Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Who wins?
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, Esperantia
Posts: 24,956
vCash: 26664
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

heh heh heh
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,492
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

The 2010 Wladimir Klitschko knocks out Frank Bruno in mid-late rounds
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Sailor Liston
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Bruno by dec or late TKO
wladimir hace problems with thompson,and frank is thousend times better
Sailor Liston is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
The 2010 Wladimir Klitschko knocks out Frank Bruno in mid-late rounds
This is precisely how I see it. Bruno's jab may give Wlad a few problems early on, but wouldn't be able to get anything going on the inside. A left hook wobbles Frank and a big right from Wlad finishes him off midway through the 8th
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Sailor Liston
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Frank´s jab can finish jabimir
Sailor Liston is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Bruno was nearly 250 lbs at his best and had an 82" reach

Wlad is usually around 240 and only has an 81" reach

Bruno was also stronger from the looks of it and more heavily muscled ... shouldn't that give him the advantage according to klitschko reasoning?
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Wlad too athletic for plodding Bruno

Wlad stops Bruno late
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,641
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Bruno would come to fight and give a honest effort.
Klitschko would knock him out or have him helpless on the ropes around the 9th round.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Bruno would come to fight and give a honest effort.
Klitschko would knock him out or have him helpless on the ropes around the 9th round.
My thoughts.

It's a tit for tat fight at range for awhile. Frank had a great jab, and gave jabbers fits, but Wlad's is the best he would have fought. I think it'd be contentious and even, hunt and peck for awhile.

It ends when Wlad gets off a right that lands hard, though.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
My thoughts.

It's a tit for tat fight at range for awhile. Frank had a great jab, and gave jabbers fits, but Wlad's is the best he would have fought. I think it'd be contentious and even, hunt and peck for awhile.

It ends when Wlad gets off a right that lands hard, though.
Precisely. The pre-Steward Lewis that Bruno fought didn't utilise his jab to it's full potential by any means. Wlad's jab is slightly better compared to a prime Lewis (IMO) let alone the version Bruno fought. I don't think Bruno stays competitive for much longer than 4 rounds, which is about the time it would take for Wlad to give Frank a taste of his power. Bruno would get caught into the jab, jab, grab style Wlad uses and as soon as wlad steps up the offensive output he would put Frank away. This would probably be a few rounds after Bruno tasted Wlad's power as Frank had some serious firing power to and the younger brother would be well within his own right to be cautious of it.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbiano View Post
Precisely. The pre-Steward Lewis that Bruno fought didn't utilise his jab to it's full potential by any means. Wlad's jab is slightly better compared to a prime Lewis (IMO) let alone the version Bruno fought. I don't think Bruno stays competitive for much longer than 4 rounds, which is about the time it would take for Wlad to give Frank a taste of his power. Bruno would get caught into the jab, jab, grab style Wlad uses and as soon as wlad steps up the offensive output he would put Frank away. This would probably be a few rounds after Bruno tasted Wlad's power as Frank had some serious firing power to and the younger brother would be well within his own right to be cautious of it.
I've been up against both. Wlad's jab is better than Lewis, and its not a close argument, so you are right in my book. Lewis had a good jab, serviceable, quick, heavy, and long. A fine, fine weapon, but it was not the best, or the second best, I have encountered.

Part of it had to do with Lewis being very well rounded. He had the full arsenal of punches, and he used them. Wlad doesn't have short range punching, and uses his left hook very sparingly, almost always off the jab. This is the punch I think bothers Bruno, and opens the fight-ending right hand.

I don't think Frank would get comfortable with range, which he needed to open up, or get space to flail about, which is how he hurt Tyson. If it gets close, he's getting wrapped up. At range, he's at a decisive disadvantage in footwork and footspeed, and the more or less equal reaches(An inch or two has no practical effect on a fight) would be offset by the height differential.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
I've been up against both. Wlad's jab is better than Lewis, and its not a close argument, so you are right in my book. Lewis had a good jab, serviceable, quick, heavy, and long. A fine, fine weapon, but it was not the best, or the second best, I have encountered.

Part of it had to do with Lewis being very well rounded. He had the full arsenal of punches, and he used them. Wlad doesn't have short range punching, and uses his left hook very sparingly, almost always off the jab. This is the punch I think bothers Bruno, and opens the fight-ending right hand.

I don't think Frank would get comfortable with range, which he needed to open up, or get space to flail about, which is how he hurt Tyson. If it gets close, he's getting wrapped up. At range, he's at a decisive disadvantage in footwork and footspeed, and the more or less equal reaches(An inch or two has no practical effect on a fight) would be offset by the height differential.
Cheers for that bit of info Magna. Can you recall the years you sparred with Lewis and Wlad and your age at the time?
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbiano View Post
Cheers for that bit of info Magna. Can you recall the years you sparred with Lewis and Wlad and your age at the time?
Last time I sparred with Lennox would be the late late 1990's....Fighting him is the stronger memory, tbh. I'm gonna tell you what, it all hurt!

Wlad, I got to work with in Detroit before Ibragimov, and very briefly I volunteered him some rounds for Austin.

My age at the time would be a bit revealing, and I enjoy the fair conversation and trade of ideas that comes with anonymity . Keeps the trolls at bay, and keeps anybody from giving my opinion and analysis more weight than it deserves. In the end, we're all fans, and it's all a matter of perspective.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,492
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

MagnaNasakki,

Since you sparred with a prime Wladimir of recent years , can you give us your opinion on him? How do you rate his jab?
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013