boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 216 81.51%
No. 17 6.42%
I used to. 32 12.08%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #42751
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Sr: Little Floyd would be a beast at 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Floyd is smaller than Alvarado and Peterson and around the same size as Amir Khan who all fight at 140. Floyd trains and eats whatever he wants to make 147 and according to his assistant, they have to manage how many miles Floyd runs because he would run too much and get too small.

Add this to the fact that he came out of jail smaller than he was when he got in, he could easily make 140
truth^^

Floyd could have made weight against JMM too, he just chose not to do so. Any person suggesting floyd couldn't make weight at 140lb is a fool. He could have done it back then and wouldn't find it hard to cut a few pounds now.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #42752
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
Pac would beat every one of those top 10 Jr.FWs.

seriously.
You`re a complete joke if you seriously believe that.

Gomez & Morales would tool the **** out of him at 122... Morales was past his best at 130 when he did beat pac in 2005 & that version of pac was a better fighter than he was at 122, he was too ragged at 122 & Morales was at his peak there, Morales would punish the **** out of him at that weight, stop being a ****, look at how many posts you have, stop acting like a know nothing troll.

Gomez would destroy pacquiao at 122, enough said there.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #42753
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

The Barrera that took Morales to the wire at 122 in 2000 would beat pacquiao at that weight as well IMO & I don`t even like Barrera but he would beat pac at that weight I think.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #42754
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4life11 View Post
Mattysse would murder floyd but the rest he beats
Mattysse .. Ha

Mattysse does not hit harder then Mosley, oscar or cotto .. Mattysse power was just a slightly above zab's, even then he needed zab power and speed to slow down before he could even contend zab and this is a an aged Zab where talking about.

In any case Mattysse is not going to beat floyd, Mattysse only weapon is power and Floyd takes a good punch .

He stops Mattysse with in 8
pit is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #42755
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

At 37 years of age ? yeah right !!!Floyd Sr is really out of touch with his son's career, Which is the reason he's not training him.. its been 7 year since floyd made 140, no way he tries to make that weight now.
pit is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #42756
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
You're kidding me right?

The slow,plodding slugger that an old Judah beats, is someone who scares Floyd???

Floyd,who is fresh off beating maybe the best 154lbs'er in the world, is scared of a slow 140lbs'er.....ok....whatever you say.
cotto the best 154lber?

good grief.

both cotto and pbf are not legit 154's and thats why canelo wants to fight them. he has as much chance of beating them than he does trout, kirkland, molina, lara, vanes and bundrage but with a greater risk-to-reward benefit.

mayweather sr. is just stating what knowledgeable guys here understand. both cotto and pbf are 147's fighting at 154 because of opportunity.

kudos to cotto for taking on trout to solidify where he actually stands as a 154.

this division has the most parity in all of boxing in which lara is probably the best.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #42757
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
floyd claimed to have lost 15 pounds that's why he can't commit to a pac fight even for next year. if his walk-around weight is 155-156, then he would be around 140-141 pounds right now.
you have never been in a weight room in your entire life if you believe this absurd statement. you cannot lose 15 pounds in two months if you eat, do push-ups and pull-ups. the only way floyd lost 15 pounds is if he didnt eat or excersize which he most certainly did.

this is pbf's way of trying to tell unsuspecting people that he doenst want to fight right now.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #42758
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i feel floyd is more of a 140 fighter, then 154

but 147 was where the money was at, and even then, he was made to go up to 154, which was a major disadvantage, and beat a game Oscar who i think would of beat a 154 Cotto that night.

just wish there was another 140 wbc champ instead of Gatti. we could of had floyd in a FOTY with someone else. not a one sided beat down.

cause till this day you still see, 'his going to get gatti'd', it was so one sided. floyd was very lucky to only have gatti to beat but that was prime hungry floyd, anyone in his way, he would of beat handily, maybe by TKO.

prime hungry young floyd was freking beast, wish i knew enough to watch his fights live back then.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #42759
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
you have never been in a weight room in your entire life if you believe this absurd statement. you cannot lose 15 pounds in two months if you eat, do push-ups and pull-ups. the only way floyd lost 15 pounds is if he didnt eat or excersize which he most certainly did.

this is pbf's way of trying to tell unsuspecting people that he doenst want to fight right now.
the thing is Floyd didn't really eat much in jail. The doctor who came in to visit him estimated that he was getting less than 800 calories a day
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #42760
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

we need more hard hitting crack head interviews from floyd sr, keep em coming
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #42761
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
140 Floyd would be tooling kids all day long. Matthyse, Garcia, Rios would leave on a stretcher.
The last time he fought at 140 was 7 years ago, moving down after his body got used to 147+ will spell doom for him regardless of opponent. He couldn't make the 142 catchweight for Marquez and had to pay(literally) for it.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #42762
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 79905

Floyd couldn't make weight against JMM was prolly due to the long laid off but suppose he did lose 15lbs of muscle then 140 is easy to achieve for him. There are some big names coming up at 140 but i don't see any of them troubling Floyd though.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #42763
SoxNation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post

I don't feel like explaining it, but you can lose 15 pounds in two months. You can lose 15 pounds in a matter of weeks actually.
SoxNation is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #42764
borj
the Pacific Storm
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1588

Amm.. His a bandwagon fan more than a filipino.. I mean, alot of other nationalities make stupid comments and for you to post it in a forum tells us what kind of child you really are.

On a side note: i don't entirely agree with the article itself. Best super bantamweight of all time, has caballero, nishioka, and bungu.. I didn't think this division, with all of its history, sucked big time

Great picks for the top 3 btw
borj is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #42765
borj
the Pacific Storm
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tremendous View Post
I have heard this from several Filipino fans, so what? A ton of African Americans I've talked to say Mike Tyson is the GOAT, and a ton of Mexicans I've talked to think JCC and Cesar Chavez are the same person and the greatest boxer to have ever lived. So what?

These are casual boxing fans, who cares what race they are. Why are you bringing it up in your title?
My thoughts exactly
borj is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum