Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is Audley Harrison hated so much?

I just realised something. A lot of the forums/news articles/ there was like one comment that said "Why is everybody so hard on audley? It's not like he's ever hurt anybody." When I read this comment I sort of nodded my head in agreement and thought at least some one is not giving him stick. But it has just clicked now what that comment actuall means lol. I can be a slow caant sometimes. I should have put that as my title haha.
hughesa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Audley needs to have a sit down interview when he finally retires and virtually say "I wasn't cut out the pro game". The air then cleared he should become a pundit as he is likeable and articulate- far better than the majority of Sky pundits. For American cards he'd be a good colour commentator as well.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Why is everybody so hard on audley? It's not like he's ever hurt anybody.
hughesa is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If people are naive enough to buy into the hype around him and then are disappointed afterwards, they deserve to be ripped off. Audley's a great salesman and has done very well for himself in a tough business even though he isn't a very good boxer. I went to see Price-Harrison but went for the whole card so I never consdidered it a rip off when he was gone in 80 odd seconds. Most thought it would happen so why's it a shock?

I don't hate him at all and commend him for doing well for himself. If people hate him for being fooled by his talk, I have no sympathy I'm afraid.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Most people are cunts.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Audley Harrison is the boxing embodiment of Hope. My brother once told me, when Audley Harrison speaks, i believe, he makes you believe. Not just in him, but something within yourself, its something beyond the realms of human comprehension. In society these days and in sport, everything is a statistics, its all about odds and statistics..? And there is nothing wrong with that. I am a fan of Audley Harrison and i have supported him in fights that knew, it is a mountain to climb. I don't only support him because i am just a fan, but i supported him because he installed hope..? What if.

It has nothing to do with statistic, or logical thinking. From a young age we are primed to be logical thinkers, think logical, move logical, talk logical. Its why we stopped dreaming, its why we settle for a life of mediocracy. Its why people who could of gone that extra mile, who could of been something else greater in life, they don't take that extra step, they don't run that extra mile, they don't stay that extra hour up late studying, they don't take that extra risk........because its not the logical thing to do.

Society has conditioned us to have the en-ability to make deep generalisations, to make sense on a in-depth level of many things in life, we are a morbid ****ing society that are all going to die. Its all a statistic, its all a simple maths equation, its all step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4 bullshit 7 days aweek. And to be honest..? I would not be bothered if most people stay this morbib, its a simple choice.

When Audley Harrison says things like, believe, never give up. He might aswell be a alien and be talking a totally different language to the majority of people. I think its weird the reaction of hatred he gets, its as if people are being defensive or something. If he wants to fight, just let the man fight.

Why is he hated so much..? Because people don't understand his mentality, or drive, his loses don't break him. A logical way of thinking is that it is all about profit and no loses, you cannot profit from a loss..? But this is not quite true, in this thing we call life.

If Audley Harrison had the logical way of thinking, i believe that he would of had a good steady life, but he would not of came this close to touching greatness..? He would not of taken boxing up at 19 years of age and stay fighting as a amateur boxer for a decade in the quest of becoming the Olympic Champion, the first Olympic Gold medallist in 32 years.

Me personally i believe that Audley Harrison for the past decade, has been searching for the past. Just searching for that moment when he was a national hero, but..? That Olympic Gold medal was always going to be his biggest achievement, even if he would of won a World Title.

Everything else has paled in comparison, to the task he had in the 2000 Olympics. When this sport, when this country needed Audley Harrison..? He rose to the occasion.

There have been better fighters that Audley Harrison ability wise, but they have not had that moment of greatness. Audley Harrison has had that moment, and climb that mountain! and in all honesty he should be happy, and look to moving on now.

Maybe he can have afew easy fights and just retire.

Chase some more quests in life.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #22
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

What a load of pish, PK. He may have done very well out of little actual talent, but he's hardly the exemplar of a boxing survivor. He keeps hanging around and then, when he gets a big opportunity, rather than give it everything he just gives up. The difference is that some people keep paying him money despite all the evidence that says he'll just capitulate again.

There are many admirable things about Harrison, but sadly his fighting isn't one of them.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #23
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

The worlds greatest minds, the people who changed the world have been lateral thinkers. Its not all about logic, before it has been achieved...? Everything is just born out of hope, when everything else fails we revert back to Hope, its about combining the two on a constant basis. Above all the processed, marketing, and business statistics, Symbolise of hope are still the most powerful tools and images in society.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
The worlds greatest minds, the people who changed the world have been lateral thinkers. Its not all about logic, before it has been achieved...? Everything is just born out of hope, when everything else fails we revert back to Hope, its about combining the two on a constant basis. Above all the processed, marketing, and business statistics, Symbolise of hope are still the most powerful tools and images in society.
Spewing psyhojumbo doesn't make it any more true, PK. Audley isn't a symbol of hope, he's a figure of fun.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #25
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Spewing psyhojumbo doesn't make it any more true, PK. Audley isn't a symbol of hope, he's a figure of fun.
I am not actually talking about Audley Harrson specifically "You are unable to make deep generalisations and meanings of things".

But he has been a symbol of hope at times during his career and life, but i am not solely talking about Audley Harrison here more so a ideal.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #26
RJJ's Jab
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1185

Pure jealousy what else can It be the man is the definition of a true gentleman. I find It quite warming that he has sandbagged his way through his career by letting Sprott, Williams, Price & Haye knocking him out also letting that Irish Redneck and Irish cabby get win too.

It's quite humbling to know that he never really wanted to be a World Champion, All he ever wanted was to be disliked by the unwashed public.
RJJ's Jab is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I for one cannot understand the personal abuse aimed at the man, some of the criticism as a boxer and his mentality in the ring is justified. But the man is a gentleman outside of the ring and causes no harm to anyone. He is not like some of the scum in the boxing world, out of the ring, to me, he comes across as a humble man. And some of the vile sick abuse he receives on here and in the mainstream I find disgusting and a form of bullying. He aint done f*ck all to any of you personally. And it seems like the "lets all laugh at Emile Heskey" bandwagon, because its the "in" thing to do. "Lets all point the finger and laugh at the scapegoat"

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!

The BBC excuse is bullshit and you know it! He didn't pay himself that money, BBC paid it! And if you think thats bad, then I suggest you have a good hard long look at the BBC NOW and what they spend money on. Bare in mind, not all of it is being spent, and some prick on top gear who gets paid to act a middle aged idiot for a living, is earning millions a year.

Nobody has a say on where that money gets spent, they take it and blow it up the wall on phone in vote competitions on a weekend.

And considering the byas shite BBC throw out, brainwash, and waste money on still to this day, AND employed a compulsive paedophile for years, I give Audley a thumbs up for raping them on that contract.....a modern day Robin Hood!

You may be laughing at Audley, but guess what, Audley is laughing at you.....because he made it and milked it.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #28
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
The BBC excuse is bullshit and you know it! He didn't pay himself that money, BBC paid it! And if you think thats bad, then I suggest you have a good hard long look at the BBC NOW and what they spend money on. Bare in mind, not all of it is being spent, and some prick on top gear who gets paid to act a middle aged idiot for a living, is earning millions a year.

Nobody has a say on where that money gets spent, they take it and blow it up the wall on phone in vote competitions on a weekend.

And considering the byas shite BBC throw out, brainwash, and waste money on still to this day, AND employed a compulsive paedophile for years, I give Audley a thumbs up for raping them on that contract.....a modern day Robin Hood!
Talk about going off on a tangent.

I think I'm the only one who's mentioned the BBC contract in this thread so I'm guessing all that's aimed at me?

All I said was this....

Quote:
He was handed the 1 million BBC tv deal and his hunger seemed to disappear.
I think it's a fair comment. Didn't Hagler famously say something amount silk pyjamas?

I was actually defending Audley for the most part too.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #29
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No, aiming at the people on here that base their "hate" on the fact he took a million of the BBC. License payers and all that.

It's the most bullshit excuse, he didn't pay himself that. The goons at BBC did....and those goons are still there now doing it!!!

I know say every single one of you would take it if it was offered on a plate.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Bare in mind, not all of it is being spent, and some prick on top gear who gets paid to act a middle aged idiot for a living, is earning millions a year.
Just some info for you on Top Gear and how much money it makes from overseas sales.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum