Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default More pathetic chin: Mundine or Khan?

I love seeing a brutal KO as much as the next guy and that is probably my main reason for enjoying watching both Mundine and Khan in action. Whenever these clowns fight there is always an excellent chance I will see one of them get not so shockingly carried out on a stretcher. The beauty of Mundine is that is chin is so fragile and brittle (see Ottke KO) that even the most featherfisted fighter is capable of dropping the bitch for good. Bearing this in mind, whose chin is the more pathetic: Mundine or Khan?
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: More pathetic chin: Mundine or Khan?

mundine easssy...

the light hitting ottke put him in a coma.

and then there was.........

GARTH WOOD!
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post
I love seeing a brutal KO as much as the next guy and that is probably my main reason for enjoying watching both Mundine and Khan in action. Whenever these clowns fight there is always an excellent chance I will see one of them get not so shockingly carried out on a stretcher. The beauty of Mundine is that is chin is so fragile and brittle (see Ottke KO) that even the most featherfisted fighter is capable of dropping the bitch for good. Bearing this in mind, whose chin is the more pathetic: Mundine or Khan?
Ottke was a temple shot, wasnt on the chin. chin and temple are two different parts of the skull. wasnt the garth wood ko a temple shot also? choc doesnt have the best chin, but it aint in the league of khan either.
sparta is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
hammerofthor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Kah has been splattered twice, but the guys he's been fighting are for the most part, far better than he guys Mundine has. If you took, Geale, Green and Soliman off Mundines record what would you have?
hammerofthor is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerofthor View Post
Kah has been splattered twice, but the guys he's been fighting are for the most part, far better than he guys Mundine has. If you took, Geale, Green and Soliman off Mundines record what would you have?
crazy kim.....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post
Ottke was a temple shot, wasnt on the chin. chin and temple are two different parts of the skull. wasnt the garth wood ko a temple shot also? choc doesnt have the best chin, but it aint in the league of khan either.
You are correct sparta, I should have gone with "more pathetic punch resistance".

Putting aside the Ottke and Wood KOs, Mundine's chin hardly distinguished itself when he got dropped by Japenese bombers (not) like Kim and Nishizawa.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerofthor View Post

Kessler and Echols just saying
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #8
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
Kessler and Echols just saying
Kessler did him relatively easy (competetive but wide) whilst a win over a faded and bullet-ridden Echols is nothing to write home about.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:56 AM   #9
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Kessler did him relatively easy (competetive but wide) whilst a win over a faded and bullet-ridden Echols is nothing to write home about.
You sort of missed the point

Anyway Mundines a bum so not sure why i'm going into bat for him on this one.

Khan's chin is china tho....... regardless of opponent
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #10
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Khan has only been knocked out by excellent opposition or huge punchers, breidis prescott is a huge puncher who can also box, and danny garcia just brutally knocked out erik morales with that same left hook , does morales have a glass jaw aswell? i like khan, he's as exciting as **** because you know he could get pasted at any minute or knock the other guy out, same as tommy hearns.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 01:54 AM   #11
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
Khan has only been knocked out by excellent opposition or huge punchers, breidis prescott is a huge puncher who can also box, and danny garcia just brutally knocked out erik morales with that same left hook , does morales have a glass jaw aswell? i like khan, he's as exciting as **** because you know he could get pasted at any minute or knock the other guy out, same as tommy hearns.
Putting Hearns and Khan is the same sentence is offensive to say the least.

Hearns is an ATG who fought the best and (bar the Barkley KO) only got KO'ed by the best.

Prescott is no ATG (he is pretty ordinary to be honest) and Garcia will not be an ATG.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #12
Left hook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Well to be honest both times mundine has been knocked out it has not been shots to the chin . Otke hit him up top of the head around the temple , as did wood. So I kind of think it is that area that us vulnerable
Left hook is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 AM   #13
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Putting Hearns and Khan is the same sentence is offensive to say the least.

Hearns is an ATG who fought the best and (bar the Barkley KO) only got KO'ed by the best.

Prescott is no ATG (he is pretty ordinary to be honest) and Garcia will not be an ATG.
I didn't compare the two as fighters, i merely made a comparison as to why i enjoy watching their fights, it is too early to judge how garcia will go down in history, but you are entitled to your opinion, i personally think all this chinchecker stuff is quite offensive.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 02:52 AM   #14
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
".

Putting aside the Ottke and Wood KOs, Mundine's chin hardly distinguished itself when he got dropped by Japenese bombers (not) like Kim and Nishizawa.
mundine has never been hit much. he runs and ducks, sways and covers. he just doesnt handle clean, solid, shots.

as he gets older, he wont have the stammina to run, so he will have to use head movement that he hasnt got. he is a body mover. he ducks and sways.

geale is going to fight a mundine who will come out hard looking for an early night. i recon choc will ambush geale. when that doesnt work, mundine will fight in spurts.

geale needs to put his head on mundines chest from the start. tire mundines early effort, then pick the bones of a faded fighter. then over the next 4 rounds, pound the **** out of a faded, jaded, big mouther never was. and we'll all be cheering!
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #15
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Cruiser Danny Green couldn't put him down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
mundine has never been hit much. he runs and ducks, sways and covers. he just doesnt handle clean, solid, shots.

as he gets older, he wont have the stammina to run, so he will have to use head movement that he hasnt got. he is a body mover. he ducks and sways.

geale is going to fight a mundine who will come out hard looking for an early night. i recon choc will ambush geale. when that doesnt work, mundine will fight in spurts.

geale needs to put his head on mundines chest from the start. tire mundines early effort, then pick the bones of a faded fighter. then over the next 4 rounds, pound the **** out of a faded, jaded, big mouther never was. and we'll all be cheering!
Shame Geale isn't that type of fighter. Mundine will destroy him if he tries to fight like that.

You know nothing about boxing if you think that is how Geale will fight.
20a87 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum