Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #16
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: Why is it Rocky Marcianos KO'ed Oppnents went to sleep for a longer time that Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Do you consider Spinks or Holmes the ATG, Web?
Probably talking about Holmes since most (sadly) don't rate Spinks at HW... nor do they have any idea of how good he was at 175. They just know that he got humiliated by Mike and that his brother is a bit of a punchline nowadays...
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #17
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is it Rocky Marcianos KO'ed Oppnents went to sleep for a longer time that Tys

Tyson definitely hit harder

Razor Ruddock suffered a broken jaw and a broken rib within two fights he had with Mike, broke Jesse Furggeson's nose, Mitch Green and Michael Johnson lost some teeth, Mike practically knocked Sammy Scaffs nose off and he nearly caused life threatening injuries to Andrew Golota

Marciano's damage came from sustained beatings against geriatric opponents ... Tyson crippled his victims within the first few rounds ... Marciano is an amateur compared to Tyson
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 AM   #18
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
Probably talking about Holmes since most (sadly) don't rate Spinks at HW... nor do they have any idea of how good he was at 175. They just know that he got humiliated by Mike and that his brother is a bit of a punchline nowadays...
Well, not that I think Spinks was a legit HW great, but he did dethrone my number three heavyweight. And it's not like Mongoose had a better HW win than that, and he was counted for Rock, so...you know.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #19
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
Indeed I was, however you've got me all wrong. I said ATG out of the names listed, and considering Suzie going on about the size difference between Mike and Rocky's opposition, it didn't really seem to be of too much relevance having a blown up light heavyweight into the equation.
Webbiano is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum