Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #76
bruiserh

vCash:
Default Re: The Real Deal stripped of WBA "super" title - Official

I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but Martin Murray is apparently fighting for the WBA interim title now too. How the **** does the WBA work?? Interim champion, regular champion and super champion makes such a joke to consider any of them a world champion.

Last edited by bruiserh; 11-02-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: because a word champion is someone who rocks at scrabble!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #77
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
If mundine wins I still classify it as beating a unified world champ. Doesn't change my opinion that this will be one of the biggest fights in Aussie history
DW he wont beat geale
pourya is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #78
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Geale and his team knew of the obligations they would have to take on prior to the Sturm fight. Even though the WBA have done the dirt on him, its not as if they sprung it on him out of nowhere.
That's a good point!

It's the same as the winner of Geale - Mundine II knowing in advance that they will have to fight Sam Soliman according to the IBF.

Whether the winner does or doesn't is another story, but the same rule may apply like the WBA have done here.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #79
bruiserh

vCash:

Good article from Scott Christ on the situation....I like Scott. Doesn't pull any punches. See below.

"Daniel Geale is predictably outraged, and rightly so, by the WBA's ludicrous decision to strip him of his middleweight title belt, and has lashed out at the sanctioning body, which never even sent him the title belt he won in September from Felix Sturm.

Geale is taking basically the same stance anyone with a brain would, that he's being very clearly screwed by the organization. After years of not forcing favored son Sturm to face a mandatory challenger, the WBA has chosen to blame Geale for not facing Gennady Golovkin immediately after winning his title, instead opting for a bigger money bout in Australia with Anthony Mundine in January.

"What Felix Sturm did by not defending against the mandatory had nothing to do with me,'' Geale said. "But they gave me half the time frame they usually give for a mandatory defence. I have no problem fighting Golovkin, but if I did it would mean going to the US and fighting on a small card with crap money for a title fight.

"The Mundine fight is much more viable, it helps my profile massively and is a better money fight, and opens doors in the US. If I had taken the mandatory with the WBA, then I'm quite sure the IBF would have stripped me so I was in a no-win situation."

This is an obvious case of typical boxing political nonsense, nothing at all to do with fairness or sport, and everything to do with bureaucratic, money-grubbing B.S.

There's really not much more to say about it than that. Geale is mad, and he should be. He's calling them out for what is a completely transparent and bogus decision, and it's good that he is. I'm not even saying Geale-Mundine II is some great fight, and I don't agree with him that it opens any doors in the U.S., because it doesn't -- Mundine is nobody here, and the fight is about making money at home, and getting revenge for Geale's only career loss. And that's fine. But it's impossible to disagree with the idea that he's being shafted by boxing's usual crap. It's exactly what has happened.

Maybe next, Golovkin can be offered a terrible deal to face Sturm, one so bad that he'll turn it down, and Sturm can face Julien Marie Sainte for the vacant title."
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #80
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Geale should be refunded the sanctioning fee he paid to the WBA for the Felix Sturm fight.

The State boxing authorities in this country should withdraw accreditation from the WBA and prevent them from being involved in the sport in this country (not that they've ever contributed much anyway).

It's time this country ****ed the WBA off permanently.
I think it's pretty poor form he has been stripped of his title before he has even received his belt. That's pretty ridiculous!
dominator is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #81
PIRA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
I think it's pretty poor form he has been stripped of his title before he has even received his belt. That's pretty ridiculous!

Yep - for a supposed world body this is ridiculous.

IMO a clear sign of disrespect and showing the clear intent that the WBA was going to **** over Geale at any possible opportunity.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 AM   #82
Macho Camacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
The useless ****ers haven't even sent him a belt.

I managed to get myself a brand new WBA world championship belt last week & yet they can't even send one to a guy who won it in the ring two months ago.

The WBA is a ****ing joke and ought to be prohibited from being involved in the sport in this country.
It's up to the promotor to get the belt.
Macho Camacho is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #83
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
Oh guys cmon this is all theatre..geale never showed the WBA belt when with mundine at the presser.he knew then and this is building for a grudge match with GGG in 2013..
Hbo are behind this...
Hey Genius, did it ever cross ur mind that Geale didnt put the belt on show because he has yet to recieve one from the WBA or you just dont read boxing articles/news?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #84
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

U idiot he didn't even mention the WBA title ....Go to church it's Sunday
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 AM   #85
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Either way, geale will go and try to reclaim the belt after fighting mundine
raff is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #86
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Either way, geale will go and try to reclaim the belt after fighting mundine
Yeah, but won't he have to fight Sam first?
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 04:19 AM   #87
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

yup sam first which by then they can generate some hype about he fight in melbourne so it should give him some coin...then go to the staes for GGG...AND by late next year it should be another good payday for geale...2013 will make geale a millionier twice over
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #88
Mr Packer

would make more fighting Soliman in Melbourne with the winner billed to fight Mundine. Mundine is the name, its just a simple fact (why is Geale fighting him?), and Mundine's name would be used to sell Geale-Soliman (bcus Geale sure dont sell sh1t).

If Geale fights Soliman after Mundine (assuming he beats Mundine) then he is fighting a guy who a guy he just beat KOed and UD. Bit harder to sell that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
yup sam first which by then they can generate some hype about he fight in melbourne so it should give him some coin...then go to the staes for GGG...AND by late next year it should be another good payday for geale...2013 will make geale a millionier twice over
Mr Packer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum