boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is now meaningless?
Agree 421 43.95%
Disagree 537 56.05%
Voters: 958. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #6016
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
He hasn't been keen on making the fight STRICTLY on Floyd's terms, just as Floyd would not if Arum tried to call all the shots. But of course, this would just be another roadblock from Mayweather that for some odd reason, idiots like you cannot see. Tests? Pac agreed. Date/venue? Pac agreed. Purse parity in favor of Floyd? Pac agreed. Now Floyd expects this fight to be made w/o Pac's own promoter. How ****in gullible are you? Oh wait, maybe this is just another stipulation, right Beiber?

You can say this is a roadblock for Mayweather but truth is that Arum has stated that a Mayweather/Pac won't happen if GBP is involved. So who do we blame? I say Pac, Mayweahter and Arum all have guilt in this fight never happening. Its 3 years too late anyways and won't happen as what ODLH is saying is a good "excuse" for Mayweather to use incase of a negotiation or question about him fighting Pac. "If Arum is involed, the fight ain't happening" which is similar to what Manny says when asked about the fight on live TV after his fights; "Its up to my promoter", and similar to what Arum said before; "If GBP is involved the fight is not happening".

Move on, there is nothing to see here.
str1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #6017
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao.

Zzzzzzzzzzz
BretN is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #6018
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

You need to remember May was a date they could have fought

Arum said 'we want to fight in may, but Floyd is going to jai'l

FLOYD MOVED THE DATE, then arum shat himself

'We can't fight in May, Pac has a cut'

'We reeeaaaly can't fight in May, we have to build a stadium'

'We want this fight in June (when Floyd was definitely going to be in jail'

Don't pretend you don't know what that is, it looks bad for you as person
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #6019
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Default Re: Oscar:If Arum is involved,Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
The stadium, Pac's cut, the "Ill talk to the judge and get floyd pardoned" were ****ing deal breakers since Arum was stalling until Floyd was in jail. Which is why Floyd booked early May.
those aren't deal breaks like forcing testing that isn't required, saying a fight CAN'T happen at 50-50 (which was fine before) and now saying one of the promoters cannot be involved. Don't be so niave. And Floyd booking a venue and date w/o even talking to the other side is not good-faith negotiating. If arum did the same thing, I'd expect Floyd to tell him to take a hike. And if you were as smart as you like to think you are, you'd realize that Floyd's availability wasn't always a guarntee. It was't until he postponed his entrance date that things got more clear. Do some homework Beiber...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #6020
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Do we seriously need to go through the list of things Arum has said about the fight

WHATEVER you think about Floyd, he's a ducker, he's a coward, etc etc, and whether you think he meant to follow through with it or not, when he called out Pacquiao to fight last May

Bob Arum could not make excuses quick enough, and all of the excuses (in addition to the ones prior) were obviously phony

If you can't see this, you are either blind, or have no brain
all those demands were from floyd, drug tests and split. pac agrees to it, he comes up with another ridiculous demand. i want all the ppv. when they get close to making the fight, he comes up with another excuse. i want arum out. what a little b--ch

no prime cotto, mosley, p williams, margarito. he needs pac. his legacy gets worst and worst by the day

when he was asked y is he fighting jmm, he said because jmm called him out. i lost track how many times pac called him out

aint nothing new with what floyd is doing. he waits until everything is in his favor, then he fights ya. hell never fight anyone until he is 100% sure he can beat them
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #6021
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Let's talk FACTS:

First, it was blood testing. - Yes

Then it was money. - No

Then it was a lack of urge. - What negotiation was this?

Now it's because of a promoter. - It was always because of a promoter (Arum cancelled the fight in 2010 and declined the fight in 2012)

turbotime is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #6022
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
You need to remember May was a date they could have fought

Arum said 'we want to fight in may, but Floyd is going to jai'l

FLOYD MOVED THE DATE, then arum shat himself

'We can't fight in May, Pac has a cut'

'We reeeaaaly can't fight in May, we have to build a stadium'

'We want this fight in June (when Floyd was definitely going to be in jail'

Don't pretend you don't know what that is, it looks bad for you as person
Only idiots like you take that serious. NO one just says where fighting here and on this date and expects the other side to just go along. There's more to that. Besides, Pac eventualy said he was fine with the date, and the venue, but wanted parity. Then what happened? You floyd fanboys are worse then beaten wives who keep going back to your man. Talk about fitting comparison....
Old 10-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #6023
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1 View Post
You can say this is a roadblock for Mayweather but truth is that Arum has stated that a Mayweather/Pac won't happen if GBP is involved. So who do we blame? I say Pac, Mayweahter and Arum all have guilt in this fight never happening. Its 3 years too late anyways and won't happen as what ODLH is saying is a good "excuse" for Mayweather to use incase of a negotiation or question about him fighting Pac. "If Arum is involed, the fight ain't happening" which is similar to what Manny says when asked about the fight on live TV after his fights; "Its up to my promoter", and similar to what Arum said before; "If GBP is involved the fight is not happening".

Move on, there is nothing to see here.
What exactly in the requirement for GBP again? They don't promote ANYONE in this game. Fight could have been made w/o their involvement more easily than is can w/o TR, since they actually promote on of the two guys fighting. GBP is just another mouth to feed....
Old 10-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #6024
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
those aren't deal breaks like forcing testing that isn't required, saying a fight CAN'T happen at 50-50 (which was fine before) and now saying one of the promoters cannot be involved. Don't be so niave. And Floyd booking a venue and date w/o even talking to the other side is not good-faith negotiating. If arum did the same thing, I'd expect Floyd to tell him to take a hike. And if you were as smart as you like to think you are, you'd realize that Floyd's availability wasn't always a guarntee. It was't until he postponed his entrance date that things got more clear. Do some homework Beiber...
How is testing a deal break when Pac is the ONLY fighter to ever turn down a contract with tougher drug tests?

Why would Floyd want Arum involved after all of the BS he's put pac and floyd through the last years?

At least Floyd is smart enough to leave.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #6025
dan4579
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 150

Yeah, this is getting pretty bad on Floyd's part. First the money, then the testing, then the money again, and now its the promoter...just admit you don't want to risk the 0. What kind of atg fighter is this!? Funny thing is, I personally have a hard time imagining Manny beating Floyd. Seems to me like Floyd's style is all wrong for Manny. If only Floyd was as confident in his skills as I am...
dan4579 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #6026
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 104601

These rival Promoters are the death of this fight. do not know what is going on behind the scene but this fight is practically dead and lost its appeal big time.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #6027
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4579 View Post
Yeah, this is getting pretty bad on Floyd's part. First the money, then the testing, then the money again, and now its the promoter...just admit you don't want to risk the 0. What kind of atg fighter is this!? Funny thing is, I personally have a hard time imagining Manny beating Floyd. Seems to me like Floyd's style is all wrong for Manny. If only Floyd was as confident in his skills as I am...
How was it the money first? Educate yourself first ****mouth.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #6028
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oh, and let's not forget that Team Mayweather claimed that no negotiations took place only for Ross Greenburg (then head of HBO and completely neutral party) to come out with an OFFICIAL STATEMENT and say that the fight was pretty much a done deal, and that Floyd is the only one who can answer why he walked away. On top of this, just a mere week before, Oscar told a Mexican journalist "We're close" when asked about the fight. Oscar IMMEDIATELY went on the defensive and claimed that his words were taken out of context.

"Yes, Manny Pacquiao, you're next!"

"Don't put words into my mouth, I never said Manny Pacquiao was next."

"I only say what the fans want to hear."

Why did you ignore ^^^ juicy facts?

They were close to making the fight, and Pac wouldn't accept full random testing like Mosley or Marquez would have.

They still wanted a cutoff.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #6029
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Oh, and let's not forget that Team Mayweather claimed that no negotiations took place only for Ross Greenburg (then head of HBO and completely neutral party) to come out with an OFFICIAL STATEMENT and say that the fight was pretty much a done deal, and that Floyd is the only one who can answer why he walked away. On top of this, just a mere week before, Oscar told a Mexican journalist "We're close" when asked about the fight. Oscar IMMEDIATELY went on the defensive and claimed that his words were taken out of context.

"Yes, Manny Pacquiao, you're next!"

"Don't put words into my mouth, I never said Manny Pacquiao was next."

"I only say what the fans want to hear."

Why did you ignore ^^^ juicy facts?

haha
Florez is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #6030
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
They were close to making the fight, and Pac wouldn't accept full random testing like Mosley or Marquez would have.

They still wanted a cutoff.

But Pac agreed to the blood test with a cut off date,
How about Mosley vs Mayweather,

Mayweather-Mosley fight and that the reports indicated the tests were taken 18 and 19 days before the fight.
Florez is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum