Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 174
vCash: 665
Default who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC
ali from the williams fight
louis from the schmeling 2 fight
Bowe from the first holyfield fight
lewis from either the holyfield fights
tyson from spinks fight

i think a underdog is riddick bowe; in his prime i dont think anyone has a easy night with him, he had all the skills and ability. (his manager and inteligence are a totally different story)

note: these are all heavys, please feel free to add you own.
nostir a is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 174
vCash: 665
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

and any one one you think surprisingly beats a great
nostir a is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 7,450
vCash: 248
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostir a View Post
who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC
ali from the williams fight
louis from the schmeling 2 fight
Bowe from the first holyfield fight
lewis from either the holyfield fights
tyson from spinks fight

i think a underdog is riddick bowe; in his prime i dont think anyone has a easy night with him, he had all the skills and ability. (his manager and inteligence are a totally different story)

note: these are all heavys, please feel free to add you own.
1) Noone but '73 Foreman and the elite superheavies at their best...'92 Bowe, '98 Lewis, '99 Vitali. '88 Tyson is a 50/50 fight IMO.
2) Noone. FOTC Frazier would be a very live dog though.
3) FOTC Frazier, '88 Tyson, Ali. '80 Holmes would be 50/50.
4) Peak Ali. '98 Lewis is 50/50.
5) Peak Ali. '92 Bowe is 50/50.
6) Peak Ali, '92 Bowe, '98 Lewis.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 174
vCash: 665
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
1) Noone but '73 Foreman and the elite superheavies at their best...'92 Bowe, '98 Lewis, '99 Vitali. '88 Tyson is a 50/50 fight IMO.
2) Noone. FOTC Frazier would be a very live dog though.
3) FOTC Frazier, '88 Tyson, Ali. '80 Holmes would be 50/50.
4) Peak Ali. '98 Lewis is 50/50.
5) Peak Ali. '92 Bowe is 50/50.
6) Peak Ali, '92 Bowe, '98 Lewis.
i agree mostly, but i dont think vitali beats FOTC frazier, and holmes i prefer to beat tyson, and foreman-tyson could go in foremans favour also

nice to see someone who thinks riddick is a good fighter, most think he's crap!
nostir a is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salisbury, MD
Posts: 3,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC- Perhaps 69 Frazier of Quarry I other than that.....Absolutely no one...This is the most unstoppable any boxer has ever been....The true GOAT!!!!!
ali from the williams fight- Outside of Frazier...Joe Louis/Rocky Marciano
louis from the schmeling 2 fight- Joe Frazier....this is the 2nd best HW to grace the history of the sport!
Bowe from the first holyfield fight- Lots...I like 86 Tyson as the first to spring to mind
lewis from either the holyfield fights- Lots but Prime Holmes would be my first pick...Bowe of Holyfield I should do the job also.
tyson from spinks fight- A few..But 71 Ali should do the job!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,990
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

The whole, 'anyone can be beat,' thing is true and must be said, but these based on who I would outright favor, and assuming all my picks are at their own peaks:

frazier from the FOTC - Foreman is the only definite one. Lewis, peak Ali, Tyson, and Liston all have pretty good chances.

ali from the williams fight - Wouldn't favor anyone. FOTC Frazier is the best man for the job, of course.

louis from the schmeling 2 fight - Ali, not definite, but highly likely I think. Lewis and Liston are probably the next best guys for the job.

Bowe from the first holyfield fight - Ali, definitely. Probably Lewis and Tyson. Louis, Liston, and Holy from the 2nd fight all have good shots.

lewis from either the holyfield fights - Ali, not definitely, but highly likely. Tyson, peak Holyfield, and Liston are the next best answers for me.

tyson from spinks fight - Ali, not definite, but highly likely. Probably Holyfield, maybe Louis, Liston, and Lewis.
the cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

Frazier from the FOTC: I'm with Philly on this one- maybe nobody. You could make a case for Ali, Tyson, Louis, Lewis, Marciano, or Holmes.

Ali from the williams fight: Frazier, Marciano, Lewis, Holmes, or maybe Tyson or Louis.

Louis from the schmeling 2 fight: Tyson, Frazier, Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Marciano.


Bowe from the first holyfield fight: Most likely all the above.

Lewis from either the holyfield fights: Holmes, Ali, Frazier, maybe Louis or Tyson.

Tyson from spinks fight: Maybe none, maybe Ali, Holmes, Lewis, Frazier.

There seems to be a theme here of he same guys potentially beating any of the others if on heir best nights, with a few exceptions...
DaveK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 174
vCash: 665
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

damn no one thinks a prime riddick could do well...
nostir a is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #9
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,451
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostir a View Post
frazier from the FOTC
I don't think that Frazier could be out-pointed at his very best, and he was close to it here. I think he had to be KO'd. So you're looking at Tyson, Foreman and Liston, i think. I doubt they would all beat him and it's possible that none of them would beat him, but i'd favour Foreman for obvious reasons if I was selecting just one name.

Quote:
ali from the williams fight
Frazier from the FOTC

But Ali may be the most unbeatable fighter ever division for division at his best weight.

Quote:
louis from the schmeling 2 fight
I'd pick Ali at his best to beat him, with reservations.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salisbury, MD
Posts: 3,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC- Perhaps 69 Frazier of Quarry I other than that.....Absolutely no one...This is the most unstoppable any boxer has ever been....The true GOAT!!!!!
ali from the williams fight- Outside of Frazier...Joe Louis/Rocky Marciano
louis from the schmeling 2 fight- Joe Frazier....this is the 2nd best HW to grace the history of the sport!
Bowe from the first holyfield fight- Lots...I like 86 Tyson as the first to spring to mind
lewis from either the holyfield fights- Lots but Prime Holmes would be my first pick...Bowe of Holyfield I should do the job also.
tyson from spinks fight- A few..But 71 Ali should do the job!
What fighters do I believe have the best chance to beat these guys and of course one underdog/darkhorse pick:

Frazier- The guys I give the best shot to beat Frazier would be a prime Foreman or Liston....I would call Wlad and Holyfield live dogs...and Bowe and Vitali a dark horse upset candidates.

Ali from the Williams fight- I like 69 Frazier and prime Marciano and to a lesser degree Louis to beat him....I like Tyson & Lewis as live dogs...and Dempsey, Walcott and Charles as dark horse upset contenders.

Louis from the schmeling II fight- I like Frazier & Marciano to beat beat him....Holmes as a live dog...and of course Schmeling & Dempsey (and Tunney over 10) as a dark horse pick.

Bowe from Holyfield I- I like prime Tyson as my first pick but most top 15 atg's over Bowe....Guys I rate around or below Bowe, I like Vitali in an upset...dark horse Ron Lyle, Gerry Cooney.

Lewis- I think he is greater in legacy rather than H2H although I know many do not agree- I like prime Tyson/Holyfield/Holmes and Bowe...I like Wlad as a live dog....and perhaps Vitali as a darkhorse.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostir a View Post
who would beat:

frazier from the FOTC
ali from the williams fight
louis from the schmeling 2 fight
Bowe from the first holyfield fight
lewis from either the holyfield fights
tyson from spinks fight

i think a underdog is riddick bowe; in his prime i dont think anyone has a easy night with him, he had all the skills and ability. (his manager and inteligence are a totally different story)

note: these are all heavys, please feel free to add you own.
Frazier: Foreman of 73, possibly prime Joe Louis, not an 100% definite.
Ali: no one
Louis:Ali
Bowe: prime Ali, Holmes, maybe Foreman, Frazier.
Lewis:Prime Ali, Holmes Frazier, Foreman, a motivated Greg Page.
Tyson:Prime Ali,
Titan1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 174
vCash: 665
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
What fighters do I believe have the best chance to beat these guys and of course one underdog/darkhorse pick:

Frazier- The guys I give the best shot to beat Frazier would be a prime Foreman or Liston....I would call Wlad and Holyfield live dogs...and Bowe and Vitali a dark horse upset candidates.

Ali from the Williams fight- I like 69 Frazier and prime Marciano and to a lesser degree Louis to beat him....I like Tyson & Lewis as live dogs...and Dempsey, Walcott and Charles as dark horse upset contenders.

Louis from the schmeling II fight- I like Frazier & Marciano to beat beat him....Holmes as a live dog...and of course Schmeling & Dempsey (and Tunney over 10) as a dark horse pick.

Bowe from Holyfield I- I like prime Tyson as my first pick but most top 15 atg's over Bowe....Guys I rate around or below Bowe, I like Vitali in an upset...dark horse Ron Lyle, Gerry Cooney.

Lewis- I think he is greater in legacy rather than H2H although I know many do not agree- I like prime Tyson/Holyfield/Holmes and Bowe...I like Wlad as a live dog....and perhaps Vitali as a darkhorse.
i agree that lewis's legacy is better than he is h2h, he has a lot of impressive names on his record, although most top names where past their best.
nostir a is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
nostir a
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 174
vCash: 665
Default Re: who would beat these fighters in that certain fight

since he's been mentioned a lot, how do you guys think liston does against other great fighters, i think he could trouble lewis because he has a similar jab to mercer, only better and hits harder. ali and someone else said liston hits harder than foreman, so he's an interesting pick against fellow atg's
nostir a is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013