Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
sinol
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Riddick Bowe vs Mike Tyson

tyson all day long......... bowe didnt have the style to beat tyson...and his right hand wasnt straight= it was looped kinda like ken norton= thats great aginst tall fighters like jorge gonazales but against a guy thats dipping down whos only 5 foot 11 not a great attribute//////////////////// TOTALLY WRONG STYLE FOR BOWE/ AND BOWE IS WAY TO EASY TO GET HIT...PIERRE COETZER HIIT BOWE EASILY ALL DAY LONG= MIKE TYSON HITS WAY HARDER AND FASTER TAHN PIERRE COETZER.
sinol is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #32
sinol
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky42791 View Post
Tyson would mess bowe up, he'd get on the inside and tear that body up before going upstairs with hooks, uppercuts, and overhand rights. The tyson of the ruddock fights was tough as nails did you see the shots he took from ruddock?!?! he ate smashes for breakfast and came back for seconds. His head movement was much less but he still had quick hand and foot speed although he wasnt throwing punches in bunches like vintage tyson. Still he would put 2-3 together he still worked the body giachetti had tyson in very good physical condition every time he fought. Tyson by late KO

THIS GUY GOT IT SPOT ON
sinol is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #33
sinol
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etm View Post
#1 ruddock sucked.
#2 bowe used both hands and put his shots together in combination. Tyson was able to take one big punch very well but when he was getting peppered consistantly we know his offense went south.
i wouldnt say ruddock sucked/ and i would say ruddock hit way harder than bowe.............and janks morton told me that ruddock got the bettr of bowe in sparring( bowe was ruddocks sparring partner when ruddock fought bonecrusher) dont believe me look in the ring after ruddock crusified bonecrushwer...bowe congrats razor...........and bowe ducked razor to fight yes u got it phil brown..............bowe ducked razor ruddock= he remembered those sparring sessions and didnt want to taste the smash with out headgear...

Last edited by sinol; 10-27-2012 at 02:16 AM.
sinol is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #34
Wenpire
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Tyson from the Ruddock fight no longer had the combos and head movement that made him so great, but IMO he was still a dangerous force. I'd say Tyson TKO late.
Wenpire is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #35
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Tyson of the Ruddock fights steps in the ring with a prime Riddick Bowe of the first Holyfield fight

Who wins this?

Personally I doubt Bowe would ever fight him ... He was from the same hood as Mike and knew that Tyson was someone not to be trifled with ... And Tyson was refocused and displayed the hunger of the old Tyson of the late 80s

Tyson TKO in the 4th round
Bowe does what Douglas did. Bowe's manager wanted this fight in the 1990's. Tyson braintrust did not. Tyson was at his best from 1986-1988.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #36
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenpire View Post
Tyson from the Ruddock fight no longer had the combos and head movement that made him so great, but IMO he was still a dangerous force. I'd say Tyson TKO late.
Welcome to the board. Tyson did not stop anyone late though. Tyson in his prime seemed to lose some of his steam past round six. He was essentially a front runner type, who lacked intangibles.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #37
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

lol Douglas didn't let Tyson get on the inside, Bowe with his nonexistent defense and inclination to infighting would be a big target for Tyson

And Tyson would actually train for the Bowe fight unlike the Douglas fight. Bowe and Tyson actually agreed not to fight since they were from the same hood so GTFO with that nonsense klittard

Tyson still showed some head movement and combination punching when he fought Ruddock ... the TKO in the first fight came from a vicious Tyson combo

Bowe would be slurring his speech even more today if he ever fought Tyson
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #38
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Tyson did not stop anyone late though. Tyson in his prime seemed to lose some of his steam past round six. He was essentially a front runner type, who lacked intangibles.
That was because most of the guys had already been knocked out or were already in survival mode and were determined to hear the final bell.
Flip the script, how many of Tysons opponents made it past 7 rounds? only a handful

The greatest example of Tysons power late in the fight, is the Douglas fight. One short, sweet uppercut and Douglas was on his ass. I think that was the latest knockdown hes ever had.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #39
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I trained with Riddick Bowe at the same gym in Brockton, Ma for 3 years. He always told me that Mike Tyson ducked him. He also said Andrew Golota's shots to the balls caused him severe internal problems downstairs for life confirmed by the doctors. He called Golota a "faggot"
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #40
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

yeah im sure he ducked him

he went to jail for 4 years to avoid fighting riddick bowe

tyson would've given him even more internal damage from his body assault if they ever did fight
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #41
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
I trained with Riddick Bowe at the same gym in Brockton, Ma for 3 years. He always told me that Mike Tyson ducked him. He also said Andrew Golota's shots to the balls caused him severe internal problems downstairs for life confirmed by the doctors. He called Golota a "faggot"
Thats funny because there is an interview online somewhere where Bowe stated that he didnt duck Chicken sh*t (Lewis) and hed fight him anywhere, but he agreed not to fight Mike because they were form the same hood.

Tyson never ducked Bowe. before Prison Tyson was facing Razor Ruddock who was seen as the most dangerous challenger (and a guy Tyson had been accused of duckign in 89), he then had Holyfield scheduled next. Bowe was still an upcoming prospect

Tyson is released from prison, Bowe beats Holyfield, Tyson wins 2 titles. Bowe/Tyson were on a bit of a collision course, but then Holyfield beat Tyson and Golota retired Bowe. The rest is history.

PS There is a video on Youtube at the Tyson/Ruddock weigh in with Bowe in the background yelling 'Mike Mike' and Tyson gives him some sort of gangster hand signal
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #42
diesel
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

tyson wins all day long...bowe didnt have the style to beat tyson/ and tyson still beats the fuk outta him on the inside.
diesel is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #43
diesel
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Bowe does what Douglas did. Bowe's manager wanted this fight in the 1990's. Tyson braintrust did not. Tyson was at his best from 1986-1988.
bowe ducked razor ruddock= mike tyson fought ruddock 2 times in 100 days......dont ever say team tyson ducked bowe...in fact bowe ducked ruddock to fight phil fukin brown
diesel is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #44
diesel
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
did u kiss bowe???? did u believe bowe...one thing in life dont belive everything you hear/
diesel is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #45
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

Shame on those picking Bowe here. Bowe was never a defensive genius even at his best in the first Holyfield fight. That was Bowe's greatest performance. Can you imagine Bowe staying in the pocket and being clipped by Tyson's arsenal instead of Holyfield's? It would be epic but eventually somethings gotta give.

Tyson KO 9 Bowe
Sardu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum