Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #31
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
They have both recently said that they are willing to fight each other.
Neither has said "I want the fight."

For every quote you have of each of them saying "I'll sign the contract", I can give you 10 quotes of bullshit about how they've somehow become friends and they don't want to fight each other. In fact I think I recall Jones saying flat out that he "doesn't want to be the guy that beats Anderson Silva."

It's clear that neither would step into the cage with each other. They are reluctant at best.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #32
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

For all all ten of your quotes saying they won't do it, I'll give you their most recent quotes saying that they are willing. They don't have to want it, they just have to be willing.

There have been many fights that two guys didn't particularly want, but they did it anyway.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #33
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

$$$$$ Talks.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #34
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
For all all ten of your quotes saying they won't do it, I'll give you their most recent quotes saying that they are willing. They don't have to want it, they just have to be willing.

There have been many fights that two guys didn't particularly want, but they did it anyway.
They will be willing. Once the $$$ gets there. They're professional prizefighters, I'm not saying that either of them will be scared to face the other or anything stupid like that.

I'm just saying that it's amusing and sad that the blame for this one not happening is often laid at Dana's feet, when it's very clear that both men would rather fight pretty much anyone else. Neither man will be concerned if this fight never happens. If that's the case, there's only so much a promoter can do. Cranking up the money and attempting to publicly shame them into accepting the fight are pretty much his only options.

And it's telling that you say Anderson and Jones have recent quotes saying they are "willing", as opposed to either of them saying "Yeah I want the fight."

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #35
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

If Anderson gets enough time to train solely for this fight I think he'll win, he'll figure out a way.

Can you imagine if Anderson turned Matrix on Jones and lit his ass up?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #36
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post

Can you imagine if Anderson turned Matrix on Jones and lit his ass up?
Yes, and it's a very enticing thought
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #37
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA USA USA
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

silva by ko
blagovech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #38
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Yes, and it's a very enticing thought
Ohhh yes
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #39
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
If Anderson gets enough time to train solely for this fight I think he'll win, he'll figure out a way.

Can you imagine if Anderson turned Matrix on Jones and lit his ass up?
You dont have to imagine it, its basically almost a reality. The thing that will surprise people is the difficulty Jones will have in taking Silva down.
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #40
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
You dont have to imagine it, its basically almost a reality. The thing that will surprise people is the difficulty Jones will have in taking Silva down.
Every time Jones has really committed to a takedown, he has succeeded, and against guys with very good TDD. He will take Silva down, if he doesn't get knocked out in the process of trying.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #41
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Honest to god if Jones beat him i'd be devastated, beyond devastated.

Anderson is up there with Ali and Tyson for me as in fighters I idolise, to see him beat would be horrible, especially If it was by vicious ground and pound.

Make no mistakes though, if Jones tries to stand with him Anderson WILL find a way to tap that ass.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #42
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Honest to god if Jones beat him i'd be devastated, beyond devastated.

Anderson is up there with Ali and Tyson for me as in fighters I idolise, to see him beat would be horrible, especially If it was by vicious ground and pound.

Make no mistakes though, if Jones tries to stand with him Anderson WILL find a way to tap that ass.

I hated the guy since the Leites/Maia fiasco which was despicable but Im very objective about things and I cant deny that Hes the greatest Ive ever seen. Videos dont lie.
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #43
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,284
vCash: 157
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

As long as they both keep winning - they will fight. How ****ed up would it be if Sonnen upset Jones and ruined the whole thing? Same thing happened back in the day when Randy Couture spoiled the Belfort/Maurice Smith matchup that would have produced fireworks.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #44
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Every time Jones has really committed to a takedown, he has succeeded, and against guys with very good TDD. He will take Silva down, if he doesn't get knocked out in the process of trying.

I think the knocked out in the process of trying is more likely. Look He will hold him down against the fence but He will not be able to keep him down. And the longer the fight goes it would be a stand up fight. Silva would absolutely tear Jones up in standing, I cannot get over it.
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #45
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Dana White: Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Will 'Absolutely' Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
How ****ed up would it be if Sonnen upset Jones and ruined the whole thing?
Dana White would jump off his casino balcony.

(at least the Palms Casino wouldn't be the ones who had to clean up the mess)
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013