Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 356 47.98%
Disagree 386 52.02%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #5626
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
The Barrera that took Morales to the wire at 122 in 2000 would beat pacquiao at that weight as well IMO & I don`t even like Barrera but he would beat pac at that weight I think.
I dont think so!
Pacquiao is wired to dominate fighters who rely heavily on the left hand.

Pacquiao being southpaw focuses on taking away a conventional fighters left jab and hook. If you cant throw and land the right hand with force and consistency, you become easy pickings for a physical southpaw dynamo like Pacquiao, just see the MAB, DLH, Hatton, and Cotto fights.

I said on this very board weeks before the DLH fight that if Pacquiao's weight on fightnight was within 8 lbs of DLH's, he'd destroy DLH worst than MAB!

MAB at his best would have to catch Pacquiao at his worst, and even that might not be enough!
divac is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #5627
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

My top 5 are:

Gomez
Morales
Barrera
Zaragoza
vazquez sr

almost on par with d ring. wtf?

In regards to Pacquiao, his brief reign in the 122 IBF belt was satisfactory and could have unified and dominated the weight class, but he opted to fight above 122 because his body is growing that he no longer wanted to drain more weight but instead move up to a comfortable weight at 126 and get some bigger fish to fry. hello marco antonio barrera.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #5628
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy147 View Post
Just face it, Floyd ducked every fighter in every weight class apart from the 43 that he faced. This seems to be the theory on this forum!!

People just list fighters that he never faced and blame Floyd. even though Cotto admitted he never called out Floyd and Shane admitted he pulled out of the fight they both get named on a daily basis as guys Floyd ducked.

Pacmans record at 130 and below for me is great and his win against Cotto even at the catch weight is a great win. JMM will always have his number and vice versa no shame in that JMM really is a great fighter.

Floyd has an excellent record overall but lacks the defining fight. A win over Pac/Sergio would seal his legacy. Most of Floyd's wins come against fighters that most on esb have never heard of. They see Coralles and castillio and think they know them because they watched round 10 of their first fight, they have never heard of Hernandez etc.
Becasuse they haven't been watching boxing for very long. That's why this hindsight "wisdom" that everybody seems to possess is bullshit.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #5629
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
i disagree.

He's fought ATG that were past it like Mosley and DeLaHoya
And many HOF's who were prime like Castillo Coralles Hatton Cotto.

But no prime ATG's

Still a great resume.

Just missing the huge win

Good F**king lord man. There is no such thing as Prime ATG! No one in history were classify as an ATG that damn early. Do you not understand what kind of non-sense you are talking about?

Below are examples of the non-sense that u are trying to say that Floyd doesn't have these types of victories.

Example1:
If they exist then I guess Mercado draw an ATG against Bhop in prime was a huge achievement then huh. Or that Jones Jr beat a Green but physical primed Bhop is a ATG victory for Jones Jr.

Bhop was not considered as an ATG that early.

New example after edit: Lennox Lewis in his prime getting beat by McCall = in prime ATG victory????

Example2:
I guess Junior Jones held two wins over Antonio Barrera means he should be a high ATG with two massive wins over a prime "ATG" Barrera in his early 20s.

Barrera was not considered an ATG that early

Example3:
Trinidad beating Oscar in their prime is not an ATG victory bc they were both NOT considered as ATGs at the time. Both of them only have wins over past prime guys like Whitaker, Camacho, and Chavez.

Example4: Singurat beating a 21 year old pac = Singurat have a ATG in prime victory???

There are many many example where a "ATG" fighter have lost in their prime due to them being Green or didn't start to get big wins until later in their career. So by u (john) saying that Floyd is missing out these matches are meaningless bc you should judge the fight at that POINT OF TIME and what were the circumstances.

Last edited by tliang1000; 10-30-2012 at 03:58 PM.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #5630
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Can somebody try to refute this statement on mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Oh yeah, forgot about Williams, too.

But I do understand the point of the Mayweather fans. He did indeed beat some top people. Number one "rated" people. But that in no way means that they were indeed the the "best" people. A person, who didn't know better, reading the quoted post in the OP would be duped into thinking Mayweather fought and beat the nearest challengers in those higher divisions. And we know that isn't the case at all.
I can tell you wern't watching boxing at the time, if you're bringing up Williams. People who were actually watching boxing at that time remember that EVERYBODY except 2 fighters wanted to fight him from 147 to 160.

I really wish people would stop bringing up Williams when nobody wanted to fight this dude.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #5631
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Was it *****_ni_numbnuts?

Nothing against Pacquiao himself, but his fans are a disgrace, generally. Really do him a disservice.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #5632
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
THE WALL OF SHAME - TEN MOST FREQUENT POSTERS IN THIS THREAD:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 2,389

Thatman/Mrpacman 154
puga_ni_nana 117
JohnAnthony 75
turbotime 70
D4thincarnation 59
bballchump11 57
tliang1000 46
larryx2012 40
oibighead 38
Hands of Iron 36
What's the threads created breakdown?
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #5633
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

can anybody put up the link to fobs crying over the decision of pacquiao and bradley?
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #5634
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
I dont think so!
Pacquiao is wired to dominate fighters who rely heavily on the left hand.

Pacquiao being southpaw focuses on taking away a conventional fighters left jab and hook. If you cant throw and land the right hand with force and consistency, you become easy pickings for a physical southpaw dynamo like Pacquiao, just see the MAB, DLH, Hatton, and Cotto fights.

I said on this very board weeks before the DLH fight that if Pacquiao's weight on fightnight was within 8 lbs of DLH's, he'd destroy DLH worst than MAB!

MAB at his best would have to catch Pacquiao at his worst, and even that might not be enough!
Agreed. No surprise Pacs 2 biggest losses have come against right hand dominant fighters
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #5635
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
The Barrera that took Morales to the wire at 122 in 2000 would beat pacquiao at that weight as well IMO & I don`t even like Barrera but he would beat pac at that weight I think.
wow!

pac would have smashed barrera at any weight. barrera basically fought a 122 version of pac.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #5636
Shrewd Operator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

In fairness pacquiao maybe deserved a mention..
Shrewd Operator is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #5637
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You`re a complete joke if you seriously believe that.

Gomez & Morales would tool the shit out of him at 122... Morales was past his best at 130 when he did beat pac in 2005 & that version of pac was a better fighter than he was at 122, he was too ragged at 122 & Morales was at his peak there, Morales would punish the shit out of him at that weight, stop being a cunt, look at how many posts you have, stop acting like a know nothing troll.

Gomez would destroy pacquiao at 122, enough said there.
I agree that at 122 Erik would have been too much for that version of Manny.....but when we compare the absolute best version of Pac and the very best version of Morales....Pac is easily the superior fighter....not matter what weight division you decided to have them square off in.

Fact is, Manny didn't hut his peak until 140.....he was still a force to be dealt with at every division he rolled through...but he didn't peak as a complete fighter, at his physical peak until after the DLH fight.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #5638
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
reported.
Reported for what??
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #5639
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 105

Title is not racist but may rile up some filipino's in same way if I made a thread saying "black fan homo for Floyd". There's no need to bring up the nationality into it, doing so is just alluding to the idea that all pactards are filipino's or in this case all Filipino's are clueless about boxing.

I will explain why at this current state, there are more Pacquiao and Filipino fans who dont know shit about boxing than any other set of fans out there. That is because Pac is huge in the Philippines, think 60mil+ fans, how many of them can you expect to be die hard fans? 99% of them dont watch anyone else but Pac, that's what mainstream is.

In the same sense, Mike Tyson had more DKSAB fans than did Bernard Hopkins. Thats because Tyson will attract a guy off the street who DKSAB to watch him, Hopkins meanwhile will only attract hardcore boxing fans who knows their shit.

It's a game of probability, the more fans you have, the more likely you are gonna have clueless fans.

In this instance, Pac has literally 100 times more fans than any other fighter out there right now, maybe more. Take a whole country with a population of 90 mil with at least half of them knowing his name and watches his fights.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #5640
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
I agree that at 122 Erik would have been too much for that version of Manny.....but when we compare the absolute best version of Pac and the very best version of Morales....Pac is easily the superior fighter....not matter what weight division you decided to have them square off in.

Fact is, Manny didn't hut his peak until 140.....he was still a force to be dealt with at every division he rolled through...but he didn't peak as a complete fighter, at his physical peak until after the DLH fight.
Manny only looked better because he fought shot fighters (Mosley, Oscar) or guys with weak chins (Hatton, Cotto)

****ing cherry picked 40 yr old Marquez outboxed his ass almost as bad as old Morales did

What changed? Manny was landing right hooks against Sanchez and Old Morales.....the difference was, they could take them and throw back.
turbotime is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum