Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 338 48.35%
Disagree 361 51.65%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 AM   #5191
Skullrip
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
Title is not racist but may rile up some filipino's in same way if I made a thread saying "black fan homo for Floyd". There's no need to bring up the nationality into it, doing so is just alluding to the idea that all pactards are filipino's or in this case all Filipino's are clueless about boxing.

I will explain why at this current state, there are more Pacquiao and Filipino fans who dont know shit about boxing than any other set of fans out there. That is because Pac is huge in the Philippines, think 60mil+ fans, how many of them can you expect to be die hard fans? 99% of them dont watch anyone else but Pac, that's what mainstream is.

In the same sense, Mike Tyson had more DKSAB fans than did Bernard Hopkins. Thats because Tyson will attract a guy off the street who DKSAB to watch him, Hopkins meanwhile will only attract hardcore boxing fans who knows their shit.

It's a game of probability, the more fans you have, the more likely you are gonna have clueless fans.

In this instance, Pac has literally 100 times more fans than any other fighter out there right now, maybe more. Take a whole country with a population of 90 mil with at least half of them knowing his name and watches his fights.
cant blame them. makes them feel better ridiculing a 3rd world kid for supporting pac. says a lot about their dented egos
Skullrip is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #5192
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 36,418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
What's the threads created breakdown?
Not a clue.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #5193
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Manny only looked better because he fought shot fighters (Mosley, Oscar) or guys with weak chins (Hatton, Cotto)

****ing cherry picked 40 yr old Marquez outboxed his ass almost as bad as old Morales did

What changed? Manny was landing right hooks against Sanchez and Old Morales.....the difference was, they could take them and throw back.
We can all come up with excuses to why a certain fighter looks bad......or even to why they looked good....of course in this game, "styles make fights".

I laugh at guys on here who over analyze DLH's resume because of how rich it is with quality fighters....threaded throughout his entire resume....right up to his loss to an even better fighter that sent him into retirement.

We can argue this shit all day about Pac winning "because of" ....or he "cherry picked" that...but the truth is Pac has the only resume that compares to DLH in terms of the depth of his resume......Only Pac has a better statistics in winning "big Fights".

To call Morales "Old" when Pac faced Erik is some fairy tale shit....Danny faced an "Old" Erik Morales. It's hard for some to accept greatness at times but that doesn't change "history". If you agree that DLH or Pac are all time greats or not.....history will record the facts. Their places are secure on that list.....they just have different places on that list.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #5194
Danebrogen
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ur mum
Posts: 893
vCash: 75
Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadyo View Post
so one filipino is hilariously stupid, therefore?

Are you a racist or what?
Houston, we have a pactard.
Danebrogen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #5195
kadyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 1000
Default Re: a filipino fan reacting to the omission of pacquiao from the ATG jr fw list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danebrogen View Post
Houston, we have a pactard.
pac u! and what kind of tard are you?


Thanks mcgrain for merging this thread.
kadyo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #5196
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Manny Pac "We Will agree to all your terms, lets just make the fight"

Leonard Ellerbe responce "You don't get to dictate any terms"

:Huh
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #5197
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

My 2nd favourite thing from flomos and the mayweathers is:

Mannys post 130 resume is terrible, just fought a load of shot weight drained fighters. It was just a load of cherrypicks. The guy is the biggest hype job ever.

Fair enough Fight him then Floyd and get your biggest paycheck along with your career defining win.

Hell No, that guy must be on the A-Side Meth the do what he do and beat those guys

JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #5198
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,197
vCash: 75
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
My 2nd favourite thing from flomos and the mayweathers is:

Mannys post 130 resume is terrible, just fought a load of shot weight drained fighters. It was just a load of cherrypicks. The guy is the biggest hype job ever.

Fair enough Fight him then Floyd and get your biggest paycheck along with your career defining win.

Hell No, that guy must be on the A-Side Meth the do what he do and beat those guys

I mean I guess that sounds good and all, but is there any doubt in your mind Floyd beats the dog shit out of Manny? Seriously, all jokes aside, is this not essentually a foregone conclusion?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #5199
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
I mean I guess that sounds good and all, but is there any doubt in your mind Floyd beats the dog shit out of Manny? Seriously, all jokes aside, is this not essentually a foregone conclusion?

Not at all. Mayweather has to walk down southpaws, he cant fight them on the back foot. I think that will play into Manny massively.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #5200
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,388
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
Not at all. Mayweather has to walk down southpaws, he cant fight them on the back foot. I think that will play into Manny massively.
He doesn't have to walk them down. Realize that. He can fight Manny on the back foot all day long bc Manny can't cut that ring off and Manny does not commit to the jab at all which is something you need to even bother Floyd.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #5201
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
He doesn't have to walk them down. Realize that. He can fight Manny on the back foot all day long bc Manny can't cut that ring off and Manny does not commit to the jab at all which is something you need to even bother Floyd.
Guess you missed the fights with Judah and Corley

And it not the jab that bothers Floyd, it is the left hand
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #5202
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
He doesn't have to walk them down. Realize that. He can fight Manny on the back foot all day long bc Manny can't cut that ring off and Manny does not commit to the jab at all which is something you need to even bother Floyd.

i disagree. He has success against southpaws when he walks them down with a high guard. When he doesn't he struggles.

I'd love it if he tried to walk manny down with a high guard.

The Manny fight would earn floyd more money than any other fight. It would also boost him in legacy rankings into one of the greatest of all time - Boosting his future earning s in future fights and advertising to rediculous levels.

If it was easy, he would have just fought him by now
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #5203
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,388
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

[quote=D4thincarnation;14106206]Guess you missed the fights with Judah and Corley

And it not the jab that bothers Floyd, it is the left hand[/QUOT


Even his Uncle and trainer said you need a jab to beat Floyd and he is the one training him.

Floyd has the size, reach, and footwork advantage against Manny. He doesn't need to walk him down at all. By the way Judah and Corley always sparred with Floyd in the gym so they knew each other very well so I don't look into that much.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #5204
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
i disagree. He has success against southpaws when he walks them down with a high guard. When he doesn't he struggles.

I'd love it if he tried to walk manny down with a high guard.

The Manny fight would earn floyd more money than any other fight. It would also boost him in legacy rankings into one of the greatest of all time - Boosting his future earning s in future fights and advertising to rediculous levels.

If it was easy, he would have just fought him by now
Floyd and the Mayweathers know their boxing, and there is a reason why they have chose to avoid Pacquiao, they know there is a very real possibility that Floyd loses because of Pacquiao attributes.

If Floyd really thought this was an easy nights work, it happens a long time ago.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #5205
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,388
vCash: 500
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather/Pacquiao" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
i disagree. He has success against southpaws when he walks them down with a high guard. When he doesn't he struggles.

I'd love it if he tried to walk manny down with a high guard.

The Manny fight would earn floyd more money than any other fight. It would also boost him in legacy rankings into one of the greatest of all time - Boosting his future earning s in future fights and advertising to rediculous levels.

If it was easy, he would have just fought him by now
When he doesn't he struggles? Wtf. Floyd has only lost a total of 4 rounds against 6 or 7 Southpaws brah. Is that struggling in your book?
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013