Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.29%
Disagree 362 51.71%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #5116
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 571251
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanthony View Post
how can i argue with such genius.

Because of rankings, beating number 1 ranked baldomir makes you more of a warrior than fighting bradley or clottey.

And cotto at 154 is a more impressive win that martinez at 154 because he was #1.

Again how can i argue with this.
martinez hasnt been at 154 in damn near 4 years

who in the hell has clottey ever defeated??oh and he lost to baldomir


and bradley beat manny


no way can you say manny has been fighting better comp when he simply has not,he cant even dominate ****ing jmm
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #5117
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 571251
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
i just want one question answered

was there ever a p4p #1 superstar like pacquiao who took on fighters coming off vicious losses and put in unnecessary catchweights?

im sorry but i have high standards when it comes to being ranked p4p as there are literally thousands of world rated boxers that are competing for the prestigious title

and the above 2 things just dont cut it
No he refuses to even fight Cotto who he already beat without a catchweight,that is ridiculous
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #5118
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 165
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
Mayweather fans have refuted that Mayweather never had to fight Cotto Margarito Mosley Williams or Manny Pac at 147 ever, because he beat Baldomir back in 06 when he was number one, so he already beat the best, so he don't need to beat any of those other guys.
Im not, but in all those names you mention theres only williams at one point that i was very interested on how floyd would deal with all he was bringing.
Xerant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #5119
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
They are the best at that time bc the number states it. Anything else is just an opinion? Who do you think is the best at 147 right now?

By Your logic Bradley is the best at 147.

By My Logic i think Manny or Floyd are the best.

By your logic. A fighter could avoid manny and floyd, fight and beat Bradley. And his fans could say. He doesn't need to fight Manny and Floyd. He fought the Best in Bradley.

Just cos your number one. It doesn't mean your the best.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #5120
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,137
vCash: 816
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
like i said, i'm not getting into why they happened.

You asked me which could have potentially happened, and they are the ones.
Tszyu was pretty much done by the time Floyd hit 140.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #5121
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 571251
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
like i said, i'm not getting into why they happened.

You asked me which could have potentially happened, and they are the ones.
but it makes 0 sense and i told you why,so in essence you answered your own question cause thats why it didnt happen...hell they either lost or ducked floyd
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #5122
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 571251
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Tszyu was pretty much done by the time Floyd hit 140.
pretty much done??he had a fork in him he was done in 2005 and floyd just moved up in 2004 when kosta fought mitchell for a second time,then he lost to Hatton and retired so exactly when was floyd suppose to fight him,why do people even mention this??floyd had been called him out
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #5123
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerant View Post
Im not, but in all those names you mention theres only williams at one point that i was very interested on how floyd would deal with all he was bringing.

williams and margo imo.

I'd love to see how floyd would have faired against the margo that beat cotto. That would have been a great fight.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #5124
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,137
vCash: 816
Default Re: How come Floyd has never fought a Prime ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
pretty much done??he had a fork in him
I agree with that.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #5125
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,131
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

I had Mayweather winning the first Castillo fight by two points and I despise Mayweather.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #5126
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,686
vCash: 500
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
i refute it easily,ill take quality over quantity, those same 4 years manny has done jackshit outside of his cotto win

floyds 4 fights were all quality against top comp and current champions.......



WHO WAS THE LAST CURRENT CHAMP MANNY FACED IN HIS DIVISION?? THATS RIGHT 2009 COTTO..IT IS 2012..SINCE 2009 FLOYD HAS FACED 3 CURRENT CHAMPION..3 CURRENT CHAMPION IN 2 DIFFERENT DIVISIONS
id rather watch a great fighter fight once a year and take on a tough mofo

then 2 or 3 times a year fighting cherry picked fighters

edit: but if your fav fighter is doing the latter you will always get enjoyment watching him blow some poor guy out of the water
Barrera is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #5127
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,549
vCash: 239
Default Re: people say floyd cherry picks but manny is a warrior?answer me this

Floyd is may favourite active fighter but i avoid discussing him like the plague. Its just not worth it.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #5128
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,395
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
By Your logic Bradley is the best at 147.

By My Logic i think Manny or Floyd are the best.

By your logic. A fighter could avoid manny and floyd, fight and beat Bradley. And his fans could say. He doesn't need to fight Manny and Floyd. He fought the Best in Bradley.

Just cos your number one. It doesn't mean your the best.
Bradley didn't beat the number 1 guy. He beat the number 2 guy and that is a fact. Floyd beat the number 1 ranked guy in the division which was Mosley. He beat Ortiz after that. Manny fought a guy who wasn't ranked at 147 and was giving a gift. (JMM) Try again brah.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #5129
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,686
vCash: 500
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
Wasn't Pac at 126 at that time
yes he was sorry got a little mixed up (hard to imagine seeing as this gets talked about everyday)

but my point still is valid, manny walks away from testing and floyd walks to the next best thing
Barrera is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #5130
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Bradley didn't beat the number 1 guy. He beat the number 2 guy and that is a fact. Floyd beat the number 1 ranked guy in the division which was Mosley. He beat Ortiz after that. Manny fought a guy who wasn't ranked at 147 and was giving a gift. (JMM) Try again brah.

but he went up to 147, gave up his belt and his ranking
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013