Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #46
ElCep
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post

Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Shane Mosley, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Arturo GattI, Zab Judah, Miguel Cotto, Victor Ortiz, Genaro Hernandez...
ElCep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #47
AudleysBigRight
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

David Haye has annoyed me ever since he went up to heavyweight. I get the impression that he only really "played" at the weight. Ok he beat Valuev and faced his mandatory but after that, all he wanted was a Klitchsko. His refusal to fight other top fighters and, as a result, staying amazingly inactive came across as almost arrogant and disrespectful. Also, fighting more fights at heavy would simply have prepared him more for his attempt at WK.
AudleysBigRight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #48
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,921
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Shane Mosley, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Arturo GattI, Zab Judah, Miguel Cotto, Victor Ortiz, Genaro Hernandez...
Wow, you must think Gil Turner is one of the G.O.A.Ts of that list of scalps impresses you.

Seeing as you have Gatti on there you don't have a leg to stand on. You could replace him with Manfredy and it would still look dire. Think it through...Gatti? I'd rather put N'Dou in there (still not elite) Hell, Gatti, Mitchell and Bruseles might be the worst 140lb 'reign' I have ever seen, made up a little bit by the always useful Chop Chop. That was a decent win.

By the way, I'm giving Ortiz the benefit of the doubt but my word is he the worst top five ranked welter of all time....? Certainly not 'elite'.

Mosley-shot
Judah-coming off a loss to the worst lineal welterweight champ ever (who you didn't list either!)

I'm guessing that you thought the above list of names would show me my was unfair. It hasn't.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #49
ElCep
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Wow, you must think Gil Turner is one of the G.O.A.Ts of that list of scalps impresses you.

Seeing as you have Gatti on there you don't have a leg to stand on. You could replace him with Manfredy and it would still look dire. Think it through...Gatti? I'd rather put N'Dou in there (still not elite) Hell, Gatti, Mitchell and Bruseles might be the worst 140lb 'reign' I have ever seen, made up a little bit by the always useful Chop Chop. That was a decent win.

By the way, I'm giving Ortiz the benefit of the doubt but my word is he the worst top five ranked welter of all time....? Certainly not 'elite'.

Mosley-shot
Judah-coming off a loss to the worst lineal welterweight champ ever (who you didn't list either!)

I'm guessing that you thought the above list of names would show me my was unfair. It hasn't.
I knew this would become (boringly) dogged in semantics (I.e. what is 'elite')
ElCep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #50
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Arreola vs Stiverne .
What an eye-popping fight that is....can't wait
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #51
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,921
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
I knew this would become (boringly) dogged in semantics (I.e. what is 'elite')
Fair enough, let's throw that out of the window. Even with all the fighters you mentioned and the ones I did (chuck Jesus Chavez, Emmanuel Augustus, Baldomir, Marquez) it's not as amazing as it seemed (to me) you were making it out to be.

Regardless, no fighter is so great they can **** around. Even Ray Leonard went down in weight when he was the most famous and decorated boxer in the World, to fight Norris.

Floyd should be seeking out the best challenges, or a least fighting, to retain this lofty position as a 'P4P great'.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #52
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

My opinion must be expertise, because when I release my opinions on here, everybody listens, whether they like it or not.

Is it because I'm an expert troll? Or is it because I'm actually right?

I can't help but feel it is the later, I've been involved in plenty of disputes on here, but it's never me that starts them. It is always some butthurt fanboy who reads through my expertise, and spits fire.

The truth hurts. Most indeed.

All of this "hate" erupted after successful fight predictions were called bang on the money, I'd urge my many followers to listen to what I have to say, and make some money of the back of my boxing expertise!

After successfully calling all fights I predicted on the Kell Brook, Danny Garcia weekend, my haters have crawled from underneath the woodwork.

It must just be that I'm the best thing going. I can't think of anything else. The accusations that have come my way have been nothing short of a disgrace and they have gone unpunished.

Not to worry though, I'll continue being me, and I'll continue giving free boxing expertise in the future.

I have called the Witter-Gavin fight, and the future Klitschko-Haye fight, make yourselves some money folks!

Don't hate!
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #53
ElCep
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Fair enough, let's throw that out of the window. Even with all the fighters you mentioned and the ones I did (chuck Jesus Chavez, Emmanuel Augustus, Baldomir, Marquez) it's not as amazing as it seemed (to me) you were making it out to be.

Regardless, no fighter is so great they can **** around. Even Ray Leonard went down in weight when he was the most famous and decorated boxer in the World, to fight Norris.

Floyd should be seeking out the best challenges, or a least fighting, to retain this lofty position as a 'P4P great'.
I appreciate what you're saying about seeking out the best challenges, but I think we gave up on Floyd doing that quite a while ago and the names he's amassed on his resume are becoming increasingly deep and notable so for me it lessens any potential criticism of not having a throw-back old school attitude.

My original point wasn't really about that though. I'm giving Floyd 'a pass' so to speak for the above reasons, whereas I don't think the younger Haye, with fewer fights, inferior resume, inferior achievements and less money in the bank has quite as much authority to adopt that arrogant mentality of a part-time boxer only interested in 'events' rather than fights.

But at the end of the day who are well to tell them how to circumnavigate their career.
ElCep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #54
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,921
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
I appreciate what you're saying about seeking out the best challenges, but I think we gave up on Floyd doing that quite a while ago and the names he's amassed on his resume are becoming increasingly deep and notable so for me it lessens any potential criticism of not having a throw-back old school attitude.

My original point wasn't really about that though. I'm giving Floyd 'a pass' so to speak for the above reasons, whereas I don't think the younger Haye, with fewer fights, inferior resume, inferior achievements and less money in the bank has quite as much authority to adopt that arrogant mentality of a part-time boxer only interested in 'events' rather than fights.

But at the end of the day who are well to tell them how to circumnavigate their career.
This is mostly fair don't really think we have an argument here but 'increasingly deep and notable'? What's that s'posed to mean?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #55
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Stopped reading @ "Haye v Tyson Fury for the interim WBC crown would be absolutely terrific." Never going to happen, neither is a 'warm up' for Haye...
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #56
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 673
vCash: 1264
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Haye says no chance of Fury/Price in this, seems pretty adamant too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnr4sX_dsY4[/ame]

To be honest I really think he feels it's too much of a risk with little reward, even with the money he makes off a Fury/Price fight (we know that's his main motivation) imagine if he lost. Against Chisora we all deep down knew he was levels above and Chisora hasn't got knock out power, Haye is better than Price & Fury but it would take just ONE clean shot and his career would be ruined. Haye couldn't survive a flush shot from Fury/Price, their size & power is far too risky for not a lot gained.

He'll sit it out for Klit.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #57
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dewsbury
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 100
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Fury won't want haye,he didn't want price who he would have had more chance with. Haye stops him and does it early.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #58
Dean
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: England
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePinguan View Post
They are all football stadiums and so wouldn't be available until next summer once the season finishes.
They dont play at home every week though. Plenty of free weekends.
Dean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #59
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,727
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

I know Haye has his critics and rightly so BUT the idea of him against Fury is stupid.

So many on here wet themselves during the Haye-Chisora fight and I said from the very beginning it was a mismatch. Chisora hasn't got the defence to last against a fast pot shotter with power.

Fury would look silly and put away in 4 rounds.
glue glove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #60
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: Bunce speculating on Fury v Haye for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
They dont play at home every week though. Plenty of free weekends.
Yes but look how hard it is for RTL to find a date that suits on top of that. Remember when Waldo had a slight injury and pulled out of the Mormeck fight? Due to them the fight couldn't happen for another 4 months. So that with the stadium/soccer is going to make it very hard.
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013