Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
DeadlyOverhand
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Getting Stunned?..

How would you describe it?

I've been stunned twice and it only lasted for a couple of seconds. I just remember my leg feeling weird and everything getting darker, after wards I recoverd. The second time I dropped the guy with a bodyshot as soon as I recoverd.
DeadlyOverhand is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
connorcinhull
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 256421
Default Re: Getting Stunned?..

Reminds me of sitting up too fast when I'm really tired. There's that moment of "Whoa, shit, I'd better take it easy", then a moment of composure then it's back to normal..
connorcinhull is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Usually i'm good at masking it, and fighting through it. They usually don't know til I tell them after.

Although a recent experience was getting caught flush on the chin and sitting on my ass.
It wasn't a particularly hard shot, and it didn't daze me like other head shots where I don't go down, but for some reason it was just perfectly placed, and perfectly timed, and sat me on my ass. (it was a legit kd too, not a slip, or off-balance thing either)
I got up instantly without any issue (just a little embarrassed).
I was thinking "man, i've taken much worse shots than that and stayed standing".
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Well usually i just feel like my body has shut down and everything is ultra slow,then feelings come back and i grab the opponent.
2 times i just fel on my ass like what the hell?how did i get here?
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorcinhull View Post
Reminds me of sitting up too fast when I'm really tired. There's that moment of "Whoa, shit, I'd better take it easy", then a moment of composure then it's back to normal..
Perfect way explaining it. Hit the nail on the head for me. Weird sensation isn;t it?
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

When i really get rocked hard, I get a feeling of urgency like my body is telling me you better make something happen fast or your going down. I usually try and fight my way out of being rocked so I come back harder when I'm hurt. It may not be the most intelligent thing to do but its more instinctual than conscious thought.
Ricky42791 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

sma feeling here. been stunned once with a monster hook to the back of my head. it seemed like everything went black for a milisecond, my legs dipped a bit and i held on. finished the round and my legs were tingling. next round started and everything was fine but it was a good experience.

lets you know youre human
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

for some reason the first time i got really rocked in sparring i got wicked deja-vu
Spooner21 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
ben1990
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I once reached too far on a lazy jab and got hit right on the chin. Big white flash, was like my brain completely turned off for about .01 seconds. During that time my legs completely cut out. I was able to catch myself and back pedal and recover, but that must be what a flash knock down sort of feels like.
ben1990 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

For me it feels like a flash of light, I got hit on the back of the head real hard in a bout, messed me up for about 30 secs

Horrible feeling
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

First ever blow to my head was a hard straight right,Had a massive headache for minute or more then felt light headed
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
salamander

my mind goes blank and i cant hear very good. the matt looks very inviting to sleep on but u fight the urge to do so.

one time i during just a light sparring i got hit in the ear but it wasnt a very strong shot so i brushed it off. on m way home i pulled over for a minute or two coz i feel like im driving a boat instead of a car.
salamander is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
RichC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I have had different experiences.

Usually, I have a similar sensation to that on Call of Duty when a stun grenade goes off i.e. A white flash and a ringing high pitched sound in my ears.

A couple of times though everything has flashed luminous green. If any of you can remember old cameras that used to have films (i.e. negatives), my vision looked as though I was viewing my opponent through a luminous green negative.
RichC is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #14
ben1990
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
I have had different experiences.

Usually, I have a similar sensation to that on Call of Duty when a stun grenade goes off i.e. A white flash and a ringing high pitched sound in my ears.

A couple of times though everything has flashed luminous green. If any of you can remember old cameras that used to have films (i.e. negatives), my vision looked as though I was viewing my opponent through a luminous green negative.
Yeah, I once hit someone with a good overhand once, he described this same sensation to me. I saw I stunned him pretty bad, after the round asked him about it he said "whole ring turned green".
ben1990 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I feel my brain swell up, sometimes see a flash of light, I see hazily, sometimes I tear up if caught on the nose, and my heart starts beating faster as I get anxious.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing