Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Why is Audley Harrison hated so much?

Wanted to ask this after the Price fight, but here goes... I don't get it. I read thousands of comments after that fight, from here to the daily mail to twitter. They all seemed to include a reference to at least one of the following: 'fraudley' 'coward' 'twat' 'cnt' 'retire' 'i hate him' 'lacks heart' etc etc. I think only Osama Bin Laden and Hitler come close to him in the hate department.

I read comment after comment and was just confused. I just could not work out what he had done to deserve so much hate. I finally concluded that most people are just sheep and have no idea why they hate him or if they even hate him at all and are just repeating what everybody else is saying.

I understand he promised he was going to be world champion. But that is called Hype, and without it boxing would be DEAD. I know if Haye debacle. But maybe, just maybe, he was injured like he said he was. He did get injured the Sprott fight, and it is possible he was still suffering from this issue. And considering how much cash he got for this fight he would have been stupid to turn it down.

Also, it is amazing how people can call him a coward or similar yet have never even been in a ring. I have never been in a ring either and so no it is ridiculous to call a man who takes punches for a living a coward.

Plus, given how much money Audley is paid to fight, who can blame him if he decides to postpone his retirement. He has got to earn a living.
hughesa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100
Default Re: Why is Audley Harrison hated so much?

I hate you.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He's just too good.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

He's loved by quite a few on here
sniffmybadger is online now  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
joe33

vCash:

His ego took over his mouth, he never listened to any one and thought he could form his own company and take care of himself, when it was obvious to most this is imposable if you want to get the best fights and trainers etc, as wrong as it probably is, you need to get a good promoter and team to guide you onwards, he seemed to want to cut that bit out and do it his own way at critical times...of course i may be talking bollocks lol
Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

I like Audley, best talker in the business.

Wouldn't mind him being my best mate so I'd get off my arse and do something.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5526

Don't think he's really hated, but people are fed up with him.

I think the main reason is his sheer delusion in a buildup towards a fight, and followed by sheer terror ones he's in the ring with his opponent. And again, and again... There is a funny component to it though.
He just doesn't belong in high level fights.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

I don't hate you really.

I think a lot of people hate on Audley because he promised so much and he failed to deliver. Not only did he fail to deliver it often appeared that he didn't want it enough. He was handed the 1 million BBC tv deal and his hunger seemed to disappear. There were times in the ring when he seemed that he didn't want to be there, especially when he got punched in the face.

I do think a lot of it is unfair though. Some people like to mock him with hilarious nicknames such as 'Fraudley' and 'A Farce' Brilliant. They get funnier the more you hear them.

I think he has shown moments of courage and determination. Not many though. The Sprott KO win for the Euro title was fantastic, probably his finest moment as a pro.

I think he always comes across really well too. He seems like a really likeable individual.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Maybe it's because he expended so much effort in the Haye fight and still couldn't pull off the win.
And they say God loves a trier.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
Peter__1987

vCash:

Because numerous people on here have paid good money to either watch him fight on PPV or buy tickets to his fights only for him to show up and not throw a single punch.

The Haye fight was the final straw for me, my mates asked me to go to the Price fight I refused point blank to put money in his pocket.

He's not a boxer he's a conman, always has been always will be, hence why I tweeted the cunt asking for my 15 back for the Haye "fight"

No respect for the man whatsoever.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

And the fact we're still talking about him after two bad KO's from 2 big fights suggests we could all learn a thing or three from the guy.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #12
Peter__1987

vCash:

Two biggest fights of his career combined he threw a total of one punch? or two?

He's a ****ing joke, the cancer of british boxing.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
Fightfan1912
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesa View Post
I think only Osama Bin Laden and Hitler come close to him in the hate department.
Depends who you ask

People are fed up with him and his bullshit and rightly so. He's the kid no one wants at the party and when he does show ruins it for everyone else.

All you can ask from any fighter is that they try their best. Audley certainly can't say that. He talks shit, takes the money and then lies down. Great.
Fightfan1912 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightfan1912 View Post
Depends who you ask

People are fed up with him and his bullshit and rightly so. He's the kid no one wants at the party and when he does show ruins it for everyone else.

All you can ask from any fighter is that they try their best. Audley certainly can't say that. He talks shit, takes the money and then lies down. Great.
I think this is pretty much why. There's also the hardcore contingent that seem to believe in his every fight, despite never showing any of the qualities needed to actually beat a decent opponent.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Jasper Simone
Veteran Traveller
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2572

It was obvious early doors that Audley wasn't cut out for the pro game. I suppose if you bought into his talk you'd feel let down, but that would be down to your own naivety. The others that hate on him do so because he simply never gave it his all once inside those ropes.
Jasper Simone is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum