Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #16
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Terry Carruthrs Post fight interview 'I'm not a journeyman' *class act*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Definitely, Ochieng is at the upper end of English titleholders outside of future world class operators on their way through the traditional route.

Comes across as a great bloke and has gained some more fans tonight. Unfortuneately is one of the many boxers who get thrown onto the scrap heap because they aren't big draws. Good, solid fighters who give prospects tough fights on next to no preparation but without a good promoter/manager end up with less than stellar records. Much like that welsh lad who fought not so long back who was getting a lot of love on here (Tony Pace?).
Yeah it's a shame, Terry has had a good year all round really beating Amar and fighting Eubank Jnr and PF finalist. I've heard he's got a rematch with Nav Mansouri in Feb lined up on a Coldwell show which is nice.

Yeah Tony Pace, he's doing well Matt got a title fight coming. He's won a few and lost one since the Heffron display. I think thankfully people saw he wasn't a bad fighter and started matching him like a 18 year old.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Terry Carruthrs Post fight interview 'I'm not a journeyman' *class act*

Based on his work in this and against Eubank Jr where he wasn't out of his depth its hard to understand the losing record prior to this. Maybe a lack of belief after a tough start to his career but he seems to have some ability at this level and might be one of those late developers that end up with a crud record that people tend to underrate (see Orlando Salido)
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Based on his work in this and against Eubank Jr where he wasn't out of his depth its hard to understand the losing record prior to this. Maybe a lack of belief after a tough start to his career but he seems to have some ability at this level and might be one of those late developers that end up with a crud record that people tend to underrate (see Orlando Salido)
I think if he was judged fairly rather then him being the Journeyman and away fighter he'd probably have 17 wins and 7 losses. I was at the Qato fight and it was close. That was the fight that made me sit up and take notice of him.

I also think he hadn't found his correct weight, fighting at SMW and LMW and then MW. It's a bit of a career mess..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I think if he was judged fairly rather then him being the Journeyman and away fighter he'd probably have 17 wins and 7 losses. I was at the Qato fight and it was close. That was the fight that made me sit up and take notice of him.

I also think he hadn't found his correct weight, fighting at SMW and LMW and then MW. It's a bit of a career mess..
exactly! he's got 6 draws, and you just know being the away fighter a draw = deserved the win so thats 6 wins he probably should have had.

I've seen him fight a couple of times, def not a journeyman hes sort of like a domestic gatekeeper. if he would have a big promotional company behind him he could easyily be about 20-0 now in contention for a british title its just how boxing works
andrebishop is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yeah it's a shame, Terry has had a good year all round really beating Amar and fighting Eubank Jnr and PF finalist. I've heard he's got a rematch with Nav Mansouri in Feb lined up on a Coldwell show which is nice.

Yeah Tony Pace, he's doing well Matt got a title fight coming. He's won a few and lost one since the Heffron display. I think thankfully people saw he wasn't a bad fighter and started matching him like a 18 year old.
Well good luck to the lad, hopefully he can get more out of his career from now on with a bit of support from the online hardcores. Good point about the draws and not to mention many of his losses were early or against tough opposition.

I had a little check just after that and I was glad to see he'd bagged a few wins. Those early tough times could really help him as a fighter and may well turn into a good domestic fighter in a few years with a fairer record due to some decent management.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebishop View Post
I've seen him fight a couple of times, def not a journeyman hes sort of like a domestic gatekeeper. if he would have a big promotional company behind him he could easyily be about 20-0 now in contention for a british title its just how boxing works
or the prestigious WBO intercontinental pan-ruby gold title
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
Hamas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Don't like him
Hamas is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
madg321
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 642

Quality.... good for boxing a few quid in his pocket will help him train. Fair play... war
madg321 is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
Jimmyhammer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Came across really well in that interview, saw him for the first time against Eubank Jr when he easily held is own. Hopefully he'll get his break soon.
Jimmyhammer is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamas View Post
Don't like him
why?
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #26
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

what is he then?
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #27
chieftainduke
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Says it in the interview pal, think the loser of the semi gets 8k and loser of quarters gets 4k.
That's it 32K winner, 16K runner up, 8K then 4K after that.

2K bonus for any KO at any stage.
chieftainduke is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #28
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

good lad

also shows that eubank jnr has been matched with tough fighters so far
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #29
maley1984
tommy male
ESB Full Member

a good tough lad, mostly the away fighter on days notice. jon pegg got him training properly sorting his weighed out now cant see many managers ringing to put kids in with him now after pf.
maley1984 is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 AM   #30
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftainduke View Post
That's it 32K winner, 16K runner up, 8K then 4K after that.

2K bonus for any KO at any stage.
So 80,000,000 in total before any bonus.
Jonsey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum