Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #31
frankd01
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: DANNY GREEN vs SHANE CAMERON 2012-11-21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
No. If you pay attention above people have gone to the effort of explaining the reasons for disliking Green. The "Tall Poppy Syndrome" should not be used for as a catch all for any criticism or dislike of a public figure.
So yours is "exaggerated claims of greatness".

Are the claims from Green or his supporters?

In Mundine's case they are part of his public persona. He likes to polarize boxing fans so they either want to see him get beat or they like him.
frankd01 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #32
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankd01 View Post

In Mundine's case they are part of his public persona. He likes to polarize boxing fans so they either want to see him get beat or they like him.
Danny Green cast aside the 'humility' act somewhere around the Roy Jones fight. I'm not armed with a stockpile of quotes to defend my opinion but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is aware of it.

That being said I have no problem with anyone being a fair minded supporter of either fighter
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #33
Dazz

Whatever you think of him, he has done pretty well to generate so many sales for this fight, especially given the attention the geale/mundine fight is getting.
Dazz is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #34
frankd01
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Danny Green cast aside the 'humility' act somewhere around the Roy Jones fight. I'm not armed with a stockpile of quotes to defend my opinion but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is aware of it.

That being said I have no problem with anyone being a fair minded supporter of either fighter
I think both bring positives to boxing in Aus. They keep the casual fan interested, which hopefully lifts the profile of other Aussie boxers (and in turn increases the money they make).

However I do agree that the media does not give enough coverage to other Aussie fighters like Geale Katsidis, Bika, Vic ect. who seem to have more profile overseas than here. However, for Geale, fighting Mundine (especially if he wins) win bring him more of a fan base.
frankd01 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #35
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
I think both bring positives to boxing in Aus. They keep the casual fan interested, which hopefully lifts the profile of other Aussie boxers (and in turn increases the money they make).

However I do agree that the media does not give enough coverage to other Aussie fighters like Geale Katsidis, Bika, Vic ect. who seem to have more profile overseas than here. However, for Geale, fighting Mundine (especially if he wins) win bring him more of a fan base.
I'm currently overseas and it seems to me that Geale's last win didn't get much coverage until the fight with Mundine was announced.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #36
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Tarver or crazy Kim ???
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #37
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 86

Even the Kiwis call Cameron.
The Mountain Goat
The Jackal is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #38
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Yeah, I was absolutely disgusted when he said that stuff about Geale not being a true Aboriginal and disrespecting his wife and kids because they're white oh wait...

**** off ****ant,it really shows your unique lack of braincells that your response is something that mundine said....
We are talking about the hasbeen ****snot ridgey didge fake fighter danny green here...not your hero mundine.
bazil is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #39
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Even the Kiwis call Cameron.
The Mountain Goat
You can thank Tua for starting that one, he brought the Goat to their pre-fight press conference.
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #40
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Yeah, I was absolutely disgusted when he said that stuff about Geale not being a true Aboriginal and disrespecting his wife and kids because they're white oh wait...
What a fcking hypocrite you are ya maggot. You cry when someone brings up Danny in a Mundine post yet here you are bringing up Mundine in a Green post. Mundine has NOTHING On your idol for the fckwit of the century award. Your Idol has cheated the sport so much, back flipped, lied and got in bed with a corrupt orgnisation. Dont matter how much polish you put on Danny and how much sht you throw at Mundine, at the end of the day Danny is always going to be a dirty stinking TURD! Just like you BRUAGIRL!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #41
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
I don't see how that undoes all the good he has done, he bought roy jones jr over here, as well as antonio tarver, that is two hall of famers right there. He has consistently put on excellent undercards which give exposure to up and coming prospects, and gives them reasonable purses, and he is constantly in the media shoving the sport down the casual fan's face. Also, if any of the posters on here were in greens pr team, what would they have done after the briggs fiasco to control the damage? everybody loves to criticise but i haven't seen many alternatives as to what he did, which is preserve a little dignity for himself and the opponent.
U dont know everything mate, resonable purses my ass. What he has done is worse than Mundine making undercard fighters sell tickets. Go talk to someone in the know and you will discover the truth.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #42
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Can't understand all the hate for Green. Must be that 'Tall Poppy' syndrome that we seem to give to any athlete that archives a certain level of fame.

I have no problem with Green's last three opponents and believe that Cameron will be a tough fight. Would not be shocked if Cameron wins this at this stage of Green's career.

This Mundine Green thing is like the Ford Holden rivalry! I believe both have stepped up in their next fights and both are quite likely to lose. Will be watching both!
Look at Camerons opponent level CW and how he's looked against them. Green won't lose.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #43
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
You should be a psychologist mate, first he's racist for putting the word petrol and mundine in the same sentence and now he's flinching when they mention gambling.
I'm not the only one who noticed it, A mate who is a big green fan messaged me just after it happened, Greeny was lost for words... are u saying you didn't notice it?
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #44
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Wednesday 31st Segment 1, 7 minute mark.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #45
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:

From Green.
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum