Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 350 47.88%
Disagree 381 52.12%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #5686
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I've said from the beginning, that Arum deserves his part of the blame for this. Do you even read posts? Besides, nothing you posted is a real deal breaker, and is just gossip shit anyway. Yeah yeah...needles....get some new material. And honestly, I have no idea why you guys think a stadium is such a bad idea. This is a fight for the fans, not the ****in high rollers who get a lot of the free and ringside tix.
The beggining of what? Because it isn't in this thread, and no, I don't have a recollection of your posts.

You say get some new material, but if you didn't overlook the obvious it wouldn't need to be brought up

None of this is gossip, it's things Arum has said with his own mouth, because he doesn't want to make the fight

The Stadium wasn't a serious idea ffs why is it even being discussed

That was just an excuse from Arum saying the fight couldn't happen in May, which was why he also doubled up on his bullshit and said Emmanuel had a cut that would take 6 months to heal

I doubt Floyd will work with Arum period, the two haven't done so since they split, and given Arums history with Floyd, Oscar & even Pacquiao I don't particularly blame him

It's just a shame he's Pacquiao (and Donaire & Rigo and previously Gamboa & Rios etc) and a few others guys promoter
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #5687
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

more excuses for floyd gayweather
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #5688
Chezzie
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 21
vCash: 716
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

This has been clear from the very beginning. Look at the history, when was the last time Mayweather has fought a TR fighter.

He doesn't want to line Arums pocket, as it will be the biggest purse Manny & Arum will get. I still don't understand why Manny still wants to work with Arum. Can't he see he dodgy after the Marquez and Bradley incidents.
Chezzie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #5689
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,459
vCash: 115
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

Health comes first...and what if I lose??- Floyd Mayweather Jr.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y31Xq5tzbLM[/ame]
dodong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #5690
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezzie View Post
This has been clear from the very beginning. Look at the history, when was the last time Mayweather has fought a TR fighter.

He doesn't want to line Arums pocket, as it will be the biggest purse Manny & Arum will get. I still don't understand why Manny still wants to work with Arum. Can't he see he dodgy after the Marquez and Bradley incidents.
& visionquest
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #5691
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
The beggining of what? Because it isn't in this thread, and no, I don't have a recollection of your posts.

You say get some new material, but if you didn't overlook the obvious it wouldn't need to be brought up

None of this is gossip, it's things Arum has said with his own mouth, because he doesn't want to make the fight

The Stadium wasn't a serious idea ffs why is it even being discussed

That was just an excuse from Arum saying the fight couldn't happen in May, which was why he also doubled up on his bullshit and said Emmanuel had a cut that would take 6 months to heal

I doubt Floyd will work with Arum period, the two haven't done so since they split, and given Arums history with Floyd, Oscar & even Pacquiao I don't particularly blame him

It's just a shame he's Pacquiao (and Donaire & Rigo and previously Gamboa & Rios etc) and a few others guys promoter
The beginning of this whoel fiasco. Pardon me if I don't repeat myself EACH and every time. Look, NONE of those have been deal breakers like what Floyd has put forth. And in case you hadn't noticed, Floyd has not made any good faith negotiations here. LIke I said in another post, it's pretty much a group of posters here on ESB who still think Floyd has no blame in this. He's made the roadblacks that have put a stop to this. Get over it...I sure am.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #5692
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

arums pockets r already filled. he doesnt need floyds help for that. sign the contract chicken shite. u got your drug tests, splits, what else do u want. now the fairy wants arum out of the picture. what a joke
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #5693
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

didnt Oscar say the fishnet pics were fake?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #5694
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
arums pockets r already filled. he doesnt need floyds help for that. sign the contract chicken shite. u got your drug tests, splits, what else do u want. now the fairy wants arum out of the picture. what a joke
Manny agree to the 40 mil offer?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #5695
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,459
vCash: 115
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
Oct 31, 2012, ESNEWS.

Oscar De La Hoya:

'' The bottom line is, and this is coming from Mayweather, and i'm not speaking for nobody, is that If Bob Arum is involved with Manny Pacquiao then Mayweather does not want to fight him''.

''That's the bottom line''.

Skip to: 0:12

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
....and Oscar should remember that Arum agreed for Pac to fight him when everybody thought Pac doesn't have a chance.
dodong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #5696
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
The beginning of this whoel fiasco. Pardon me if I don't repeat myself EACH and every time. Look, NONE of those have been deal breakers like what Floyd has put forth. And in case you hadn't noticed, Floyd has not made any good faith negotiations here. LIke I said in another post, it's pretty much a group of posters here on ESB who still think Floyd has no blame in this. He's made the roadblacks that have put a stop to this. Get over it...I sure am.
You don't seem to see the point do you

Bob Arum makes up excuses in order to stop the fight from happening

These aren't demands, or negotiating tactics, they are made up excuses plain & simple and there isn't even any way around that
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #5697
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
You don't seem to see the point do you

Bob Arum makes up excuses in order to stop the fight from happening

These aren't demands, or negotiating tactics, they are made up excuses plain & simple and there isn't even any way around that
You don't seem to get it. Those aren't really issues, it's just gossip shit. Maybe e you are desperate to think Pac REALLY was afraid of needles, or that somehow his supposely being afraid was what kept the fight from happenening. No, it was originally the testing porocedures. And what you probably don't get, it's not only the kinds of test, it's who over sees them. Right now, ONLY GBP and/or Mayweather (his atty as well) are whom can see the test results. Not Top rank, not the NSAC. And IF they are to fight, UNDER the testing Floyd wants, the NSAC MUST be able to see them. Right now that's never been the case. So its bigger then just that, but the big picture is just a blur to small minds. The stadium was an idea, not something set in stone. You just aren't someone who sees the big picture, someone who thinks critically on this. I can, just as I can see how Arum has made this difficult as well. But being difficult is NOT the same as putting roadblocks. How many more ATGs need to come out and question whether Floyd really wanted to face Pac? How many more articles need to come out questioning Floyd's motives, motivations, and willingness to face Pac? You ESB floyd fanboys are the ones who don't get it, and it's likely you never will. You probably don't know, but there were several articles written on how if Pac accepted the testing, Floyd would come up with something new. And he has. Again, and again.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #5698
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

What are you talking about gossip?!

Have I mentioned needles? I don't remember doing so.

Have I even mentioned Pacquiao?

Arum does not want to make the fight

There is no way around this

I'm not going to read your nauseating wall of text
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #5699
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I've said from the beginning, that Arum deserves his part of the blame for this. Do you even read posts? Besides, nothing you posted is a real deal breaker, and is just gossip shit anyway. Yeah yeah...needles....get some new material. And honestly, I have no idea why you guys think a stadium is such a bad idea. This is a fight for the fans, not the ****in high rollers who get a lot of the free and ringside tix.
Arum is at fault 100% why this fight is not happening. He made the PAC vs Cotto fight which changed everything. PAC was easy work before the Cotto fight. After that Floyd was so terrified, he saw PAC knocked Cotto down who Mosley couldn't. Because of this Floyd health became first everytime they ask Floyd if he's going to fight PAC.
prelude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #5700
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,316
vCash: 816
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
What's wrong with you

Did Arum not say a goddamn stadium needed to be built

A cut needed to heal

He didn't know who to ring

He wasn't answering the calls

He wanted Pac - JMM IV

etc

etc

Don't try to make this out like Arum is keen for it to happen because that's pure stupidity
Schooling of the highest order. Well done, V.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013