Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 350 47.88%
Disagree 381 52.12%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #5521
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Mayweather fans have refuted that Mayweather never had to fight Cotto Margarito Mosley Williams or Manny Pac at 147 ever, because he beat Baldomir back in 06 when he was number one, so he already beat the best, so he don't need to beat any of those other guys.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #5522
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
Floyd has won 0 vacant belts.0 belts at a catchweight..he won ALL his titles from top fighters,why is he so damn underrated on him and a fighter who comes along and wins 2 titles at a catchweight and even a damn vacant belt so praised?
We all know Manny is a fraud, no need to pour salt on the wounds of Pactards.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #5523
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

In time Floyd will be respected. His pre 140 resume is very ****ing good. He will be remembered as the GOAT at 130. I also love how fighters automatically write him off against anyone from the older eras, so ****ing underrated.

I don't think there was really a number one at 154, too open. He could have took an easier fight than Cotto and fought Canelo though. Cotto fight was the best available at the time and a great financial choice.
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #5524
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #5525
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 528
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

So let me get this straight, Mayweather is supposed to have a crystal ball figure out what prime fighters there are in his division, then fight them when he determined with his crystal ball if they'll be considered ATG's by some pactards.

Great Job. If Mayweather has that crystal ball, what the **** is he doing ****ing around in boxing. He can make a lot more money predicting the lottery numbers and sports results for the next 20 years.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #5526
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

You can't argue with this.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #5527
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 528
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

And lol at the TS' question being buttraped by Tliang, he can't name a fight where both fighters were at the time considered ATG's in their prime. WHY? Because in your prime is not when you are declared an ATG, maybe an HOF candidate but not an ATG
Atlanta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #5528
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
Mayweather fans have refuted that Mayweather never had to fight Cotto Margarito Mosley Williams or Manny Pac at 147 ever, because he beat Baldomir back in 06 when he was number one, so he already beat the best, so he don't need to beat any of those other guys.
See you are not telling the entire story. That is the problem with your argument. When you tell the whole story it shuts you down.

Cotto himself said that Arum never offered him a fight with Mayweather. "Never!"

Mosley was offered a fight with Mayweather two times and he turned both of them down and that is a fact that can be proven. Mosley turned down a fight with Floyd the first time bc Mosley was going after Oscar which is understandable. Mosley had a ****ing tooth ache the second time he was offered yet people don't want to state that.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #5529
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,314
vCash: 165
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
sergio could have come down as he offered and beat cotto....technically cotto ain't the best at 154 when floyd fought him.
Would you bet your life that sergio beats Cotto???????. Technicaly what your saying is a stupid ****ing opinion. So technicaly Cotto was the best because he was rated as such.
Xerant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #5530
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Oh yeah, forgot about Williams, too.

But I do understand the point of the Mayweather fans. He did indeed beat some top people. Number one "rated" people. But that in no way means that they were indeed the the "best" people. A person, who didn't know better, reading the quoted post in the OP would be duped into thinking Mayweather fought and beat the nearest challengers in those higher divisions. And we know that isn't the case at all.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #5531
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
See you are not telling the entire story. That is the problem with your argument. When you tell the whole story it shuts you down.

Cotto himself said that Arum never offered him a fight with Mayweather. "Never!"

Mosley was offered a fight with Mayweather two times and he turned both of them down and that is a fact that can be proven. Mosley turned down a fight with Floyd the first time bc Mosley was going after Oscar which is understandable. Mosley had a ****ing tooth ache the second time he was offered yet people don't want to state that.
noo floyd ducked
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #5532
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

compare to Pac.

112 - Sasakul
122 - Ledwaba
126 - Barrera
130 - Morales, Marquez, Barrera
140 - Hatton


That's 5 divisions.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #5533
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
See you are not telling the entire story. That is the problem with your argument. When you tell the whole story it shuts you down.

Cotto himself said that Arum never offered him a fight with Mayweather. "Never!"

Mosley was offered a fight with Mayweather two times and he turned both of them down and that is a fact that can be proven. Mosley turned down a fight with Floyd the first time bc Mosley was going after Oscar which is understandable. Mosley had a ****ing tooth ache the second time he was offered yet people don't want to state that.
I don't get into the whole, why fights didn't happen.
I agree floyd was very avoided before his delahoya fight because he was a very high risk and didnt come with the financial reward you get fighting him now.
And i agree i don't think cotto was keen back then.

But the point is, floyd beat the number one in each division. but he didn't beat the best in each division. And my point is, in all sports, especially boxing, the two can be seperate
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #5534
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

you love to spin shit. When one of Manny's opponents is a top p4p guy but not ranked in the division you love to point it out, but when the next guy is ranked high in the division you conveniently forget to mention it.

haters gonna hate.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #5535
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
compare to Pac.

112 - Sasakul
122 - Ledwaba
126 - Barrera
130 - Morales, Marquez, Barrera
140 - Hatton


That's 5 divisions.
And that's the thing. Those Sasakul and Ledwaba wins -- even if they were against the best in the division -- mean very little to me compared to his wins against Cotto, Bradley, Marg, etc, who weren't considered the best.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013