Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #16
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,038
vCash: 75
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
I think he's talented, but that's it, he has some talent, he is no superstar in the making and he has serious flaws that an amazing amount of people can't seem to see
Sloppy offensively and not reflexively gifted enough to pull off the defensive style he's trying to implement.

But of course he's young, brash and American so everyone thinks he's shit hot.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

What I fail to get about Broner is how the Flomos have just jumped on him as if he's the heir apparent.

A few tasty looking KO's and a gob on him... the only thing we're waiting for is for someone to say that he doesn't have to fight the best because he'd win anyway.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
What I fail to get about Broner is how the Flomos have just jumped on him as if he's the heir apparent.

A few tasty looking KO's and a gob on him... the only thing we're waiting for is for someone to say that he doesn't have to fight the best because he'd win anyway.
Most of the Floyd fans are black, they were probably Lacy fans at one point, they just wait for a ****y black fighter to come along and lick his arsehole.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #19
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,600
vCash: 75
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Sloppy offensively and not reflexively gifted enough to pull off the defensive style he's trying to implement.

But of course he's young, brash and American so everyone thinks he's shit hot.
it's because he has some eye-candy KO's and a few nice moves, but how will he cope when faced with a good fighter who can bring it for 12? look at how lost Lacy was when faced with a simple "combination, step-off,combination,step-off" gameplan and not a guy who just stood in front of him, I think it was Gus Johnson who said "Hes making Lacy look like an amateur!"

How much substance is there under Broners flash?
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,038
vCash: 75
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
it's because he has some eye-candy KO's and a few nice moves, but how will he cope when faced with a good fighter who can bring it for 12? look at how lost Lacy was when faced with a simple "combination, step-off,combination,step-off" gameplan and not a guy who just stood in front of him, I think it was Gus Johnson who said "Hes making Lacy look like an amateur!"

How much substance is there under Broners flash?
From what we've seen thus far, not much by the looks of it.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #21
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
it's because he has some eye-candy KO's and a few nice moves, but how will he cope when faced with a good fighter who can bring it for 12? look at how lost Lacy was when faced with a simple "combination, step-off,combination,step-off" gameplan and not a guy who just stood in front of him, I think it was Gus Johnson who said "Hes making Lacy look like an amateur!"

How much substance is there under Broners flash?
Lacy had already struggled with Syd Vanderpool when he opted to box. He just couldn't keep it up. It's not dissimilar to what broner has done so far, imo
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #22
upgrayedd
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

One of the articles on the main page is of the opinion that Broner would beat Ricky Burns KO1 in the style of his victory over Litzau. I don't want to sound harsh, but it's terrible journalism and I can't believe some of the quality of the articles these days.

Really not sold on Broner. It seems like he tries to emulate Floyd's posture and defense at times, but he never actually bothers with any head movement. He was eating jabs for fun against Escobedo, was marked up as a result. Hope DeMarco takes it to him and gives him a good test.
upgrayedd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Please elaborate. You think he'll box DeMarco better than Linares/as good bit have the nerve to keep it up through 12?
Yes. Broner may not be as skilled offensively as Linares is but that is not the be all and end all against someone as limited defensively as Demarco. Linares lasted 11 rounds with Demarco & we've already seen his fragility so I'm not sure there's much to base the idea Demarco will walk him down on.

I don't think Demarco is as good as Ponce de Leon was and I think this is a fight where Broner will be able to exploit Demarco's weaknesses more than vice versa. He's an average at best outside fighter so will have to force the issue but he can struggle vs naturally quicker fighters. He reaches in and if he's beaten to the punch, is left wide open for further shots. It's far to easy to catch him with the straight right and though people might mock Broner for imitating the shoulder roll, it'd be very effective here to block Demarco's right hook which be likes to lead off with. I just don't see him being able to land consistently enough to break down Broner like he did with Linares and feel there's too much gaps defensively that will be seized upon.

Who do you think will win and why?
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, Esperantia
Posts: 24,960
vCash: 26664
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

I just want to add this, since I coincidentally just posted it before reading this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
From Adrien Broner's profile page on therichest.org:

"Through the years, Adrien Broner continued to impress the boxing enthusiasts as he faced the famous personalities in the field of boxing including Jose Alfredo Lugo, Eric Ricker, Angel Rodriguez, Fernando Quintero, William Kickett, Edgar Portillo and Henry White Jr via knockout. In 2010, he faced Rafael Lora, Guillermo Sanchez, Ilido Julio and Carlos Claudio."
You can't go against all the years the kid has been impressing us against all of these famous personalities, really.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,038
vCash: 75
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Nice post. I'm taking DeMarco purely on the basis I think Broner will struggle to beat up guys his own size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Yes. Broner may not be as skilled offensively as Linares is but that is not the be all and end all against someone as limited defensively as Demarco. Linares lasted 11 rounds with Demarco & we've already seen his fragility so I'm not sure there's much to base the idea Demarco will walk him down on.

I don't think Demarco is as good as Ponce de Leon was and I think this is a fight where Broner will be able to exploit Demarco's weaknesses more than vice versa. He's an average at best outside fighter so will have to force the issue but he can struggle vs naturally quicker fighters. He reaches in and if he's beaten to the punch, is left wide open for further shots. It's far to easy to catch him with the straight right and though people might mock Broner for imitating the shoulder roll, it'd be very effective here to block Demarco's right hook which be likes to lead off with. I just don't see him being able to land consistently enough to break down Broner like he did with Linares and feel there's too much gaps defensively that will be seized upon.

Who do you think will win and why?
Flea Man is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 603
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
One of the articles on the main page is of the opinion that Broner would beat Ricky Burns KO1 in the style of his victory over Litzau. I don't want to sound harsh, but it's terrible journalism and I can't believe some of the quality of the articles these days.

Really not sold on Broner. It seems like he tries to emulate Floyd's posture and defense at times, but he never actually bothers with any head movement. He was eating jabs for fun against Escobedo, was marked up as a result. Hope DeMarco takes it to him and gives him a good test.
Yeah i read that, can't understand what the daft cu*t was banging on about.

My honest opinion is the DeMarco fight will go the distance and Broner will be gifted another fight he clearly lost.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #27
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Nags Head
Posts: 2,461
vCash: 185000
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

I would like to see DeMarco take Broner into deep waters and drown him in this fight but unfortunately I dont think it'll play out like that. DeMarco is too easy to hit and will most likely walk onto clean shots throughout the fight, and assuming Broner hits harder than Linares did then that will spell damage and a possible stoppage win for The Problem IMO
perspicacity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #28
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

I think Broner will stop him late. I don't rate DeMarco at all. He's tough and he impressed with me his come from behind stoppage of Linares but Linares doesn't punch hard and his punch resistance is abysmal.
Broner will just find him too easy to hit. Hopefully DeMarco can make it a close fight, though or the Broner hype will get even more excruciating. Can't see it though, sadly.
bam bam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
moon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southampton
Posts: 320
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

Broner by robbery. Good fight though.
moon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DeMarco vs Broner

This will be broners hardest fight to date and we will see if he can back up his gob lol,even if he does ricky burns will beat him handily
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013