Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622
Default Re: Fight that never happened 2007: Jermain Taylor vs Edison Miranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Master View Post
Miranda was dead at the weight by the time he got to Pavlik. JT would have beat him imo.
Miranda's "weight" stories were total bullshit! When he lost to AA the second time he blamed the HIGHER weight! Only idiots and harcore, long term, Pavlik haters cry over Miranda's weight issues. And it's just a backhanded insult. You guys are still pissed that KP won a fight he was suppose to lose, and made it look easy.
booradley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #17
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Miranda's "weight" stories were total bullshit! When he lost to AA the second time he blamed the HIGHER weight! Only idiots and harcore, long term, Pavlik haters cry over Miranda's weight issues. And it's just a backhanded insult. You guys are still pissed that KP won a fight he was suppose to lose, and made it look easy.
Larry Merchant in round one says" from ringside Miranda's punches don't have the same snap to them, Looks like he is pushing his punches"

Now his trainer goes on to say Miranda is a real waist of talent and that weight messed up his career.

Boo as far as the other stuff your trying to insinuate... i don't have time for. You should know me by now.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894

Quote:
Yeh, even though Miranda is a really big guy I don't really buy into the "dead at the weight" as a reason he lost to Pavlik. He didn't show as many signs and symptoms that are usually displayed when someone is dead at the weight. He was able to take A LOT of punishment before the first knock down. He also seemed to get tired in fights leading up to the Pavlik fight. If you're dead at the weight you shouldn't be able to take as much punishment as he did and throw as many punches as he was able to in the Pavlik fight.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Taylor UD, Taylor wasnt lookin terrible then
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #20
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

IMO I think it would have been a WARRRR. A much better fight than JT vs Pavlik.
pound is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #21
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Taylor wins a convincing unanimous decision in my opinion. Maybe not the prettiest performance, but yeah, I think he'd take it. He might get dropped along the way as Miranda had fantastic power in his right hand and Taylor could get lazy and vulnerable to that shot. But Miranda, otherwise, doesn't have the finishing skills of Pavlik or the type of fundamentals and technical skills needed to win rounds consistently or systematically break down Taylor.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #22
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchfortheHook View Post
Yeh, even though Miranda is a really big guy I don't really buy into the "dead at the weight" as a reason he lost to Pavlik. He didn't show as many signs and symptoms that are usually displayed when someone is dead at the weight. He was able to take A LOT of punishment before the first knock down. He also seemed to get tired in fights leading up to the Pavlik fight. If you're dead at the weight you shouldn't be able to take as much punishment as he did and throw as many punches as he was able to in the Pavlik fight.
Smoger said he knew KP was not in serious trouble when JT tore Kelly up in that infamous 2nd round, because he saw Pav take multiple brutal combinations off Miranda and never back up. That does not sound like a ref's description of a weight drained fighter. Pavlik ruined Miranda: Period. Ring Master and others will never admit it, but the "weight drained" nonsense is a backhanded slap at KP. They've parroted that shit so much that they don't even remember why they parrot it!
booradley is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #23
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Smoger said he knew KP was not in serious trouble when JT tore Kelly up in that infamous 2nd round, because he saw Pav take multiple brutal combinations off Miranda and never back up. That does not sound like a ref's description of a weight drained fighter. Pavlik ruined Miranda: Period. Ring Master and others will never admit it, but the "weight drained" nonsense is a backhanded slap at KP. They've parroted that shit so much that they don't even remember why they parrot it!
I heard Smoger say that he knew Kelly had taken a shot that took his equilibrium and you can recover from that. He mentioned that he had picked it up in a training seminar.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #24
sp550i
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

that fight ain't happen for a reason.... they been hid JT from people with power for a long time until they couldn't any more
sp550i is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I heard Smoger say that he knew Kelly had taken a shot that took his equilibrium and you can recover from that. He mentioned that he had picked it up in a training seminar.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

Edison Miranda is facing an uncertain future after departing from manager Greg Wantman in the wake of the defeat.

The battle-hardened Colombian was taken down in nine rounds by tough Livepudlian Bellew in London and Wantman was surprised that Miranda quit in the ring with the promise of another world title challenge against Carl Froch.

Miranda seems to have been around the higher end of the rankings for an age, despite being just 31, but Wantman believes that the end could be close for ‘Pantera’ following losses in five of his last eight outings and weight problems away from boxing.

“As far as Edison is concerned, who knows what the future holds,” Wantman told World Boxing News.

“To me he was a huge waste of talent that could have made a lot of money if he was able to control his weight.

“He almost starved himself to make 160lbs for the Pavlik in 2007 fight losing over 20lbs in two days and that was the turning point of his career. He should have won that fight and moved on to face Jermain Taylor in what would have been built up to be a huge fight, but It was all downhill from there.

Boo, Just stop it.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #27
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchfortheHook View Post
“Moving up in weight never made a difference either as he just gained that much more in between fights.
“His dedication to the sport and training has been less and less since his fight with Lucian Bute in 2010 and it's now showing in the ring.”
Wantman watched on in dismay as a downhearted Miranda submitted to ‘Bomber’ Bellew in uncharacteristic fashion, losing for the fourth time in his war-filled career by stoppage - all of which came in the last five years.
“He was guaranteed a fight against Froch if he had beaten Bellew but he gave up in the ring,” explained Wantman.
“I hope he stops fighting now. He is nothing more than an opponent, something he said he would never be.
“I truly believe that the Miranda that faced Abraham the first time, with a little tweaking and experience, could have been a world champion and beat anyone.
“He had all the tools and the right team. Good people around him. He just couldn't control himself in between fights, blowing up to 225lbs sometimes (when he was still fighting at 160) and ballooning that much weight takes a huge toll on your body - it's a real shame."
Old 10-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #28
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

Jt ud...
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #29
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Back in 2007, I would have picked Taylor by a wide UD. I have no doubt he would dominate the early rounds. The problem is, Miranda would keep coming and Taylor wastes a ton of energy. I can easily see a Miranda TKO in a fight Taylor is winning 8 rounds to 2.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

Booradley, So am I still making excuses?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum