boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default the GARTH WOOD WAY. head on mundogs chest.

geales blueprint.

mundog has no head movement. relies on footwork, body movement, swaying and ducking. relies on handspeed and short spurts from no mans land.

all geale needs to do is watch the first and second wood fights. mundog wont and cant mix it in close. he doesnt like it. he likes distance to use straight speed.

take away his distance. make him run backwards. make him work the full round. he will drop his hands. he will tire. he will wither and fall.

geale ko by 9.
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: the GARTH WOOD WAY. head on mundogs chest.

Hey brainiac, why didn't you tell your best mates the Thornberry brothers to use the same tactic
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
seymour dough
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
geales blueprint.

mundog has no head movement. relies on footwork, body movement, swaying and ducking. relies on handspeed and short spurts from no mans land.

all geale needs to do is watch the first and second wood fights. mundog wont and cant mix it in close. he doesnt like it. he likes distance to use straight speed.

take away his distance. make him run backwards. make him work the full round. he will drop his hands. he will tire. he will wither and fall.

geale ko by 9.
THE THORNBERRIES KNOW THERE BOXING
seymour dough is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Geale will retire on his still round 9, cut up like a cancer, bruised like a bad bananna he will want no more of Choc
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Hey brainiac, why didn't you tell your best mates the Thornberry brothers to use the same tactic
im honoured you put me in such esteemed boxing royalty.

as for ricks fight with mundine i was there. for the first 4 rounds, rick fought a perfect fight, despite a rib cartlage injury. but rick was past his prime and like most other aussie boxers was too old and came out of retirement for the payday.

rick won the first 4 rounds. had he been 10 years younger the result would have been different. had it been the rick that beat rod carr, rick would have won.

the fight went 11 rounds before mundine hit rick on the chest...his rib cartlige injury. thats when he turned in pain and they waived it off. a prime rick would beat mundine.

but for the record, concerning mundine, its only my opinion, ive never spoken to either of them about this fight or geale. and for the same record they both say anthony is a good bloke. i just dont hold the same opinion of him.....

id bet my bottom dollar they have a different opinion of how the structure of this fight will play out. noel is an astute tactician. he may well take my assesment apart.

hey kkkel. please tell us some tactics for geale to win. id love to hear your opinion of corners advice....

Last edited by swingin; 10-31-2012 at 05:11 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post

1.Geale will retire on his still round 9,
2.cut up like a cancer,
3.bruised like a bad bananna
4.he will want no more of Choc
lets take you apart.

1. you subliminally suggest 'still' instead of 'stool'. your subconcious knows geale will win.

2. you know IF geale gets cut, like cancer, he will likely come back and win.

3. bruised bananas are at their sweetest.

4. everyone loves more choclate....

geale ko9...

sally ko ATN by 4

Last edited by swingin; 10-31-2012 at 05:13 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Prime Thornberry never beats a prime Mundine at 168lbs.....period
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
Prime Thornberry never beats a prime Mundine at 168lbs.....period
i dont agree. mundine could never hurt ricks chin. he stopped rick with a blow to a rib cartlige injury. if youve ever done one in your chest (i have) you have pain just breathing heavy, let alone fighting with it. getting hit on it would be unbearable.

but rick has a chance of koing mundog as mundog has ALWAYS been chinny. rick never had chin problems. he dislocated his shoulder in the uk and had to stop. i think he got stooped fighting at heavyweight?

but anyway. rick was busy and solid. fighting the way he did in the first 4 rounds of their fight, rick wins over 12.

just my opinion. i dont thing the thornberrys would agree with me, but i know what i saw when they fought. that first 4 rounds rick had mundine in fits.

styles make fights. i think a prime rick was just the wrong style for mundog.

just my opinion..
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #9
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
i dont agree. mundine could never hurt ricks chin. he stopped rick with a blow to a rib cartlige injury. if youve ever done one in your chest (i have) you have pain just breathing heavy, let alone fighting with it. getting hit on it would be unbearable.

but rick has a chance of koing mundog as mundog has ALWAYS been chinny. rick never had chin problems. he dislocated his shoulder in the uk and had to stop. i think he got stooped fighting at heavyweight?

but anyway. rick was busy and solid. fighting the way he did in the first 4 rounds of their fight, rick wins over 12.

just my opinion. i dont thing the thornberrys would agree with me, but i know what i saw when they fought. that first 4 rounds rick had mundine in fits.

styles make fights. i think a prime rick was just the wrong style for mundog.

just my opinion..

Mundine toyed with Thornberry for 10 rounds.
Thornberry was always a pretty solid fighter, Went the distance with Both Ottke and Calzaghe, but I agree with old mate that prime Thronberry would never beat prime choc at Super MId .
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Mundine toyed with Thornberry for 10 rounds.
Thornberry was always a pretty solid fighter, Went the distance with Both Ottke and Calzaghe, but I agree with old mate that prime Thronberry would never beat prime choc at Super MId .
FACT. mundine wanted to quit in his corner after 4 rounds..

get some vid of the first 4 rounds. the old rick out of retirement gave a hint of what would of happened had he been in his prime...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Thornberry was obviously injured and at the end of his career against Mundine. Likewise, Mundine was still coming through the ranks and was no where near his prime which was about 2-3yrs away.

If Kessler and Green couldn't KO Mundine, i don't think Ricky would have the tools around the same time 2005/2006 if you put Ricky in a time machine and had him at prime level.

I stand by my statement.
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
FACT. mundine wanted to quit in his corner after 4 rounds..

get some vid of the first 4 rounds. the old rick out of retirement gave a hint of what would of happened had he been in his prime...
I agree that the first 4 rounds were Thornberrys, but Mundine didn't want to quit, Mundine got schooled in the first round against Guy Waters, 2nd round he landed about 2 punch, one was lights out.....
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
I agree that the first 4 rounds were Thornberrys, but Mundine didn't want to quit, Mundine got schooled in the first round against Guy Waters, 2nd round he landed about 2 punch, one was lights out.....
had he been prime the first 6 at least would have been. age caught up with him, as mundine will find out about with geale.

so rick wins the first 6 rounds. he wins 1 more round in the next 6 he wins.

i told you so....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
had he been prime the first 6 at least would have been. age caught up with him, as mundine will find out about with geale.

so rick wins the first 6 rounds. he wins 1 more round in the next 6 he wins.

i told you so....
Righto Buddy.. whatever ya think
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #15
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
geales blueprint.

geale ko by 9.
yep. round 9. mundog and his fleas take a bath.....
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum