Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #91
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203
Default Re: The rise and rise of Australia's own Daniel Geale

Geale looses his WBA title should he go through with the Mundine fight.It was announced at the WBA convention yesterday.GGG becomes the full champion.
Is the Mundine fight really worth throwing away the title?
fatcity is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #92
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
Geale looses his WBA title should he go through with the Mundine fight.It was announced at the WBA convention yesterday.GGG becomes the full champion.
wow.

i recon the $ are worth it. govolkin will still want geales other belt. no damage done.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #93
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I said this weeks ago, Geale was vacating the WBA in his third confirmed duck of GGG.
Danny is fast being knock as duckiel Geale
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #94
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
I said this weeks ago, Geale was vacating the WBA in his third confirmed duck of GGG.
Danny is fast being knock as duckiel Geale

austin trout.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #95
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you had any idea, you would know that Trout had agreed to fight Mundine for $160 000, double his highest career payday, at the exchange of contracts he sent it back with a new demand of $400 000, with a clause giving him control of Choc's next fight.
A total bullshit demand after agreeing to terms.

This is why the fight did not happen and no other reason!
Not that it matters an iotta, choc to take Geale IBF belt like candy from a baby
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #96
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

sven ottke had 3 KO's in his career. one of them was mundog...in a coma. he had a couple of TKOs as well. he had a 17% ko rate....

geale has a 51% KO rate....

since their last controversial SD fight, geale is 3 years better, and won 2 world titles against quality opponents. mundog is 3 years older, faded, never won a world title, and has a glass jaw...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #97
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Geale and Golovkin contest the WBA title not too far into 2013.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #98
The Spider

vCash:

Don Raphael's view of Daniel Geale and the WBA >>>

Now, I don't blame Geale one iota for electing to defend his IBF belt against Anthony Mundine, which is the fight on the board for him in January. Both hail from Australia, and it's a big-deal rematch there because it was Mundine who handed Geale his only loss, in 2009.

No, Geale is not ducking Golovkin, as some have suggested. It's simply a matter of economics. At the moment, fighting Mundine is far more lucrative than fighting Golovkin.

"Whilst I enjoyed unifying titles and being crowned the WBA super champion, it has become ultimately clear to me that it is impossible to keep all the belts," Geale said. "I am aware of my mandatory obligations. However, I felt that the challenge from Anthony Mundine was an opportunity to settle the score once and for all, and I want to thank the IBF for granting me the exception that creates a fight which will please all Australian boxing fans.

"As I proudly remain the IBF world champion, I wish the WBA and whoever they crown the same short-lived pleasure, as I will be coming to reclaim what is rightfully mine."

Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #99
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Yes. It will be a huge purse. Far more than a fight with the dangerous Golovkin.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #100
Mr Packer

This is the problem with boxing. Geale has mandate fights but goes for the money fight. The press and public say he is ripped off. But who should get the right to fight the champ, the guy who earned it, or the guy who brings the most money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Don Raphael's view of Daniel Geale and the WBA >>>

Now, I don't blame Geale one iota for electing to defend his IBF belt against Anthony Mundine, which is the fight on the board for him in January. Both hail from Australia, and it's a big-deal rematch there because it was Mundine who handed Geale his only loss, in 2009.

No, Geale is not ducking Golovkin, as some have suggested. It's simply a matter of economics. At the moment, fighting Mundine is far more lucrative than fighting Golovkin.

"Whilst I enjoyed unifying titles and being crowned the WBA super champion, it has become ultimately clear to me that it is impossible to keep all the belts," Geale said. "I am aware of my mandatory obligations. However, I felt that the challenge from Anthony Mundine was an opportunity to settle the score once and for all, and I want to thank the IBF for granting me the exception that creates a fight which will please all Australian boxing fans.

"As I proudly remain the IBF world champion, I wish the WBA and whoever they crown the same short-lived pleasure, as I will be coming to reclaim what is rightfully mine."

Mr Packer is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #101
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

geale did the right thing. mundine supporters should be happy, geale supporters should be happy.

any angst should be directed at the WBA for shortening thier mandatory fight by date, from 9 months to 4 and a half. had greale been given the usual 9 months, he could have fought both mundine AND govolkin. the WBA knew that. they are just being assholes.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #102
The Spider

vCash:

Daniel Geale vs Felix Sturm - Prefight from The Bleacher Report >>>

Here is a bold statement, but one I firmly believe in:

Felix Sturm is one of the most underrated fighters of the last 10 years.

One of boxing's most overlooked fighters will battle another lesser-known, but formidable, combatant in Daniel "Real Deal" Geale on Saturday in Oberhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.

Despite Sturm's lack of notoriety, he is a champion. He currently holds the WBA Super World Middleweight title, and Gaele is the current IBF champion.

This is just another confirmation that titles mean little in the sport today. This is a fight between two world champions, who collectively have three losses, yet it isn't even on television in the United States.

Sturm is 33 years old, and he's been fighting professionally since he was 22. Geale is 31, but he began his professional career a little later, at the age of 24.

Throughout both fighter's careers, they have been ignored, and other fighters in the middleweight and super middleweight divisions have received more attention. This has been the case despite the fact that the men collectively hold a record of 24-1-2 over the past five years.

Perhaps battling each other will give the victor some of the spoils he's been missing from the sport.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #103
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Sturm was robbed against De La Hoya.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #104
The Spider

vCash:

September 1st 2012, and Daniel Geale defeats WBA world titleholder Felix Sturm, and by adding that title to his IBF title, makes history by becoming the first Australian born fighter to unify two world titles >>>

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YulN9sZ1oiA[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #105
The Spider

vCash:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKdcoZwYE5g[/ame]

"Daniel Geale upsets the odds and beats Felix Sturm to unify the WBA Super World and IBF Middleweight Championships" - BoxNation.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum