Default who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC
ali from the williams fight
louis from the schmeling 2 fight
Bowe from the first holyfield fight
lewis from either the holyfield fights
tyson from spinks fight

i think a underdog is riddick bowe; in his prime i dont think anyone has a easy night with him, he had all the skills and ability. (his manager and inteligence are a totally different story)

note: these are all heavys, please feel free to add you own.
nostir a is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 665
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

and any one one you think surprisingly beats a great
nostir a is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostir a View Post
who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC
tyson from spinks fight

i think a underdog is riddick bowe; in his prime i dont think anyone has a easy night with him, he had all the skills and ability. (his manager and inteligence are a totally different story)

1) Noone but '73 Foreman and the elite superheavies at their best...'92 Bowe, '98 Lewis, '99 Vitali. '88 Tyson is a 50/50 fight IMO.
2) Noone. FOTC Frazier would be a very live dog though.
3) FOTC Frazier, '88 Tyson, Ali. '80 Holmes would be 50/50.
4) Peak Ali. '98 Lewis is 50/50.
5) Peak Ali. '92 Bowe is 50/50.
6) Peak Ali, '92 Bowe, '98 Lewis.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
1) Noone but '73 Foreman and the elite superheavies at their best...'92 Bowe, '98 Lewis, '99 Vitali. '88 Tyson is a 50/50 fight IMO.
2) Noone. FOTC Frazier would be a very live dog though.
3) FOTC Frazier, '88 Tyson, Ali. '80 Holmes would be 50/50.
4) Peak Ali. '98 Lewis is 50/50.
5) Peak Ali. '92 Bowe is 50/50.
6) Peak Ali, '92 Bowe, '98 Lewis.
i agree mostly, but i dont think vitali beats FOTC frazier, and holmes i prefer to beat tyson, and foreman-tyson could go in foremans favour also

nice to see someone who thinks riddick is a good fighter, most think he's crap!
nostir a is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC- Perhaps 69 Frazier of Quarry I other than that.....Absolutely no one...This is the most unstoppable any boxer has ever been....The true GOAT!!!!!
ali from the williams fight- Outside of Frazier...Joe Louis/Rocky Marciano
louis from the schmeling 2 fight- Joe Frazier....this is the 2nd best HW to grace the history of the sport!
Bowe from the first holyfield fight- Lots...I like 86 Tyson as the first to spring to mind
lewis from either the holyfield fights- Lots but Prime Holmes would be my first pick...Bowe of Holyfield I should do the job also.
tyson from spinks fight- A few..But 71 Ali should do the job!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru

The whole, 'anyone can be beat,' thing is true and must be said, but these based on who I would outright favor, and assuming all my picks are at their own peaks:

frazier from the FOTC - Foreman is the only definite one. Lewis, peak Ali, Tyson, and Liston all have pretty good chances.

ali from the williams fight - Wouldn't favor anyone. FOTC Frazier is the best man for the job, of course.

louis from the schmeling 2 fight - Ali, not definite, but highly likely I think. Lewis and Liston are probably the next best guys for the job.

Bowe from the first holyfield fight - Ali, definitely. Probably Lewis and Tyson. Louis, Liston, and Holy from the 2nd fight all have good shots.

lewis from either the holyfield fights - Ali, not definitely, but highly likely. Tyson, peak Holyfield, and Liston are the next best answers for me.

tyson from spinks fight - Ali, not definite, but highly likely. Probably Holyfield, maybe Louis, Liston, and Lewis.
the cobra is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict

Frazier from the FOTC: I'm with Philly on this one- maybe nobody. You could make a case for Ali, Tyson, Louis, Lewis, Marciano, or Holmes.

Ali from the williams fight: Frazier, Marciano, Lewis, Holmes, or maybe Tyson or Louis.

Louis from the schmeling 2 fight: Tyson, Frazier, Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Marciano.

Bowe from the first holyfield fight: Most likely all the above.

Lewis from either the holyfield fights: Holmes, Ali, Frazier, maybe Louis or Tyson.

Tyson from spinks fight: Maybe none, maybe Ali, Holmes, Lewis, Frazier.

There seems to be a theme here of he same guys potentially beating any of the others if on heir best nights, with a few exceptions...
DaveK is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

damn no one thinks a prime riddick could do well...
nostir a is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #9
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
frazier from the FOTC
I don't think that Frazier could be out-pointed at his very best, and he was close to it here. I think he had to be KO'd. So you're looking at Tyson, Foreman and Liston, i think. I doubt they would all beat him and it's possible that none of them would beat him, but i'd favour Foreman for obvious reasons if I was selecting just one name.

Quote:
Frazier from the FOTC

But Ali may be the most unbeatable fighter ever division for division at his best weight.

Quote:
I'd pick Ali at his best to beat him, with reservations.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC- Perhaps 69 Frazier of Quarry I other than that.....Absolutely no one...This is the most unstoppable any boxer has ever been....The true GOAT!!!!!
ali from the williams fight- Outside of Frazier...Joe Louis/Rocky Marciano
louis from the schmeling 2 fight- Joe Frazier....this is the 2nd best HW to grace the history of the sport!
Bowe from the first holyfield fight- Lots...I like 86 Tyson as the first to spring to mind
lewis from either the holyfield fights- Lots but Prime Holmes would be my first pick...Bowe of Holyfield I should do the job also.
tyson from spinks fight- A few..But 71 Ali should do the job!
What fighters do I believe have the best chance to beat these guys and of course one underdog/darkhorse pick:

Frazier- The guys I give the best shot to beat Frazier would be a prime Foreman or Liston....I would call Wlad and Holyfield live dogs...and Bowe and Vitali a dark horse upset candidates.

Ali from the Williams fight- I like 69 Frazier and prime Marciano and to a lesser degree Louis to beat him....I like Tyson & Lewis as live dogs...and Dempsey, Walcott and Charles as dark horse upset contenders.

Louis from the schmeling II fight- I like Frazier & Marciano to beat beat him....Holmes as a live dog...and of course Schmeling & Dempsey (and Tunney over 10) as a dark horse pick.

Bowe from Holyfield I- I like prime Tyson as my first pick but most top 15 atg's over Bowe....Guys I rate around or below Bowe, I like Vitali in an upset...dark horse Ron Lyle, Gerry Cooney.

Lewis- I think he is greater in legacy rather than H2H although I know many do not agree- I like prime Tyson/Holyfield/Holmes and Bowe...I like Wlad as a live dog....and perhaps Vitali as a darkhorse.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC
tyson from spinks fight

Frazier: Foreman of 73, possibly prime Joe Louis, not an 100% definite.
Ali: no one
Louis:Ali
Bowe: prime Ali, Holmes, maybe Foreman, Frazier.
Lewis:Prime Ali, Holmes Frazier, Foreman, a motivated Greg Page.
Tyson:Prime Ali,
Titan1 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
What fighters do I believe have the best chance to beat these guys and of course one underdog/darkhorse pick:

Frazier- The guys I give the best shot to beat Frazier would be a prime Foreman or Liston....I would call Wlad and Holyfield live dogs...and Bowe and Vitali a dark horse upset candidates.

Ali from the Williams fight- I like 69 Frazier and prime Marciano and to a lesser degree Louis to beat him....I like Tyson & Lewis as live dogs...and Dempsey, Walcott and Charles as dark horse upset contenders.

Louis from the schmeling II fight- I like Frazier & Marciano to beat beat him....Holmes as a live dog...and of course Schmeling & Dempsey (and Tunney over 10) as a dark horse pick.

Bowe from Holyfield I- I like prime Tyson as my first pick but most top 15 atg's over Bowe....Guys I rate around or below Bowe, I like Vitali in an upset...dark horse Ron Lyle, Gerry Cooney.

Lewis- I think he is greater in legacy rather than H2H although I know many do not agree- I like prime Tyson/Holyfield/Holmes and Bowe...I like Wlad as a live dog....and perhaps Vitali as a darkhorse.
i agree that lewis's legacy is better than he is h2h, he has a lot of impressive names on his record, although most top names where past their best.
nostir a is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

since he's been mentioned a lot, how do you guys think liston does against other great fighters, i think he could trouble lewis because he has a similar jab to mercer, only better and hits harder. ali and someone else said liston hits harder than foreman, so he's an interesting pick against fellow atg's
nostir a is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum