Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #46
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I can't stand the football, no interest whatsoever in it.

I have no problem with people who love it, I love boxing, so can understand the passion, but football?..............I just don't 'get' it!

I genuinely only watch the boxing and no other sport.

I must admit to not knowing too much about Murdoch, but I do think that there is generally no smoke without fire and I think to assume that an individual can amass that mush personal wealth and power without making some questionable decisions is a bit naive.

I would certainly be surprised that if there is indeed a God he would 'bless' him anyway!
i really don't understand how people can only enjoy one sport and not appreciate others.

i think it's just the popular thing to do to "hate" on anyone thats successful. look at it another way, Murdoch must employ close to a million people worldwide, and theres even more people who's pensions are invested in his companies, so he has a duty to those people to make sure his companies remain successful.

no doubt murdoch is not a perfect guy, but he is not the worst. i honestly think most people would do the things he has done if they had the intelligence and work ethic.

lets be real our countries wealth is based on far more heinous crimes than Murdoch has ever committed.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #47
Alexandra park
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I subscribe primarily for elite nights, but watching jonny nelson attempt to read the autocue gives me an equal hard on.
Alexandra park is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #48
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=Michael300;14096619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
There's an awful lot out there about him.[/quote]

I know there is mate, I am just choosing to wait until all the real dirt comes out (and hopefully at least a little of the truth) before I read up more!
I think the Sun are planning an expose soon?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #49
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Please tell me you ar being sarcastic?

You really can't be that arrogant and ignorant?!
never met anybody who didn't like football that wasn't

a) strange
b) shit at sports

DFTaylor is both.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #50
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

You should phone Tris Dixon(editor) at Boxing News and tell him about it.Ask him to mention it to Adam Smith because he has a good day with him and they talk a lot.
Tris is really good for listening to what's on fans' minds.I've phoned BN a couple of times and couldn't believe the time he gave up to chat.

You are right mate.It's poor at the minute.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #51
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
i really don't understand how people can only enjoy one sport and not appreciate others.

i think it's just the popular thing to do to "hate" on anyone thats successful. look at it another way, Murdoch must employ close to a million people worldwide, and theres even more people who's pensions are invested in his companies, so he has a duty to those people to make sure his companies remain successful.

no doubt murdoch is not a perfect guy, but he is not the worst. i honestly think most people would do the things he has done if they had the intelligence and work ethic.

lets be real our countries wealth is based on far more heinous crimes than Murdoch has ever committed.
I didn't say I didn't like any other sports, I just don't like football.

Quote:

a) strange
b) shit at sports

DFTaylor is both.
I've never met a Roman Catholic that

a) Wasn't homophobic
b) Racist
c) Didn't rape little boys

Do you know what Jonsey, this generalisation and stereotyping game is pretty good fun!

I can see why you do it so much
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #52
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
You should phone Tris Dixon(editor) at Boxing News and tell him about it.Ask him to mention it to Adam Smith because he has a good day with him and they talk a lot.
Tris is really good for listening to what's on fans' minds.I've phoned BN a couple of times and couldn't believe the time he gave up to chat.

You are right mate.It's poor at the minute.
Skys explanation will be simple.

They gave 2 year deals to 4 promoters starting September 2010. W*rren left, Maloney & Hatton didn't deliver the quality that sky required, so they stuck with Hearn.

They offered a 20 fight deal because thats the max he can put together at the moment without the quality of the product diminishing.

Once Hearn is able to offer a larger number of cards, more cards will be shown.

History tells us this is the way Sky do business with other sports btw and with Boxing.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #53
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:

a) Wasn't homophobic
b) Racist

Do you know what Jonsey, this generalisation and stereotyping game is pretty good fun!

DrMo is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #54
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I didn't say I didn't like any other sports, I just don't like football.

a) Wasn't homophobic
b) Racist

Quote:
I genuinely only watch the boxing and no other sport!
my opinion is genuine based on experience of meeting many people, not just making something up to try and make a point.

are you good at football...yes or no?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #55
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
if you don't like football its because your not very good at it or you have serious issues....nothing anything anybody ever says will ever tell me otherwise.
Even by your standards this is retarded. So, I can't dislike football because I just don't enjoy it? You are a complete tool, Rob.

Quote:
you read to many newspapers. he just seems like a guy who wants to make allot of money. dont think he is racist, or

also you point about giving up your nationality. everyone who wants to become a US citizen has to do that. i will eventually too. doesn't stop me bring english.
You know nothing about him obviously, or why his nationality was such an issue. It's worth reading some of John Pilger's articles about the Murdochs.

I read too many newspapers? You don't read enough anything, I'd factor. He's largely responsible for the current state of the UK's media.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #56
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:

a) strange
b) shit at sports

DFTaylor is both.
Guess I must be a. I admit I'm probably a bit odd.

Can't stand football never could, not enough contact frustrating to play and a snoozefest to watch. From a young age pretty much only followed and participated in combat sports.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #57
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

[quote=Jonsey;14096684]my opinion is genuine based on experience of meeting many people, not just making something up to try and make a point.

are you good at football...yes or no?[/quote]

Used to be pretty good, played in the local league.

Just don't play it anymore, apart from the ocassional kick around with family and friends.

Doesn't mean I like watching it.

I like a good dump now and again, doesn't mean I watch 90 minutes of other people having a dump in HD.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
my opinion is genuine based on experience of meeting many people, not just making something up to try and make a point.

are you good at football...yes or no?
Your opinion is your opinion, something you seem to struggle to understand. So, because you know some people who aren't good at football and don't like it, everyone who dislikes it must do so because they're not good at it?

To base such a broad opinion on your limited experience just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are. Be quiet little boy, adults are talking.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #59
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Even by your standards this is retarded. So, I can't dislike football because I just don't enjoy it? You are a complete tool, Rob.

You know nothing about him obviously, or why his nationality was such an issue. It's worth reading some of John Pilger's articles about the Murdochs.

I read too many newspapers? You don't read enough anything, I'd factor. He's largely responsible for the current state of the UK's media.
yes but that dislike came from not being good at it.

John Pigler is one of the most over the top journos i have come across. i havent read his murdoch stuff though. but like i have said, to become a US citizen you have to renounce the country your from. if you wanna stay in the US perm, you will need to do the same thing.

I here this but i don't see it. Murdoch is quite clear in his support of the republican party yet all UK media is extremely pro Democrat/Obama. If he really controlled the press why would Romney/Bush get such a hard time. You see this on Sky & The Sun two of his companys.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #60
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:

a) strange
b) shit at sports

DFTaylor is both.
You're trying so hard to get a rise out of me. Why is that?

I might be strange, I leave that for others to decide. As for the sports thing, I was all right. Sprinted and did hurdles for my school, played rugby to a decent standard. But my interest was always in arty things - more girls in those classes.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum