Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #31
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
There you go again Jonsey spouting out views, guesses and opinions as if they are facts!

When will you learn?

Just how on earth do you know that Sky will increase Matchroom to 35 shows a year? What do you base this on? You are just grabbing figures out of the air and using them to support your argument! (Nothing new there then).

Yes I agree if in a fantasy world your figures were correct we'd probably all be happy, but we don't live in that world.

We are complaining about now!

It is rubbish what Sky are doing, I have been with them twenty years and it has never been this bad for boxing coverage.

You can disagree if you want but I am completely entitled to my
opinion and it is based on experience, you cannot tell me my feelings are wrong on the subject!
Your also a subscriber of BN? And you obviously have channel 5, so your not missing out on any boxing Michael.

Sky are not going to increase the amount of boxing they show until Hearn grows his stable IMO.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #32
Vyborg1917
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 893
vCash: 161
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

The dearth of international cards is shocking. I know BN has mostly got that covered, but some still slip through the net.
Vyborg1917 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #33
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Your also a subscriber of BN? And you obviously have channel 5, so your not missing out on any boxing Michael.

Sky are not going to increase the amount of boxing they show until Hearn grows his stable IMO.
I agree with you that thanks to the efforts of other channels (mainly Boxnation) I am able to catch most of the boxing I want to see.

However thats not my point really.

As much as I like Boxnation and am really chuffed to finally have a dedicated boxing channel, it shouldn't really be necessary should it?!

My point is that because Sky used to support boxing they bought the rights to many of the big overseas fights, the ones that were predominantly shown on ITV.

Ok thats fine then I thought, Sky is the place for boxing, ok I have to pay a bit for it but its worth it if I'm guaranteed to see most of the big fights.

With this transfer of boxing away from terrestrial the interest in the general public gradually declined, surely nobody can deny that the fact that it was no longer avaiable in most of Britains homes made alot of people lose interest in it.

So there we were, Sky showed the fights and we paid more and more each year for the privilage.

Now they decide to cut back on the output, and reduce the number of promoters they use to just one.

This is bad.

Boxnation shouldn't actually be needed if Sky did their job properly!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
You are actually wrong Jonsey (no surprise there).

Both HBO and Showtime are not sports channels, they are multi-platform channels dedicated to showing a variety of material.

Yes they show some boxing, but it is some way down their agenda; they primarily show films and tv dramas.

They are actually more like ITV if anything.

Sky Sports is a dedicated SPORTS channel, end of.

They SHOULD be showing more boxing than these individual channels.

I don't see how you work out that I am "wrong" especually when I also mentioned ESPN who are exactly the same as Sky Sports. So as a dedicated Sports channel Sky Sports are showing as much as there US equivilent.

I know what HBO & Showtime are because I have subscriptions to them in my apartment in US.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
unknown1
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

When Ppv comes back we will see more money invest back into input in boxing on sky
unknown1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
I don't see how you work out that I am "wrong" especually when I also mentioned ESPN who are exactly the same as Sky Sports. So as a dedicated Sports channel Sky Sports are showing as much as there US equivilent.

I know what HBO & Showtime are because I have subscriptions to them in my apartment in US.

Wow Jonsey, you are so cool!

I can read you like a book Jonsey (and its not a particularly good read), the way you write, the things you say, even your avatar, they are all so bloody obvious!
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #37
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
There you go again Jonsey spouting out views, guesses and opinions as if they are facts!

When will you learn?

Just how on earth do you know that Sky will increase Matchroom to 35 shows a year? What do you base this on? You are just grabbing figures out of the air and using them to support your argument! (Nothing new there then).

Yes I agree if in a fantasy world your figures were correct we'd probably all be happy, but we don't live in that world.

We are complaining about now!

It is rubbish what Sky are doing, I have been with them twenty years and it has never been this bad for boxing coverage.

You can disagree if you want but I am completely entitled to my
opinion and it is based on experience, you cannot tell me myy feelings are wrong on the subject!
Michael some of your posts are so epic! you just told me I am wrong and then start crying about how your entitled to your opinion!

I can actually back it up with history. Look at another sport delivered by Mathroom to Sky Sports in the darts. Sky used to show a limited amount of darts and they increased as the quality of the product improved alongside the viewing figures. The same has happend with pretty much every other sport on Sky. Thats why there used to be 1 sports channel and now theres 5. Also Matchroom used to have a 10 card per year deal with Sky and that got doubled because they delivered quality.

You see it as Sky pulling out of boxing, but I see it as Sky pulling out of the bad boxing promoter business.

Also Sky are a business so they will always make decisions based on profit. If they have a Boxing promoter who delivers a quality product that gets high viewing figures then they would be stupid not to up the amount of dates on offer.

I do understand your frustrations Michael as like you I am a fantatical boxing fan, and even though I wont be living in this country in 6 weeks time I also care about the state of British Boxing. I just beleive that the likes of W*rren and Maloney have been a cancer to the sport and Hattons were going to be no different. Its short term pain for long term gain.

The sport can only improve with Hearn in the driving seat and young forward thinking promoters like Coldwell, Fearon and Woods coming through working with him.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #38
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
I agree with you that thanks to the efforts of other channels (mainly Boxnation) I am able to catch most of the boxing I want to see.

However thats not my point really.

As much as I like Boxnation and am really chuffed to finally have a dedicated boxing channel, it shouldn't really be necessary should it?!

My point is that because Sky used to support boxing they bought the rights to many of the big overseas fights, the ones that were predominantly shown on ITV.

Ok thats fine then I thought, Sky is the place for boxing, ok I have to pay a bit for it but its worth it if I'm guaranteed to see most of the big fights.

With this transfer of boxing away from terrestrial the interest in the general public gradually declined, surely nobody can deny that the fact that it was no longer avaiable in most of Britains homes made alot of people lose interest in it.

So there we were, Sky showed the fights and we paid more and more each year for the privilage.

Now they decide to cut back on the output, and reduce the number of promoters they use to just one.

This is bad.

Boxnation shouldn't actually be needed if Sky did their job properly!
You have Sky just for Boxing? Pretty much everyone I know has it for Football and programmes, the rest is a bonus.

Boxnation shouldn't be needed if Sky did they're job properly?

Frank W had plenty of shows on Sky, but he chose to leave! And I'm glad we don't have to put up with anymore awful PPV cards.

Sicne going to BN he's put on about 1 domestic card a month, and they have been of terrible quality.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #39
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Jonesy why are you lowering yourself down to Michele300? She doesn't need you to kneel down to suck her dick, she removed ribs, so she can do it herself. So just let him be.

Also....also, also, also, also....also (as Tyson Fury says) why are you being drawn into arguments? I thought you were a proud christian?
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #40
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Wow Jonsey, you are so cool!

I can read you like a book Jonsey (and its not a particularly good read), the way you write, the things you say, even your avatar, they are all so bloody obvious!
PM me and enlighten me. Your turning this thread into a hate session against me.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #41
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Jonesy why are you lowering yourself down to Michele300? She doesn't need you to kneel down to suck her dick, she removed ribs, so she can do it herself. So just let him be.

Also....also, also, also, also....also (as Tyson Fury says) why are you being drawn into arguments? I thought you were a proud christian?
Being a Christian doesn't mean you cannot enjoy debate on a boxing forum.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #42
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Maloney and Hatton were given a chance to put on better cards, they kept feeding us fat Latvians, It's they're own fault.
but not ours and sky havent replaced the boxing content. its their fault they only have one promoter who doesnt have a big enough stable and isnt putting on quality match ups, i feel shortchanged. Its not the point if other channels have it, I want sky to have more, as a boxing fan i want lots of channels to show more boxing, but sky have cut there's in quantity and quality, thats why im disgruntled
JamieC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #43
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Wow Jonsey, you are so cool!

I can read you like a book Jonsey (and its not a particularly good read), the way you write, the things you say, even your avatar, they are all so bloody obvious!
tbf rob he's got a point there, why mention an apartment in the US?
JamieC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #44
flatulent_bob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 476
vCash: 498
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post

Sky Sports is a dedicated SPORTS channel, end of.

They SHOULD be showing more boxing than these individual channels.

Why should they?
They show plenty of Sports content, a vast percentage of subscribers tell sky they aren't interested in Boxing. Therefore why should they show more?
It's so simple, I can't understand what the problem is understanding it.
Viewing figures weren't great, Sky cut the budget accordingly, therefore less money available for shows.
flatulent_bob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #45
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky boxing - Quantity or quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Jonesy why are you lowering yourself down to Michele300? She doesn't need you to kneel down to suck her dick, she removed ribs, so she can do it herself. So just let him be.

Also....also, also, also, also....also (as Tyson Fury says) why are you being drawn into arguments? I thought you were a proud christian?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013