Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #121
watpoae
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Everyone should write in and complain.

The cards they are showing are good quality, but I still want to see more boxing considering the stupid prices they charge.
watpoae is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #122
flatulent_bob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by watpoae View Post
Everyone should write in and complain.

The cards they are showing are good quality, but I still want to see more boxing considering the stupid prices they charge.
You aren't paying for boxing, the high price is for football solely, everything else is just sky throwing in extras including F1.
You get enough boxing fans watching to make them as attractive to advertisers and a credible revenue stream (a la football)then SKY will bid and get every card available.

This is never going to happen, not enough boxing fans interested in watching it on the TV anymore. IF Ricky and Khan both went to Ch5 and made a point of the mass audiences interest then maybe but that hope has now diminished.
flatulent_bob is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #123
Nucca

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
because you have know life.
Nucca is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #124
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jonsey mate, who is that in your picture? That is the spitting image of someone i know.

You don't live in Corby do you mate?
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #125
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchpieirnbru View Post
Jonsey mate, who is that in your picture? That is the spitting image of someone i know.

You don't live in Corby do you mate?
Its me. No live in London.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #126
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ah right no worries i could have sworn that was my pal John. Not a Londoner though!

All the best mate.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #127
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchpieirnbru View Post
Ah right no worries i could have sworn that was my pal John. Not a Londoner though!

All the best mate.
He looks like Eddie Hearn's child. And also talks like he might be related to the man with the amount of love he gives him.
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #128
Pale Destroyer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Destroyer View Post
This isn't exactly a new topic but I wanted to vent some anger.

I am a Sky subscriber and cannot believe the lack of cards being shown at the moment I am a cunt's hair away from cancelling my subscription. how the **** can they justify not having any live action for 2 or sometimes 3 weeks at a time. I have been a subscriber to sky for some time now and the schedule has never been this thin, where has all the domestic and international action gone.

Despite this they still have Ringside on EVERY single week wether there is live action that coming weekend or not. Now in my opinion Ringside is an ok show but its a supplementary programme, in the respect that it should supplement Sky's boxing output by reviewing the previous weeks fights and previewing the coming weeks fight, basically build up and reaction.

But whats the point in having a supplementary magazine style programme when there is no ****ing boxing for it to supplement! If sky has budget issues then I would rather have a card (any card really) and no ringside for the week.

I mean how the **** can they justify refusing to shell out for any domestic or international boxing but Adam Smith can find the money to send himself and his chum (and a whole camera and sound crew) out to Miami to speak to David Haye, or Johnny to the Philippines to speak to Amir Kahn or both of them to spain (or somewhere hot, can't remember where) to chat to Tennis player and new found friend of the pair Andy Murray.

Its the arrogance of the whole thing thats really got to me, its like they think they are that incredible at broadcasting that we the fans would rather watch them buffing there own bell ends on Ringside every week or 8 or 9 commentators and pundits covering one show than the sport we love on a regular basis.

Imagine the uproar if Sky started doing this with their football coverage. I would think almost every fan of every sport in the world would agree that actually watching their sport is far more important to them than watching pundits talk about it.

Now whats that boxnation number?
This thread is pretty redundant after the news of Sky's Golden Boy deal, come back Adam Smith all is forgiven!
Pale Destroyer is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #129
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Destroyer View Post
This thread is pretty redundant after the news of Sky's Golden Boy deal, come back Adam Smith all is forgiven!
that was 9 months ago.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #130
Pale Destroyer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
that was 9 months ago.
Ahh ****! that thread was a bump only half read it. in that case **** you Adam Smith, take your ringside for a shite.
Pale Destroyer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum