Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #121
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson would have beaten George Foreman and heres why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo View Post
My mistake I meant Jose Ribalta of course.

A slip of the memory but I'm sure someone with Tysons balls in their mouth 24/7 would know who I was referring to anyway as it was the only stoppage Mike scored past the 7th round in his entire career.

Which doesn't really alter anything anyway. It was another fight in which so called peak Tyson couldn't steamroll a so-so opponent, an opponent of similar height to George but way less physical strength and power.

And I did watch the Bonecrusher fight....once. It stank and Tyson looked ordinary even with Bonecrusher's horrible,negative almost cowardly tactics.

Also I refuse to cut him any slack for the Green and Tillis fights. He can't have been that much of a novice if he won a world title and put on one of his very best displays in that very same year against Trevor Berbick. Tyson in 1986 was as good as he ever was but for all his speed,power and natural talent he still had flaws and he could still be troubled on a given night and against some less than stellar opposition.

All this makes me doubt he walks through Foerman like Tysons fans seem to think he would.
LOL Tyson destroyed Ribalta, you really must be a dumb mofo to post this kind of nonsense. Many consider the Ribalta fight to be Tyson's best. The guy who made this video certainly did (notice the title)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58aMy4MzVsU[/ame]

The Tyson of the Ribalta fight would've KTFO'ed any version of Foreman

You clearly don't watch these fights and just regurgitate the same BS repeated by people who look up any Tyson fights that go the distance. Tyson destroyed Green who did nothing but hold and even knocked his teeth out. He fought Tillis and Green within 2 weeks of each other and still looked very good in both fights and proved he could go into the later rounds without any real stamina problems, unlike Foreman who be put to sleep by a gentle breeze in the late rounds. And NONE of these guys fight anything like Foreman at all! They were all athletic, boxers punchers who were mobile and had very good chins ... Foreman is nothing like that. Tyson KOed guys that had never been knocked out before ... like Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tubbs, Larry Holmes etc.

Foreman is just a brute without any real skill .... a past prime Ali beat him down and made him look foolish. A light heavyweight in Michael Moorer out boxed old Foreman easy ... imagine what destruction Tyson would lay to him if they fought in the early or even mid 90s

Last edited by KidDynamite; 10-31-2012 at 10:29 PM.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #122
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
LOL Tyson destroyed Ribalta, you really must be a dumb mofo to post this kind of nonsense. Many consider the Ribalta fight to be Tyson's best. The guy who made this video certainly did (notice the title)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Tyson of the Ribalta fight would've KTFO'ed any version of Foreman

You clearly don't watch these fights and just regurgitate the same BS repeated by people who look up any Tyson fights that go the distance. Tyson destroyed Green who did nothing but hold and even knocked his teeth out. He fought Tillis and Green within 2 weeks of each other and still looked very good in both fights and proved he could go into the later rounds without any real stamina problems, unlike Foreman who be put to sleep by a gentle breeze in the late rounds.

Foreman is just a brute without any real skill .... a past prime Ali beat him down and made him look foolish.
Anyone can look awesome in a 3 minute highlight clip with multiple slow motion replays but the Ribalta fight was by Tysons own account an "off" night ( even allowing for Ribalta's gutsy effort) and the simple fact remains that Tyson couldn't put this journeyman away despite having him down and hurt early. This wasn't in any way one of his best displays.

Tyson didn't look good either against Tillis or Green. Sure he won and dominated against Green in particular but Tillis made it tricky and Tyson was wild and made plenty of mistakes against Green.

Maybe you should watch the fights in their entirety instead of going by 3 minute highlight videos. Highlight video's tend to miss the bits where Mike looks bad and gives people like you the wrong impression on Tysons invincibilty.
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #123
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He won by TKO so what are you on about??

I've seen that whole fight with Ribalta, but of course you haven't. Ribalta could barely even hit him with a jab and Mike was laying havoc to his body.

The uppercut he throws in round 2 of that fight would've put Foreman away for good and retired him. Or that 6 punch combo in the 8th round.

If Tyson "struggled" with Ribalta than Foreman looked like shit against Gregorio Peralta or Levi Forte (who was a journey man who had been KOed several times yet Foreman couldn't put him away)

And I find it hilarious that Tyson in slow motion is still faster than Foreman
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #124
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ribalta had been knocked out before, but some nights fighters come determined and they wont be stopped. Ribalta was mentally and physically ready that fight and came to fight. It was a perfect test for a young Tyson and Tyson beat the shit out of him and broke his will. It was certainly a turning point in Tyson's career and something his handlers were definitely wanting to see before taking Mike to the next step.
salty trunks is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #125
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeck View Post
A headbutt is an awful thing to experience. I feel like people who haven't experienced it don't quite understand because it not as visual as a clean knockdown.
Tyson still would have lost the fight, but it would have been much more competitive, Tyson clearly wasnt the same after the headbutt
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #126
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
My mistake I meant Jose Ribalta of course.
Ok Sorry my bad

Quote:
A slip of the memory but I'm sure someone with Tysons balls in their mouth 24/7 would know who I was referring to anyway as it was the only stoppage Mike scored past the 7th round in his entire career.
That might be because most of them were knocked out by then. There was only a handful that went past 7 rounds and only 4 of those beat him (Holyfield, lewis, Douglas and....Mcbride)

Quote:
Which doesn't really alter anything anyway. It was another fight in which so called peak Tyson couldn't steamroll a so-so opponent, an opponent of similar height to George but way less physical strength and power.
But guys who fought in a totally different style to Foreman, Tyson would have an easier time finding Foreman than he did Tucker.

Quote:
And I did watch the Bonecrusher fight....once. It stank and Tyson looked ordinary even with Bonecrusher's horrible,negative almost cowardly tactics.
Theres only so much u can do if the guy keeps grabbing and hugging you. The best action was after the bell of the first round where Smith says to Tyson (sarcastically) 'Whats wrong Mike?' and Tyson punches him in the face. In one of the later rounds Smith clinches Tyson and Tyson hits him with an elbow and Smith replies, 'You ****ing piece of crap'

Quote:
Also I refuse to cut him any slack for the Green and Tillis fights. He can't have been that much of a novice if he won a world title and put on one of his very best displays in that very same year against Trevor Berbick. Tyson in 1986 was as good as he ever was but for all his speed,power and natural talent he still had flaws and he could still be troubled on a given night and against some less than stellar opposition.
Yes but Tyson matured fast and his decline was equally fast.

Quote:
All this makes me doubt he walks through Foerman like Tysons fans seem to think he would.
I never said hed walk through Foreman, but i guarantee it would be a tougher fight than Frazier.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #127
Mega Lamps
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This thread is pathetic and its scary that it has gone on this long. Foreman stops Tyson early, between rounds 1-3. Different caliber of opponent and a bad matchup for Tyson.
Mega Lamps is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #128
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Lamps View Post
This thread is pathetic and its scary that it has gone on this long. Foreman stops Tyson early, between rounds 1-3. Different caliber of opponent and a bad matchup for Tyson.
What is pathetic is that a poor champion with a fragile mental makeup and dubious stamina who get a result against Tyson that an elite All Time Great heavy was unable to render against him a dozen years past his prime.
Seamus is online now  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #129
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post

I never said hed walk through Foreman, but i guarantee it would be a tougher fight than Frazier.
For sure.

It really is a pick'em kind of fight, one in which I chop and change all the time. Frazier had a heart like a lion and at his best was one of the very, very best Heavies of all time but peak Tyson was one of the most athletically gifted fighters you would ever see and the Foreman-Frazier comparison is irrelevant when talking about someone like Tyson.

I lean towards George just for his power and amazing strength (which even fat,old George still had in spades) but a Tyson win is also distinctly possible.

Two of the great physical forces of heavyweight history but with flaws. A really great match up.
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #130
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I think Foreman would knock Tyson out early. It's a matter of styles and physical dimensions.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #131
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Lamps View Post
How is this a bad matchup for Tyson?
Foreman would have been by far, the slowest guy Tyson has ever faced. Yes Foreman has an edge in power but he wouldnt land consistently enough. Tyson would outland Foreman.
Mike Tyson isnt Joe Frazier. He, wouldnt just try to overpower George, he would make him miss and make him pay. Even in 96' Tyson was ducking alot of punches from Holyfield (the ones he wasnt walking into).
Azzer85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum