East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Cortez wants to elevate judges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
TBH i agree with Laikaka.

If they need help try the following:

-ear plugs
-change seat every round or two. Maybe a different view?.

But for me a lot of these bad decisions are down to money and reputations. These bad call's never go in the way of the no mark.

TBH Judges may as well tell the fighters what they want before the fight happens.

Either way this wouldn't change a thing IMO.
Tim Bradley?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #32
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
That wouldn't help the sport at all.
Well they should change the rules of boxing! To where, fighters just fight until another fighter cannot make the count of 10.

The fight just keeps going on and on, until somebody is knocked down and cannot make the count of 10 or..? Until somebody quits.

Would solve allot of problems.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I have seen the point, and have chosen to ignore it slightly. Because the points i am making will have greater benefit to the judges.

Elevating the judges above the ropes, will make the judges look like ****ing pricks. They would get abused by ringside fans, in certain arena's.

It won't help them as much as my suggestion, of being in a special room, watching specially alternated coverage of the fight. Give the judges a opportunity to rewind and pause rounds in-between rounds, to access what ever camera angle they want! To analyse fighters in there corners etc.
Agree with this. You can monitor the sound of what is going in on in the ring perfectly with Modern day microphones. Cricket use snick'ometer to listen to the faintest sounds. I don't see why they don't try this out. Even Cricket, Tennis and Rugby the most traditional and conservative of sports have gone with the times and used visual technology as an aid. With tv judges can see, hear from all angles, they can even rewind watch in slow motion if they wanted.
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #34
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

You know what, yes, we shouldn't bother scoring fights live. We should just record it in HD (with an SD feed for PK) and get the judges to watch it the next morning and decide then. That way they can rewind it a few times, have a bit of a chat, look up how people felt about the fight online, and then score it.

Much better!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #35
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Whatever happens decisions like Huck v Arslan need to be sorted out. Now.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #36
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Tim Bradley?
He's not a no mark i didn't mean the big fights with two well known guys, I'm talking with regards to fights like Abril etc if Richard boxed terrible he wouldn't of won because he's not the main man or got any reason to be given a gift but with Rios he got one because of the promoter he's with etc. But The Bradley fight some say it's down to Arum etc. For me it's a closer fight then a lot of people like to say it was but that's one of very few times a lesser liked, and lower profile guy got the decision but then again i called Bradley to get the decision when many said he'd have no chance at all after Marquez.

But the unknown guys never usually get a decision if they lose on our cards. Very far and few between and that's due to various reasons that don't envolve the fight.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #37
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
He's not a no mark i didn't mean the big fights with two well known guys, I'm talking with regards to fights like Abril etc if Richard boxed terrible he wouldn't of won because he's not the main man or got any reason to be given a gift but with Rios he got one because of the promoter he's with etc. But The Bradley fight some say it's down to Arum etc. For me it's a closer fight then a lot of people like to say it was but that's one of very few times a lesser liked, and lower profile guy got the decision but then again i called Bradley to get the decision when many said he'd have no chance at all after Marquez.

But the unknown guys never usually get a decision if they lose on our cards. Very far and few between and that's due to various reasons that don't envolve the fight.
But the consensus was that it wasn't really a close fight at all. So, calling he'd get the decision when he was singularly unsuccessful throughout the fight (making your opponent look awkward isn't the same as outboxing them) seems a little odd.

But Tim is a no-mark commercially speaking.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #38
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You know what, yes, we shouldn't bother scoring fights live. We should just record it in HD (with an SD feed for PK) and get the judges to watch it the next morning and decide then. That way they can rewind it a few times, have a bit of a chat, look up how people felt about the fight online, and then score it.

Much better!
So you agree with Joey's stupid idea.

The judges, can be in a special purposely built judging box, somewhere in the arena. With special technology to view the fight, from multi camera angles, improve sound technology, where you can ether block the crowd noise out or add it into the action, pause and rewind live action as-well in-between rounds.

In gymnastic's judges are allowed to evaluate the athletes by re-watching the action on TV screen's.

Last edited by Primadonna Kool; 11-04-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #39
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
But the consensus was that it wasn't really a close fight at all. So, calling he'd get the decision when he was singularly unsuccessful throughout the fight (making your opponent look awkward isn't the same as outboxing them) seems a little odd.

But Tim is a no-mark commercially speaking.
Without being direspectful i couldn't give two hoots whether how the concensus saw it personally. There was plenty of conspiracy theories after the fight to why Bradley got the decision. I agree he's a no mark commercially but maybe he was used as a pawn in a Arum game many felt something went down i'm not sure what went on. That's one very rare exception where a lesser know guy got the nod and that was a more high profile fight with regards to guys fighting.

I'm looking at real genuine no mark's coming across and putting up a good display but losing to our eyes and getting the nod on judges card. It just doesn't happen bar maybe European title fights and that's for obvious reasons in itself.

Basically to the point i was trying to make, The higher profile guys have bad nights and get a pass like we saw with Rios vs Abril. Now if that was the lesser known fighter who had same level skillset then his opponent but just had a off night and lost on everyone's cards by 4 rounds.

You wouldn't see the guy win on judges scorecards 9 times out of 10 yet we constantly see well known fighters get beaten by no marks and get the nod all due to there name, profile, promoter and how they fit into the game etc.

It's nothing new what i'm saying, just putting into context the fact Judges can make out they need help scoring bouts with different view points etc etc but i agree with Laikaka totally. They are constantly performing badly because of outside influence IMO.

Hopefully that makes some sense .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #40
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Please, God no.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #41
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmybadger View Post
Couldn't they be put in a room with a live feed? they could have watch from mutiple angles then.
Yep that's a great idea , then we could just turn the gate valve and carbon minoxide the twats the next time they totally bend a fighter over .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #42
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

There's nothing wrong with the current system, dodgy decisions are down to dodgy judges, not what angle they're watching from. Cortez himself has made some really bad decisions himself as a ref, none of which had anything to with viewing angles.

Joe Cortez is just talking shit.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #43
Clint Eastwood
Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?!
ESB Full Member

They just need to watch a video feed with no noise (Home fans) and score fairly from that, no getting in anyones way aswell.
Clint Eastwood is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #44
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
They just need to watch a video feed with no noise (Home fans) and score fairly from that, no getting in anyones way aswell.
Who would supply the feed? If it was from the broadcaster then they could be influenced by replays between rounds which always highlight the house fighter. They could also be tempted to overrule the refs decisions regarding knockdowns, and fouls etc.

It's possible a video feed could create extra problems, without eliminating incompetent and corrupt judging.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #45
Jimi
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Still won't fix the problem with the green tinted spectacles.
Jimi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum