
IvanDrago
Journeyman

The sad thing is when Sky do boxing properly they do it better than anyone. Would've loved to have seen Hatton and Price continue on there.

Personally I blame the F1 more than the football.. I think they blew a ton on securing it and boxing has been one of the sports that's had to pay for it.
IvanDrago is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #45
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:

[quote=dftaylor;14096605]There's an awful lot out there about him.[/quote]

I know there is mate, I am just choosing to wait until all the real dirt comes out (and hopefully at least a little of the truth) before I read up more!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum