Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Macco
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Arm conditoning

In my first fight last Thursday i noticed in the last round especially my arms felt so heavy i couldn't throw many punch's because my arms were just like dead.

I want to be able to throw combinations throughout the whole fight, i do alt of sprint work but really the sprints will just be good on my legs not my arms as much?

my legs were like jelly but my arms were twice as bad ha ha

Need some workout to increase punching endurance combinations throughout the whole fight or as good as!

Anyone got any tips and exercises?
Macco is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535
Default Re: Arm conditoning

Learn howto punch properly, if you did your arms wouldnt feel anything!

Arms deliver the force they dont contribute to it. If they do contribute you dont know how to punch.
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

it's general fatigue on your entire body , that's all/

conditioning is your friend.
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
Learn howto punch properly, if you did your arms wouldnt feel anything!

Arms deliver the force they dont contribute to it. If they do contribute you dont know how to punch.
Correct me if im wrong but isnt it from the hips that the power starts?
noobboxer_88 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobboxer_88 View Post
Correct me if im wrong but isnt it from the hips that the power starts?
Below the hips, they can't move otherwise.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
cambay411

Speed bag, heavy bag (4 rounds each at least). Do some shoulder exercises with wieghts like military press (once a week). Run with 5 pound wieghts in your hands. Take 10 pound dumbells and raise them straight out in front of you or to your side while keeping your arms straight as many reps as you can. When your on the heavy bag, speed bag or mitts do burn outs the last 30 seconds, meaning punch as fast as you can for the last 30 seconds.
cambay411 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
cambay411

Also when your sparring or fighting make sure you breath. If your not breathing then it doesnt matter how conditioned your shoulders are because if your not taking in oxygen they will burn out quick no matter what.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Below the hips, they can't move otherwise.
So then isnt his statement INCORRECT? or half correct. I use my legs and the flow generates from there and my arms get a lil tired (usin 12oz). And I'm outta shape too for that matter.
noobboxer_88 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
Macco
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
Speed bag, heavy bag (4 rounds each at least). Do some shoulder exercises with wieghts like military press (once a week). Run with 5 pound wieghts in your hands. Take 10 pound dumbells and raise them straight out in front of you or to your side while keeping your arms straight as many reps as you can. When your on the heavy bag, speed bag or mitts do burn outs the last 30 seconds, meaning punch as fast as you can for the last 30 seconds.

Im doing burnouts at the moment, 3 minute rounds, at every minute a 10 second burnout, so i have to fight through fatigue so 3, 10 second burnouts each round lasting 4-5 rounds

I do alot of skipping burnout same as above but skipping, springint on the spot for 10 seconds, also alot of general spring work, just needed some conditoning for my arms
Macco is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
cambay411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macco View Post
Im doing burnouts at the moment, 3 minute rounds, at every minute a 10 second burnout, so i have to fight through fatigue so 3, 10 second burnouts each round lasting 4-5 rounds

I do alot of skipping burnout same as above but skipping, springint on the spot for 10 seconds, also alot of general spring work, just needed some conditoning for my arms

That sounds like a pretty good workout. You may just not be breathing good in your fights. I know it sounds insignificant but there is a huge difference between breathing good and not breathing. If your not breathing in your fights you have to make breathing a habit in practice by putting it as a top priority in your mind. And visualize yourself breathing in your fights even when your resting.

Anyway, as far as your work out, I would start working in a wieght lifting routine. Nothing to much, something like chest and shoulders one day, legs and back another. Do a mix of heavy and light lifting. Make sure to do those shoulder raises. And dont over do it with the wieghts. Two days a week is plenty. If you do any two-a-days (lifting and gym work in the same day for example) make sure you have a solid 5-6 hour break in between workouts.

As far as burnouts, I would go ahead and make the last burnout in a round the last 30 seconds. So two 10 second burnouts then a 30 second burn out to end it with.

Also ask your coach he probably knows more than me.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing