Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
Mr Packer

vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale ducked a no1 challenger in Sam Soliman

I have no doubt you are right.

However fact is he is no1 contender and Geale should defend against him as per the rules, otherwise what is the point of rankings and belts. Soliman earned his shot by beating Wood (who KOed Mundine), Albert just as well as Geale did, and Lorenzo better than both Sturm and Sylvester (who drew with Karmazin) -who Geale beat for the belts.

Australian boxing PPV is about the public as a whole, not just boxing fans. If you as the average punter who Sam Soliman is they are as likely to know as much as Geale. Geale would have to be the most unknow Australian unified world boxing champion ever.

If Geale does 3000PPV then it would do more if sold as a fight with the winner to go against Mundine. All while Geale fights his manditory fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
You represent about 1% of all Oz boxing fans who feel this way (yes I have done a census). You have already posted a thread whingeing about this. Please don't post any more about exactly the same thing. You'll get the same unsympathetic response.
Mr Packer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
Mr Packer

Does not matter. Soliman is manditory. Do other fighters get to dodge a manditory bcus its not a good fight?

And not really. It could be a war. A lot of punches. Soliman is no walk forward tight Euro fighter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankd01 View Post
Geale vs Sam = a very ugly boring fight. Sam is a nice guy but awful to watch.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Packer View Post
Does not matter. Soliman is manditory. Do other fighters get to dodge a manditory bcus its not a good fight?

And not really. It could be a war. A lot of punches. Soliman is no walk forward tight Euro fighter.
Mr Packer, with the utmost respect, if you think that Geale v Soliman would be either (a) a sucess at the box office or (b) even vaguely entertaining then you are most intellectually limited individual around here. That is saying something when you consider the posts of that dribbling retard 20a87.
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

soliman is an ugly fight. no one believes geale has ducked him in taking a big dollar fight with mundog.

however, soliman must be faded. he was dangerous years ago with his awkward style and workrate.

no one believes the title of this thread...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think Soliman could beat Geale, and they may well fight around may.
After Choc demolishes Geale, with Geale licking his wounds and the IBF not keen to see Mundine 4, and having already proven that they are happy to ignore mandatories and order extra box offs for soliman. I think the IBF will order a boxoff for the right to fight Mundine, between Geale and Soliman.
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
After Choc demolishes Geale, with Geale licking his wounds and the IBF not keen to see Mundine 4, and having already proven that they are happy to ignore mandatories and order extra box offs for soliman. I think the IBF will order a boxoff for the right to fight Mundine, between Geale and Soliman.

obviously youre dreaming. so youre still asleep. 1st case of 'netwalking' ive ever heard of....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Whilst I am not questioning Mundine's ability to beat Geale, I seriously doubt it will be a demolition job. If Mundine wins (I hope I am wrong but I suspect he will) it will be a close, possibly split decision. I just cannot see Mundine destroying Geale bearing in mind Geale has a reasonable chin and Mundine limited power. When was the last time he destroyed anybody of note (that does not include the likes of Xavier Tolliver or the pensioner Bronco McKart)?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mundine finally looks as though he has acclimatised to the lower weight, he looks powerful!, bearing in mind he has the luxury of weighing in up to 160 pounds as well!

This will be Chocs best preperation in years, he knows what he is in for and whats on the line, and he won't have to worry about making weight.
Geale WILL BE KNOCKED OUT, no question.
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #24
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Mundine finally looks as though he has acclimatised to the lower weight, he looks powerful!, bearing in mind he has the luxury of weighing in up to 160 pounds as well!

This will be Chocs best preperation in years, he knows what he is in for and whats on the line, and he won't have to worry about making weight.
Geale WILL BE KNOCKED OUT, no question.
Agree to disagree. When has Mundine ever looked powerful at 160? Maybe when he was getting brutally and embarrassingly KO'ed by 10 fight veteran Garth Woods less than 18 months ago. He did not look too powerful to me sprawled out on the canvas like a sack of shit.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #25
Mr Packer

He was strong and powerful against McKart (he was weak in other fights at that weight). Before you jump on McKart consider that Mundine stopped him whick Karmizan count not do - the guy Geale beat to earn him his shot at IBF title...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post
Agree to disagree. When has Mundine ever looked powerful at 160? Maybe when he was getting brutally and embarrassingly KO'ed by 10 fight veteran Garth Woods less than 18 months ago. He did not look too powerful to me sprawled out on the canvas like a sack of shit.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #26
Mr Packer

So while you are all bitching on the other threads about WBA stripping Geale you say its OK to not take mandate fight with the IBF before Mundine fight. So the WBA are no good but IBF is ok.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #27
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
So while you are all bitching on the other threads about WBA stripping Geale you say its OK to not take mandate fight with the IBF before Mundine fight. So the WBA are no good but IBF is ok.
Our reasoning is because we think Geale v Soliman would be an appalling spectacle that does nothing to raise Geale's stocks or wallet.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #28
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
That's it, dude. You worked it out.

IBF good. WBA bad.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #29
Mr Packer

Must have missed that part in the IBF rules. Geale did mention that was the reason he did not fight GGG because Mundine fight is more dollars and exposure. These boxing bodies are much easier to deal with than the establishment when I was setting up WSC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
Our reasoning is because we think Geale v Soliman would be an appalling spectacle that does nothing to raise Geale's stocks or wallet.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #30
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Presumably the Real Deal is going to have to defend against Sam after Mundine.

Lock that one in for Tassie.
Sandman_ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum