MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Frank Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
MagnaNasakki,

Since you sparred with a prime Wladimir of recent years , can you give us your opinion on him? How do you rate his jab?
Highly. Very, very highly.

He's just a magnificent fighter. He belongs with the best I've shared the ring with, sparring and pro bouts. His jab feels like some right hands I've eaten, he no-sells it perfectly. Dictating range against him is horribly difficult; You go around, you're getting flashed with a hook or a right hand. You go under, hundreds of pounds of chiseled manflesh comes down on your back, and that does NOT feel good. He's brute strong and deceptively fast, and he could kill wild animals with his right cross.

I'd put him in with a great shot against any I've faced, and I'd pick him to beat 99% of them. Too much power, too strong, too masterful with spacing.

I can't personally attest to Frank Bruno, but he seems a level below this. I like what I see, and he clearly has some great attributes and savvy, but he lost most of his big fights by decisive knockout, and that speaks to problems.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #17
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I think Bruno would have a chance here. It would be competitive. Bruno probably gets caught by Wlads quick hands and cant recover, but Bruno could hurt Wlad and box with him as well I lean towards Wlad to win but wouldnt be surprised if Bruno stops him.

Has Wlad ever defeated a boxer puncher as good as Bruno?

Last edited by salty trunks; 11-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.
salty trunks is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #18
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
I'd put him in with a great shot against any I've faced, and I'd pick him to beat 99% of them. Too much power, too strong, too masterful with spacing.
Sup, man.

You'd pick Wlad over Lewis? How would you see that play out?

Also, hypothetically, if the two brothers weren't brothers, what do you think about that fight?
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlesX7 View Post
Sup, man.

You'd pick Wlad over Lewis? How would you see that play out?

Also, hypothetically, if the two brothers weren't brothers, what do you think about that fight?
Hey bro!

Nah, Wlad wouldn't beat Lennox. Lennox fights, and he can do so inside. Wlad boxes, and he holds.

He'd inevitably try to hold when Lennox would be punching and s****ping for life, and Lennox would wallop him.

That's a styles match up, to me.

Wlad would destroy his brother. Vitali doesn't punch or attack the way he needs to, he's slower, he's weaker, and, while he's tougher with the stronger jaw, he's injury prone.

I honestly think Wlad is the far superior athlete and talent, and he'd wreck his brother. Wlad hit a horrible styles matchup that his brother was able to weather by going to war, and did a bit worse against Peter when he was struggling with is confidence.

Beyond that, their resumes and performances are in different leads. I don't think Lennox Lewis of his fight with Vitali survives prime Wlad, and I think that was CLOSE to prime Vitali(He was better in the Johnson and Williams fights, but he was approaching that form).
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #20
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hey bro!

Nah, Wlad wouldn't beat Lennox. Lennox fights, and he can do so inside. Wlad boxes, and he holds.

He'd inevitably try to hold when Lennox would be punching and s****ping for life, and Lennox would wallop him.

Wlad would destroy his brother. Vitali doesn't punch or attack the way he needs to, he's slower, he's weaker, and, while he's tougher with the stronger jaw, he's injury prone.

I honestly think Wlad is the far superior athlete and talent, and he'd wreck his brother. Wlad hit a horrible styles matchup that his brother was able to weather by going to war, and did a bit worse against Peter when he was struggling with is confidence.

Beyond that, their resumes and performances are in different leads. I don't think Lennox Lewis of his fight with Vitali survives prime Wlad, and I think that was CLOSE to prime Vitali(He was better in the Johnson and Williams fights, but he was approaching that form).
Awesome.

Thanks, dude. Good to see you're sticking around
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #21
Todd498
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Hey bro!

Hey Magna, I enjoy your post. You always have some interesting insight. After sparring both Lennox and Wladimir, who would you say was physically stronger? I think I remember you saying that Wlad hit harder.
Todd498 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #22
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

Wlad before he spent time with steward could quite easily get beat by bruno but a steward schooled wlad must be a pretty hot favourite. saying that the ref could play a part here bruno if held by wlad would hit wlad around the head powerfully legal or not and could sometimes use a pretty good uppercut in close
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #23
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'd take Wlad here but with a few scares along the way.Bruno other than the 2nd Tyson fight was competitive and just about hurt all the top guys he lost against.He hurt Tyson,Witherspoon,Bonecrusher and Lewis as for MaCall is he hurtable?!!!
They all had better chins than Wlad so could Wlad come back if hurt? Well pre Steward probably not but post Steward he'd see it through and probably stop Bruno late,although Wlads natural caution might make it a UD
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #24
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Quote:
Hey bro!

It's great reading posts from someone who's been in there. Thanks for sharing

I can't argue with picking Lewis over Wlad in a fight. I'm a big Wlad fan, but I would pick Lewis too. I rate him very highly
Squire is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Bruno would give Wlad a lot of hassle IMO as he can jab with him.

Bruno would need to throw hard early to have a chance of winning. More likely he gets broken down, gasses, and beaten down in the late rounds.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Who wins?
Come on now.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #27
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Highly. Very, very highly.

He's just a magnificent fighter. He belongs with the best I've shared the ring with, sparring and pro bouts. His jab feels like some right hands I've eaten, he no-sells it perfectly. Dictating range against him is horribly difficult; You go around, you're getting flashed with a hook or a right hand. You go under, hundreds of pounds of chiseled manflesh comes down on your back, and that does NOT feel good. He's brute strong and deceptively fast, and he could kill wild animals with his right cross.

I can't personally attest to Frank Bruno, but he seems a level below this. I like what I see, and he clearly has some great attributes and savvy, but he lost most of his big fights by decisive knockout, and that speaks to problems.
great insight
Bummy Davis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum